1978 Finals series - motivate these blokes to avoid the spoon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Today 31, yes 31 years ago, is Saint Cliffy's day.
Otherwise known as the day he destroyed Canberra.
He scored a try, was Clive Churchill medalist and was the major factor in our 5th premiership,masterfully orchestrating a 18-8 victory over the raiders.
All I'll say about my experiences that day is what a day!!!

We will remember them
Lest we forget
The Legendary , unforgettable and incomparable gutsy 1978 premiership Manly winning team with Cranky Franky our super coach (who was not a cry baby like Barrett ) and off course our God father Arko who made offers to players that were too good to refuse . Six games in 3 weeks to win the Premiership , never before and never again .
The 1978 winning team never knew the meaning of excuses or adversity . All they knew was how to win against all odds
This is what our true Manly culture stands for and this is why I am a proud Manly supporter
God bless our mighty Sea eagles club !!!

42659790_2253349174899214_227635727704260608_n.jpg

What a great night and what a fabulous bunch of men- so humble and generous with their time. Funny quote was from Ian Thompson - we can’t believe people still want our autograph after 40 years.

Anyway the sense I got was there is disappointment that the club lost some of its soul, Zorba was calling on Cliffy and Julie Sibraa (as football club) to ensure the club stays at Brookie etc.

Nothing much said about the current era but I guess it was best left unsaid on a night to celebrate one of the clubs greatest achievements

1978 Photo:
K Arthurson,
G Eadie,
S Booth,
J Harvey,
T Randall,
I Thompson,
T Mooney,
F Stanton,

I Martin,
S Martin,
A Thomson,
M Krilich,
R Gartner,
B Walker,
S Knight

84OdCMuSIjGrpsSW4PClaXQluhgltjaeMAEcMe5lLD3fpRqyv3ezfSuJvAEP2PcDuRtGd1I8Us7NbIGyR32YGA_yUQeLHRbG4a2SUv-9W37k9hBMvHuScmWK7kshL6SlXq-CTB0LnpZiQmNGc0U4i1CO6zNKD3f_NhKBjtBf__oC-qk1kyr0EiHxJo4-1En_s5E=w637-h231-nc

Reunion Photo (best guess):
S Knight,
S Booth,
F Stanton,
T Mooney,
I Thomson,
K Arthurson,
W Springall,
J Gray,
G Thoroughood,
B Walker,
S Martin,
A Thompson,
R Gartner,
I Martin,
G Eadie,
M Krilich (c)

Last edited:
Wonderful picture, Bozo. Obviously some are easy to recognise, but is someone able to name all in the photo, say from left to right?

Pic from last night

L to R Steve Knight, Simon Booth, Frank Stanton, Tom Mooney, Ian Thompson?Arko, Wayne Springall, John Gray, Gary Thoroughgood, Bruce Walker, Steve Martin, Russell Gartner, Alan Thompson, Ian Martin, Wombat, Max Krilich.

Absent Igor - holiday, Ray Branighan/ John Harvey family / illness. John Gibbs was working turned up later.

Manly – B Walker, T Randall, I Martin

(best guess):
S Booth,
J Gibbs,
F Stanton,
T Mooney,
I Thomson,
K Arthurson,
W Springall,
J Gray,
G Thorogood,
S Knight,
S Martin,
A Thompson,
R Gartner,
R Branighan,
G Eadie,
M Krilich (c)
My Guess (and a few really are guesses)
L to R

S Knight/ X /X /X /Ian Thompson/ Arko /Wayne Springall/John Gray/ Ray Branighan/ Goldie Walker/Whiz Martin/ Frog Eyes Gartner/ Allan Thompson/ John Gibbs (if he's found some extra hair!)/Wombat Eadie /Max Krilich

Pic from last night

L to R Steve Knight, Simon Booth, Frank Stanton, Tom Mooney, Ian Thompson?Arko, Wayne Springall, John Gray, Gary Thoroughgood, Bruce Walker, Steve Martin, Russell Gartner, Alan Thompson, Ian Martin, Wombat, Max Krilich.

Absent Igor - holiday, Ray Branighan/ John Harvey family / illness. John Gibbs was working turned up later.
OK just saw your post, I got a few wrong!

Pic from last night

Any word on why no Igor Wheel?

*edit: sorry mate just properly read your post nb. Holiday...

We will remember them
Lest we forget
The Legendary , unforgettable and incomparable gutsy 1978 premiership Manly winning team with Cranky Franky our super coach (who was not a cry baby like Barrett ) and off course our God father Arko who made offers to players that were too good to refuse . Six games in 3 weeks to win the Premiership , never before and never again .
The 1978 winning team never knew the meaning of excuses or adversity . All they knew was how to win against all odds
This is what our true Manly culture stands for and this is why I am a proud Manly supporter
God bless our mighty Sea eagles club !!!

View attachment 9728
Every one of our premierships has a song of the time that reminds me strongly of our win and for this one it's a one hit wonder from the band wha koo and the song is called " you're such a fabulous dancer".
The song contains the line "maybe time will never catch on up to you".
Well looking at the photo it's obvious that it has but it will NEVER catch up to the legend of our greatest ever team.
I hope they know that...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7