2009 Lower Grades

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SF08

Reserve Grader
[img=400x266]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292/Sea-Eagle-Scuba/silvertails09banner.jpg[/img]

Dear all,

As most of you are aware, I help Dan moderate the lower grade sections of the website. With the help of dedicated members such as Berkeley Eagle, we hope to ramp this particular area up a gear from our 2008 efforts and provide Silvertails with the impressive lower grade structure it rightfully deserves.

In 2008, with very little time to organise ourselves, we quickly chucked together a forum thread for both the Harold Matthews and SG Ball competitions, and other individual threads for both the Toyota Cup Under 20’s and NSW Cup competitions. In 2009, with the benefit of time in the off season, we’ve chosen to restructure this area a bit differently. Dan will be making these adjustments before the season starts, so keep an eye out on the Lower Grade section!

Before then, here’s a rough plan of how we intend it to look:

Instead of having one single thread for each grade, we intend of giving them their own individual sub-forum within the lower grades section. So for example, Harold Matthews will have its own forum, SG Ball similar, and so on. From here, all the moderators have to do is update existing threads each week with fresh ladders, results etc. So, the members will no longer have to sort through a large amount of content to find exactly what they are looking for. Instead, all will be organised for them. For example, each week a moderator (most probably myself) will update the following threads (using Harold Matthews):

* Harold Matthews Results
* Harold Matthews Ladders
* Harold Matthews Weekly Fixtures
* Harold Matthews Manly Draw/Results Only

These will be the only stickied threads within the Harold Matts forum – so they will be right at the top and easy for members to view. Once the next week’s games have been played, the threads are updated. There will also be an announcement each week which will primarily be used to inform the forum that these threads have indeed been updated. Most probably, these announcements will take place in the NRL Forum to potentially increase exposure to the lower grade section. And so, the process continues like this throughout the season.

In the case of some Under 20’s games, we are hoping to conduct some Live Update threads which will hopefully ignite some member discussion whilst the games are being played. In this case, all the moderator will do is open up a new thread in the Toyota Cup forum with a title along the lines of: ‘Round 2 Live Updates’. This will often be the case when the games are televised live on Fox Sports. More information on this will follow in the future.

Okay, so that’s the logistics covered, now to talk about what Silvertails will be covering in 2009.

We will be covering the following competitions:
* Harold Matthews (Under 16’s)
* SG Ball (Under 18’s)
* Toyota Cup (Under 20’s)
* QLD Cup (Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles)

We have opted against covering the 2009 NSW Cup competition, purely because the Sea Eagles will not be fielding a team. For those that may not know, they will be sending 6-8 players to the Sunshine Coast on a weekly basis to play in the QLD Cup for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles. Thus, we have decided to cover the 2009 QLD Cup instead.

We hope you enjoy the changes, and the new Lower Grade Section in Season 2009. Happy New Year to all members and go those mighty Sea Eagles in 2009!

Regards,

Steve.

Hi, I plan to make 3 matts sg ball games this year! I will be happy to supply match and player report/standouts as usual. Let's hope our juniors go a bit better this year, however if we can get 2-3 players thru that is great

Excellent idea. Love hearing about the talented juniors that are coming through, and hopefully we can get the likes of Darren, Scuba and the rest to give everyone here a good indication of how we're shaping up for the future.

Looking at the lists of junior players for 2009, there is a load of newies which is real good, young hoppa was the standout last year so hopingfor more kids to filter thru

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8