2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
The Who said:
simon64 said:
Joel Thompson -----> Dragons for 3 years.

Repotedly for $400,000 a season. I can't understand how Illawarra would pay that much for him and not try to get back Josh Morris from the Dogs. I'd pay 50% more for Morris than Thompson, plus he is a local junior and I'm sure the Morris brothers would love to play together again. Have players who have grown up supporting the club, whereever possible.

Not that I care. I dislike Illawarra. But I think they are engaging in the failed Easts, 'Riff and Doesn'tMatta policy of panic purchasing; paying over the odds for anybody stupid enough to join them ie. Dugan and Carney.
For me, Illawarra should have the player nursery to always be strong, while St George has a winning culture and generally recruits selectively.

Remember the cap is going up a lot, so a lot of the prices for the good players will be increasing as well. 400k will probably end up what the 250k type of player has been the past few years

J Morris is still under contract with the Dogs so they can't really persue him too hard and put their eggs in that basket

Clint

Tipping Member
I hope Josh does end up back at the Dragons. (for my wife if nothing else)
I reckon it sucks the way he got shafted so Gasnier could come back. And then Gasnier pissed off again anyway.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Clint said:
I reckon it sucks the way he got shafted so Gasnier could come back. And then Gasnier pissed off again anyway.

Josh Morris left the Dragons at the end of 08, the same year Gasnier did. He was already at the Dogs a year and a half before Gasnier came back

Clint

Tipping Member
Kiwi Eagle said:
Clint said:

Josh Morris left the Dragons at the end of 08, the same year Gasnier did. He was already at the Dogs a year and a half before Gasnier came back

Fair enough KE. Obviously I have my timing wrong. I recall something about cap pressure for the Dragons 'cause Gaz wanted to come back, so they had to let a few go, and I thought Josh was one of them.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
BOZO said:
Reynolds signed with the dogs for the next 3 years

It was a 4yr deal.

Thats too long for a player that isnt showing improvement at the moment.

http://www.nrl.com/reynolds-nrl-re-signing-boosts-canterbury/tabid/10874/newsid/71808/default.aspx

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The Mole just said on The Game Plan that Wolfie will retire this year :(

I hope that he can play in another winning GF :ANGEL:

[attachment=377]

joeboy

Bencher
Yeah I heard that too..

Maybe the seriousness of all his injuries is catching up with him.

Is a great player, but I would understand that decision.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Napper said:
Chip and Chase said:
the mauler said:
Wasn't Gus at the Roosters when they punted Soward? Pure desperation... How anyone would sign him for 4 years is beyond me. Lol....

Gould loves Soward. He was coach at Roosters when Soward played lower grades. Has always had a thing for him. No surprise he picked him up for Panthers, although 4 year deal seems a bit long to me.

Maybe Gould wants to see if Soward's c*** tastes like Freddy's.

Gould already knows from the roosters days. That's why he wants him back.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
bones said:
Bearfax said:
voicefromthehill said:
the mauler said:
Wasn't Gus at the Roosters when they punted Soward? Pure desperation... How anyone would sign him for 4 years is beyond me. Lol....

He is part of their 5 year plan

If VOTH you are alluding the succession of 5 year plans that Stain and Mao both set out to implement in their respective countries, your comparison has me quite amused. Many times these 5 years plans achieved little constructive benefit but looked good in planning. And by the time a new 5 year plan was being promoted, the old plan had been long forgotten as having been a waste of effort.

Good thinking VOTH

VOTH ? Voicefr Om The Hill?

Sorry Bones. I'm going dyslexic in my old age, along with other faux pas. VFTH then. That should set the marrow in your bones to right.

Rex

Bencher
HappilyManly said:

Are you sure the Mole said that?

Kristen Stewart is Bella Swan in the Twilight Series and Manly has a "flyer" named ...

Swan, flyer, Stewart...

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HappilyManly said:

I'm going with "not believing it until it is official!"

Get better wolfie! We need fatties like you running around. :cool::D:angel::dodgy::blush::D

Stevo

First Grader
Rex said:
HappilyManly said:

Are you sure the Mole said that?

Kristen Stewart is Bella Swan in the Twilight Series and Manly has a "flyer" named ...

Swan, flyer, Stewart...

I think it's piss poor that you know what Kristen Stewarts characters name is on Twilight.

Hand in your man card!

Darren

Bencher
Bagging Brookie or any topic is okay provided its in the correct section and appropriate manner. You can have your tv banter in another area as this section is for signings.

RL Gronk

Reserve Grader
Darren said:
Bagging Brookie or any topic is okay provided its in the correct section and appropriate manner. You can have your tv banter in another area as this section is for signings.
Who does it annoy more dirwood you or jase

bones

Bones Knows
Darren said:

Darren, this thread is for rumoured and confirmed signings, not which threads posts should go in. Could you please keep to the correct topic? Cheers.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15