20/20 Cricket

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good poll. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Personally I though it was diabolical. A tricked up equivalent of a can of red bull to keep the under 30s satisifed with their short attention span and all.

Awful stuff.

I think its ok for something different.

But not a regular on the calender.

Maybe a yearly 20/20 comp similar to the world cup, but much shorter would be good. Player play one game per evening for a week or so, the top 4 play semi then a final. Would only be the same amount of cricket as a test so the players could handle it once a year.

I think of it kinda like the skins in swimming or golf

Good to watch and something different but not a true show of talent or taken particularily seriously.

BTW I have bowled, batted, kept - im just a very talented individual.

Having a 20/20 domestic game before an international may increase interest in the game a little more. The crowed they get are attrocious.

Id say it depends on the cost.

If its 20 bucks or less they will get many a person wandering down after work for an evening out.

Sell out crowds are atrocious??????????//

I reckon cricket needs to try something, because the success of the current Australian side is hurting cricket in other nations.

After a few modifications I believe it has potential. Alot of the reaction against it has been because the game was so onesided.

I reckon cricket needs to try something, because the success of the current Australian side is hurting cricket in other nations.

Spoken like true ignorant. There is no way in hell, a country like india will ever have their cricket damaged. Its gods game in their country and nothing will every take it from them. The more they get, the happier they are. Even if not winning. They love the game, not just their team. You could throw Zimbabwie and Trinidad in a match in India and have a sell out crowd.

A tsunami could not stop children in Sri Lanka from playing cricket with a broken fence pailing. We have to remember we havn't always been this side. We have only really just become the superpower of cricket that we are. And, eventually, we won't be their anymore. Eveyone takes their turn but it doesn't damage the game at all IMO.

Usually there are one or two teams capable of beating the superpower - Our side now and the windies in the 80's being the 2 basic exeptions.

I have to say I'd love to see a real struggle in a test series. Hopefully the poms keep imroving and can force us to play our best cricket.

Id love to see us get beaten all the time. Not just beaten but have a good game put up against us. Just when you think we are going to struggle in any game, we end up cake walking it.

[blockquote]I reckon cricket needs to try something, because the success of the current Australian side is hurting cricket in other nations.

Spoken like true ignorant. There is no way in hell, a country like india will ever have their cricket damaged. Its gods game in their country and nothing will every take it from them. The more they get, the happier they are. Even if not winning. They love the game, not just their team. You could throw Zimbabwie and Trinidad in a match in India and have a sell out crowd.

A tsunami could not stop children in Sri Lanka from playing cricket with a broken fence pailing. We have to remember we havn't always been this side. We have only really just become the superpower of cricket that we are. And, eventually, we won't be their anymore. Eveyone takes their turn but it doesn't damage the game at all IMO.[/blockquote]

I'm glad you think that test matches over in 3 days are good for the game. I'm glad you think Cricket in South Africa, New Zealand and the West Indies is all rosy. Have a look at the crowds in these places before you make a hack statement like that based solely on one or two countries.

I, like many others are sick of test matches being over in 3 days. How good was the test series in 2000/2001 in India. It was great because it was close, with some great cricket being played.

I know it's not Australia's fault that these other test playing nations are struggling, but for you to say that Australia's dominance is not hurting other nations is ignorant.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4