2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
What is going on at the Titans. Losing guys like Lawrence and Peyroux and signing plodders like Taylor and Idris. Madness.

Blake

Reserve Grader
Imagine if they succeeded in signing Cronk too. There'd be a lot more players heading out the door.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Folau holding a press conference in just over an hour, expected to be announcing he is leaving AFL

More than likely to be in Eels colours next season

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Holy **** where are those dudes getting their money from...don't forget Hoppa Jnr there in 2014 on 1.85 Million for 2 years

Masked Eagle

Bencher
I like this signing. There was a thread a few months ago from memory about who would you sign if the Titans went bust. Lawrence was the guy I said I think would thrive in our set up and we should go after.

He'd be stoked by the 3 year deal as well.

tookey

First Grader
Mark from Brisbane said:
Holy s**t where are those dudes getting their money from...don't forget Hoppa Jnr there in 2014 on 1.85 Million for 2 years

And it is a certainty that Hayne will be demanding that his new contract at least match or better what Parra have offered to Hoppa and Folau. Add in Sandow in big bucks and Parra's team will consist of Hoppa, Folau, Hayne, Sandow and 13 reserve graders on minimum contacts so as to fit under the cap.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The nrl shouldn't approve his contract.

You made your bed, now lie with the afl fleas.

Won't happen of course. The media will be all giddy with prodigal son references etc.

edit: as will many posters.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
tookey said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Holy s**t where are those dudes getting their money from...don't forget Hoppa Jnr there in 2014 on 1.85 Million for 2 years
And it is a certainty that Hayne will be demanding that his new contract at least match or better what Parra have offered to Hoppa and Folau. Add in Sandow in big bucks and Parra's team will consist of Hoppa, Folau, Hayne, Sandow and 13 reserve graders on minimum contacts so as to fit under the cap.

Don't forget Darcy's on big money too!

Parra's chances haven't improved by the re-signing of Cheyse Blair for three years today.

Tall about bad timing! Haha

Sea Eagles News
Sea Eagles TV
iPhone App
Photo Galleries
Facebook
Twitter
RSS Feed
E-News

Brenton Lawrence signs with Sea Eagles
Thursday 1 November 2012 10:19 AM

The Sea Eagles have signed powerful forward Brenton Lawrence after he was granted a release by the Gold Coast Titans.
The 27-year-old South Australian will join Manly on a three-year deal, bringing plenty of strength and physicality to the Sea Eagles forward pack.
He made his NRL debut for the Titans in 2011 after a long, determined journey from junior footy in Adelaide, through Canberra and up to the Gold Coast.
The former Australian Schoolboy had a breakthrough season for the Titans in 2012, making the most of his extra minutes while teammates Greg Bird, Nate Myles and Ashley Harrison were away in Origin camp.
He has plenty of pace and impressive footwork as well as power, which was on show against the Panthers in Round 15, bamboozling Penrith fullback Lachlan Coote and halfback Luke Walsh in a 35m race to the line.
Lawrence will start pre-season training with the Sea Eagles later this month and says he's looking forward to cementing a regular spot in the first grade side.
“I have loved my time at the Titans and I’d like to thank everyone there, especially the players and coach, John Cartwright,“ Lawrence said.
“I am looking forward to a new challenge by going to such a strong and proud club as the Sea Eagles.”
“They have a tough and experienced playing roster and I know the move will further develop my rugby league career.”
General Manager of Football, Steve Gigg said it’s a great boost for the club.
"Brenton is a great acquisition to the Sea Eagles. He will add further strength and depth to our already outstanding forward pack," Gigg said.

the guy is a monster

it was on the Manly site

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Saw this too, A good addition and should be good replacement for T-rex. Especially after how poor Trex was this year.

I think he will add some freshness to our pack

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I don't think he will fit in to our defensive structure as he seems to tackle too low and Not grab at the ball or ball carriers shoulder. It seemed watching this year that only Joe G was able to tackle below the sternum. (Sarcasm guys)

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Chip and Chase said:
So what's the latest with registering Snakes contract and retaining Kitey for next year ?? seems we are signing merrily away despite supposed salary cap pressure. Is there someone else currently on the roster that won't be around next year to free up $$$$ ?

I've been wondering what the go is with these 2. Either one or both might not be at the club next year hence these new signings. Might just me being paranoid.

Titans Fan

He has the potential. I think he is a big loss and its unfortunate that he was behind Bails, Myles, Douglas, Harro, Bird, Taylor, Ridge and James in pecking order. A good signing for Manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15