1st penalty vs Tigers was not a penalty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

XV-1

First Grader
Interesting watching NRL tonight and how Paul Crawley stated as fact that the first penalty on the 3rd set of the game vs Tigers was NOT an offside penalty.
He reviewed the refs overhead feed and Manly were 12 to 13m back and did not jump the gun. Penalty was BS. Called by the pocket ref.

From then Tigers played perfect footy for the next 17 mins. 3 drop outs and 3 more pens and 2 tries.
Manly had one set in 17 minutes.

After that Manly were crap, but probably the game was lost set off by that BS penalty and Tigers perfect play for 17 minutes.

Last edited:
Things like this just fook us up so much. Its bloody bullcrap. Momentum is so important now days. Credit too tigers for keeping the pressure and not dropping the ball. It prooves the nrl has a bias againts us and some refs are under greenburgs wings. Its a bloody rort.

I didnt think it was a penalty & it certainly cost us but I think the players response is an indication of where we are at as a side at the moment. A young side that takes these type of penalties to heart & let sit affect their performance.

Our great sides of the past would have just said F*** the refs & ripped in, defending the line for as long as possible until they forced an error.

There is a stark contrast between the quality & maturity of our previous sides with the side that we currently running around

Now that the refs aren't letting the storm and Cows get away with constant bull**** they look pretty average as well.

We have the most inexperienced side in the NRL so will feel the effects more than most too.

All of this year it has felt like the referees are looking to ping us first in each game. Felt like punching a wall after that first penalty on the weekend given how we muscled us in that set and also because it was on the 5th

And then the first penalty we got after we finally got hold of the ball was only 10 metres out on the first tackle.

Even Gus on Nein mentioned that he couldn't understand the offside penalties that were being blown because the refs were getting back at least 12 metres.

Most inexperienced and becoming even less experienced each week. However I’m happy to see JetSki and Paseka there now, and wouldn’t mind if Fainu Anderson or Suli were also called up later this year.

Like the fact that Paul Crawley is the one guy who goes against popular opinion and sticks up for us (eg 2013 GF debacle)

on the same NRL 360 Paul Kent did say that the NRL were getting a lot wrong ie 'the way they screwed Manly'

Interesting watching NRL tonight and how Paul Crawley stated as fact that the first penalty on the 3rd set of the game vs Tigers was NOT an offside penalty.
He reviewed the refs overhead feed and Manly were 12 to 13m back and did not jump the gun. Penalty was BS. Called by the pocket ref.

From then Tigers played perfect footy for the next 17 mins. 3 drop outs and 3 more pens and 2 tries.
Manly had one set in 17 minutes.

After that Manly were crap, but probably the game was lost set off by that BS penalty and Tigers perfect play for 17 minutes.

I think we can expect to receive very little favours (in fact be treated poorly) while we stand up to Greenberg in the salary cap saga.

The game is run by crooks unfortunately!

And then the first penalty we got after we finally got hold of the ball was only 10 metres out on the first tackle.

Even Gus on Nein mentioned that he couldn't understand the offside penalties that were being blown because the refs were getting back at least 12 metres.

I don’t like this thing with the refs telling the defensive line when they’re allowed to go, either. Not only do they struggle to figure out what 10m actually is (some refs keep teams back 12-13m, some it’s 7 or 8m), they don’t always give the defence the instruction to go straight away either. Some of these penalties for ‘leaving early’ are because the ref called it late, not that the defence moved before the ball was played. Besides which, scientifically speaking, light carries faster than sound, so you will see the ball played with the foot before the ref has time to call that you can go. Same reason timekeepers in swimming, athletics etc are taught to start their watches off the pistol smoke or starters light, not the bang or beep.

Again it highlights the idiocy of having two referees.
I'm amazed the calls for a return to one ref have died down. It is so obvious that two refs are twice as bad as one and contribute to such a shambles our sport has become.
I am also waiting for a whistleblower to turn informant and fess up that it is his fellow referees, not players, who are in the pocket of betting agencies.

The best crowd of the season was their to support manly unfortunately they played like a bunch of wankers. I won’t be going again this year to spend my $100 on tickets beer and food until they start showing some heart . Blame the refs for the first few penalties but great manly teams would shrug it off and use it as motivation. We will lose against the eels and I will be putting my $100 on them to recoup the wasted money I spent last Sunday

I think our players we’re especially surprised as I suspect they’ve been trained to hang back a bit late in the tackle count when they’re dominating to stop giving away penalties.

Get over it! The NRL hate Manly, oh you really think we where going to get a fair rub? Seriously? I expected it, why didn't the team expect it? Deeeeeer fredddy! But we should have handled it and dealt with it - we were not good enough.

Until such time we succumb to the NRL greater good, this will happen.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8