2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

PJ

Bencher
eagles2win said:
Gareth Hock to Parra (apparently)

Shaun Ainsgough apparently coming to Aus as well

Shaun Ainscough has signed with South City Bulls (Wagga) in the Group 9 competition.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Willy Mason not signed by Knigbts
Worth an incentive contract perhaps ?

Not a bad idea - he played well last year but the Knights will keep him.

niccipops said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Blake said:
Rumour, Scott Prince to Brisbane.

I heard Dragons & Tigers
Sydney Swans - ball boy. Also strong rumours to join the Pole Dancing for Jesus team in Denver, Colorado.

Wait for it - The Bulldogs will show interest..............

RL Gronk

Reserve Grader
Rambo1987 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

niccipops said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Blake said:

I heard Dragons & Tigers
Sydney Swans - ball boy. Also strong rumours to join the Pole Dancing for Jesus team in Denver, Colorado.

Won't happen. Mason has no love for that smug swine Greenberg

bones

Bones Knows
RL Gronk said:
Rambo1987 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

niccipops said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Blake said:

I heard Dragons & Tigers

Won't happen. Mason has no love for that smug swine Greenberg

He was talking about Prince mate.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Mason is a solid player when he keeps his mind on the job though I understand he's somewhat disruptive away from the game. However Manly have just about spent their quota now having managed to hold onto;

Cherry-Evans,
Foran,
Brett Stewart,
David Williams,
Buhrer,
Matai,
Taufua,
and Ballin

as well as fended off interest in;

Gutherson
and Trbojovic.

And then they went about securing a couple of solid first grade forwards as well as the cream of the NYC and Central Coast sides with

Ligi Siu,
Peta Hiku,
Michael Chee-Kam,
Richie Fa'aoso,
Jacob Gagan,
Joshua Robinson.
James Hasson,
Mitch Manson
and Ben Musolino

.... have I missed anyone.....I think Manly's recruitment drive for next year has covered all bases very well dont you think (you're right ..Noel Cleal who?)?

We lost a few but for me the only major loss was Hopoate and his brother Jamil. But we've got a ton of talent now sitting on the sideline waiting to be the next generation premiership Manly side.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Can someone explain what this means for 2013?

..The ARLC will confirm a $5 million salary cap for the 2013 season, while clubs are also set to be given an indication on where the cap and the annual grants will head over coming years...

I am confused about the monies that go from NRL to Manly for Players, as opposed to Administration. Or is there no difference? Does Manly only get the $5 million?

In 2012 it was $4.4 million salary capso a measly 600k per anum is only a 13% increase.
Whilst the Broadcast deal went from $500 million to $1,025 million and the Offshore and Radio Broadcast deals are still being negotiated.

If the ARLC had any business sense for tribal Sports, they would lower the entry fees to those of us that want to attend live games.
We supply the atmosphere for the TV audience and the Players IMO.

Hope the $600k got Brett's contract signed off by Schubert as well as Kitey's and Wolfy's :angel:

Rambo1987

Bencher
Confirmed Broncos sign Scott Prince after Titans grant him a release.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-and-knights-emerge-as-contenders-for-scott-prince-after-titans-grant-him-a-release/story-e6frexnr-1226507376079

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The main reason for this was the agreed increase in the cap was benchmarked before the Tv rights was done. So it was a hyperthetical amount so the clubs had a total to work with for player recruitment. As the deal was struck late in the season the NRL believed it may disadvantage some team to make the cap higher as the recruitment plan may have differed

At this stage the talk is about incremental increase of the cap over the length of the TV deal however i feel this is a massive mistake

The game needs more depth more than in needs 10% of the stars having massive increases and as i see it raising the cap in increments will really just allow player managers to set a system to that a few achieve a lot more each year as chief playmakers come off contract

All clubs should be told here is another million, get 4 more players each back from england by 2014 to strengthen the comp and provide depth. It doesnt matter where they come from as long as its not from the NRL or affiliations. We just want more talent in the game

The NRL has a real chance to improve the product here, not just make a few players from each team happy

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Kiwi Eagle said:
Peyroux to Warriors, and sounds like Iro will be assistant at the Chooks next year

Bugger. I liked watching that kid run around for the Titans (when given the opportunity:huh:). Hit's like a truck.
Titans have to be genuine favourites for the spoon next year. I hope not, that'll just about f@ck the joint up here.:-/

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Peyroux to Warriors, and sounds like Iro will be assistant at the Chooks next year

Bugger. I liked watching that kid run around for the Titans (when given the opportunity:huh:). Hit's like a truck.
Titans have to be genuine favourites for the spoon next year. I hope not, that'll just about f@ck the joint up here.:-/

Wombie...based on the turnout for round 26 this yearI think they are almost at that point already

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
jbb/james said:
The main reason for this was the agreed increase in the cap was benchmarked before the Tv rights was done. So it was a hyperthetical amount so the clubs had a total to work with for player recruitment. As the deal was struck late in the season the NRL believed it may disadvantage some team to make the cap higher as the recruitment plan may have differed

At this stage the talk is about incremental increase of the cap over the length of the TV deal however i feel this is a massive mistake

The game needs more depth more than in needs 10% of the stars having massive increases and as i see it raising the cap in increments will really just allow player managers to set a system to that a few achieve a lot more each year as chief playmakers come off contract

All clubs should be told here is another million, get 4 more players each back from england by 2014 to strengthen the comp and provide depth. It doesnt matter where they come from as long as its not from the NRL or affiliations. We just want more talent in the game

The NRL has a real chance to improve the product here, not just make a few players from each team happy

I thought I heard that the NRL squads were to be increased from 25 to 30 players. But further to what you are saying, the NRL should be increasing to 30 player squad and increasing the base pay from the $55k to something like $70k.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17