2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
No one is surprised if the Dogs are interested in Hayne especially when they have no salary cap. Anyway more on the Eels misery. New signing Gareth Hock pulled out of his deal to Join up with the Eels due to family reasons. Probably true, but also likely that he doesn't want to commit career suicide.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Well it's pretty obvious that Barba is goonneee. The amusing part is that the Dogs keep missing out on these high profile players they keep chasing. Maybe it's because most view the Dogs club as a poisonous scumhole.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Peter C said:
Blowfly said:
That's funny! Isn't Hayne under contract & wouldn't cost much less than around $700,000 a season.

How on earth do they stay invisible to cap auditors?

They've bought a team from other clubs players, paid overs to get them & given upgrades yet everything is sweet to chase one of the games elite fullbacks!

Incredible accounting!
I supposed they're resigned to losing Barba, when you look at their roster, the highest paid would be TRex, probably around $600,000, but the rest would not be on that much, probably no one else is on more than $300,000-350,000.

A host of their players would be on more than $350,000.

Barba, Morris, Reynolds, Hodkinson signed from Manly for $370,000per season, Eastwood, Pritchard from Penrith for $400,000, Williams, Graham, Ennis, Kasiano.

All signed on overs or upgraded to more than!

Sorry but I'll NEVER be convinced they're under the cap.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Blowfly said:
Peter C said:
Blowfly said:
That's funny! Isn't Hayne under contract & wouldn't cost much less than around $700,000 a season.

How on earth do they stay invisible to cap auditors?

They've bought a team from other clubs players, paid overs to get them & given upgrades yet everything is sweet to chase one of the games elite fullbacks!

Incredible accounting!
I supposed they're resigned to losing Barba, when you look at their roster, the highest paid would be TRex, probably around $600,000, but the rest would not be on that much, probably no one else is on more than $300,000-350,000.

A host of their players would be on more than $350,000.

Barba, Morris, Reynolds, Hodkinson signed from Manly for $370,000per season, Eastwood, Pritchard from Penrith for $400,000, Williams, Graham, Ennis, Kasiano.

All signed on overs or upgraded to more than!

Sorry but I'll NEVER be convinced they're under the cap.

Ah, yes. But they always have political clout with the NRL.
Now, even more so with that Greenbug.
Dogs will be untouchable. They can't do no wrong. You'll see.

-

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Pretty sure they would be asking how can we afford to pay our almost complete rep team

Face facts with the way deals are structed these days (back ending, third party deals etc) it is not as simple as speculating x player is on this much

Look at our team and how much of the cap dce , foz, Brett, Glenn and Jamie must be taking up. How do we then keep Steve m? Matty b? Kingy etc?

Oh sorry I forgot it is all a conspiracy by the dogs etc

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Yeah given that our entire run on squad is made up of former rep players, current rep players or rep players in waiting I don't think we really have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about other teams. Sure we're not out signing any really big stars at the moment but that's because our team is outstanding as it is!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
eaglebuzz said:
Yeah given that our entire run on squad is made up of former rep players, current rep players or rep players in waiting I don't think we really have much of a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about other teams. Sure we're not out signing any really big stars at the moment but that's because our team is outstanding as it is!

Actually EB I would suggest that Manly arent chasing big stars at the moment because they have learnt from Melbourne's policy to get you potential stars when they are very young and unknown so you can outlay much less money to start, train them to suit the style of play Manly are looking for and create a sense of loyalty so that when contract time comes up they prefer to stay and only go if the money offered to go elsewhere is well beyond what Manly is offered (eg Hopoate, Tony Williams, Hodginson).

Manly hasnt bought a marquee player since Lyon about half a decade ago. They did get Orford, but he was coming back to the fold. Manly obviously have realised that the best way to stay in the eight consistently is to avoid paying big bucks for marquee players unless absolutely necessary, and instead rely on a constant flow of talented well coached and well integrated youngsters

Rambo1987

Bencher
Bearfax said:
eaglebuzz said:

Actually EB I would suggest that Manly arent chasing big stars at the moment because they have learnt from Melbourne's policy to get you potential stars when they are very young and unknown so you can outlay much less money to start, train them to suit the style of play Manly are looking for and create a sense of loyalty so that when contract time comes up they prefer to stay and only go if the money offered to go elsewhere is well beyond what Manly is offered (eg Hopoate, Tony Williams, Hodginson).

Manly hasnt bought a marquee player since Lyon about half a decade ago. They did get Orford, but he was coming back to the fold. Manly obviously have realised that the best way to stay in the eight consistently is to avoid paying big bucks for marquee players unless absolutely necessary, and instead rely on a constant flow of talented well coached and well integrated youngsters

Marquee players are paid overs, Manly and the Storm have the knack of buying players that have struggled at other clubs.
Both clubs would have a long list of players that have gone to bigger things.
Just name a few Robbie Kearns, Jaiman Lowe, Bryan Norrie, Todd Lowrie, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Shane Rodney, Heath L'Estrange, Glenn Hall, George Rose, Mark Bryant, Michael Robertson.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Both clubs also have a knack of identifying youngsters who are likely to come good. For Manly just in the past decade they picked up juniors like Brett and Glenn Stewart, Wolfman, Taufua, Matai, Foran, Ballin, Cherry-Evans, Buhrer, Tony Williams, Hodkinson, Whare, Warea-Hargraves etc. And those to supplement local kids like Hopoate, Lussick, Oldfield, Trbojevic and Gutherson, with others brought in like Sao, Chee-Kam, Hiku also soon to make their mark. We lose quite a few because other clubs are prepared to pay bigger bucks for them, but we generally (except perhaps Hopoate and Warea- Hargraves) hold onto the cream.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Guzzler

Reserve Grader
The Prince of Brookvale said:
Our friends at the doggies are now looking Kurtley Beale lol

We are also looking at bringing back Mick Potter as fullback when he gets the arse from the Tigers.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You're right. They're not our friends. Except for Guzzler.

Sam tompkins to Manly 2014

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13