1st penalty vs Tigers was not a penalty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think back to last year and Perenara's Panthers game. Even though they lost, the team dealt with the game really well. But not long after this the attitude of the team seemed to collapse every time there was a bad call against them. I'm starting to wonder whether the same conspiracy theories have crept into some the squads thinking or that the constant "misfortune" of the club is finally impacting moral. It's easy to say that the players should be more professional about it and even fire up because of it but the only other time I remember things being anywhere near this bad was 98/99 and were were pretty bad then despite the caliber of players we still had in the squad.

Of course the players would be aware of the Manly loading, and the negitive bias we constantly get from the referees, it's been happening since the 90's....
We lost the 2013 grand final by the biggest Manly hater of all time, Shayne Hayne, in the most one sided performance I've ever witnessed.

The fact is, we just have to adapt, and overcome. We have to be that much better than the opposition to negate the bias that is commonly on display, not only by the referees, but the NRL in general and the public at large.

It's tough to be a Manly fan, it's frustrating for us, the players, and the playing staff. The one thing as certain as death, and taxes, we are never going to have any sympathisers, so we just have to brush off the dirt, get back out there, and do our best for this great and proud club. Embrace the hate. We are stronger. together.

Of course the players would be aware of the Manly loading, and the negitive bias we constantly get from the referees, it's been happening since the 90's....
We lost the 2013 grand final by the biggest Manly hater of all time, Shayne Hayne, in the most one sided performance I've ever witnessed.

The fact is, we just have to adapt, and overcome. We have to be that much better than the opposition to negate the bias that is commonly on display, not only by the referees, but the NRL in general and the public at large.

It's tough to be a Manly fan, it's frustrating for us, the players, and the playing staff. The one thing as certain as death, and taxes, we are never going to have any sympathisers, so we just have to brush off the dirt, get back out there, and do our best for this great and proud club. Embrace the hate. We are stronger. together.
I do wonder how much the current administration at the club is attempting to shield the players from negative press and problems at the club. If it is (and it kind of looked that way on the weekend's press conference) then:
1. That's simply not going to work in this day and age
2. Surely it is better to use it as motivation. Put every negative and incorrect media article and negative thing the NRL has done to us up on a big board and have every Manly employee look at it before every training session and match. And if that's too hard or confronting for you then you are playing/working for the wrong club

It's got to be hard when don't have any position for the first 20 minutes, then, when you finally get the ball, we drop it on the first tackle multiple times, it's sure to be deflating, and frustrating, especially when your forwards are gassed. I actually thought we put in a fair effort to close out the first half considering, but we dropped the ball again. If we kept them to 14-0 at halftime, we may have been a chance, as we were 12 all after the second half. It was just one of those games I'd rather forget.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8