1 MORE WEEK!!!

Any trial one predictions?

From Seibs recently sounds like some of the big names wont be there.

Id go

1.Weekes
2.Veaga
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Tuipolutu
6.Schuster
7.Johns
8.Paseka
9.Gordie
10.Aloiai
11.B Trbojevic
12.Tuilagi
13.Fulton

Forwards to rotate loads but Paseka, Aloiai, Sips and Keppie only get about 20 min each with plenty of time for Gordie, Roache, Fainu, Burbo, Condon, Bullemor, Tuilagi, Fulton and Fifita.

In the backs start with the above then after about 30 min go Fletcher Myers and Burbo in the centres.

Give Schuster a good whack, 60 odd minutes...basically rotate him, Johns, Humphries and Latu.

Rest DCE, Garrick, Jake, Croker and Olakau'atu.

Harper with the All Stars and Turbo, Saab, Lawton, Boyle and Tuitavake out injured I think.....

The Sporting News' 2023 NRL ladder predictions​

1. Sydney Roosters
  2. Penrith Panthers
  3. Brisbane Broncos
  4. South Sydney Rabbitohs
  5. North Queensland Cowboys
  6. Cronulla Sharks
  7. Melbourne Storm
  8. Parramatta Eels
  9. Canberra Raiders
  10. Wests Tigers
  11. Canterbury Bulldogs
  12. St George Illawarra Dragons
  13. Manly Sea Eagles
If Seibold can get our squad of players to play to their potential

Then we will exceed the Sporting news prediction ladder

A competent coach is capable of finals play with the calibre of our players

Anything but a top 8 result would be "P Plater" performance

Forwards to rotate loads but Paseka, Aloiai, Sips and Keppie only get about 20 min each with plenty of time for Gordie, Roache, Fainu, Burbo, Condon, Bullemor, Tuilagi, Fulton and Fifita.

In the backs start with the above then after about 30 min go Fletcher Myers and Burbo in the centres.

Give Schuster a good whack, 60 odd minutes...basically rotate him, Johns, Humphries and Latu.

Harper with the All Stars and Turbo, Saab, Lawton, Boyle and Tuitavake out injured I think.....
Good ideas there

Any trial one predictions?

From Seibs recently sounds like some of the big names wont be there.

Id go

1.Weekes
2.Veaga
3.Parker
4.Koula
5.Tuipolutu
6.Schuster
7.Johns
8.Paseka
9.Gordie
10.Aloiai
11.B Trbojevic
12.Tuilagi
13.Fulton

I would be surprised if anyone that played in World Cup would play the first trial and I thought Aloiai was still injured?

This year will be as close to the spoon as we have ever been. Maybe even closer.
Ah @Jerry1 ............every time I see your avatar the following pops into my head:

The Sweeney's doing 90 'cause they've got the word to go
To get a gang of villains in a shed up at Heathrow

The season hasn't started yet; we can't be thinking about the spoon, or we'll have to send the lads around to sort it out...... ;)

I think too many better teams above us this year,not spoon contenders.
But not top eight either.
Hope I'm completely off the mark though !!

I think too many better teams above us this year,not spoon contenders.
But not top eight either.
Hope I'm completely off the mark though !!
I dont know @robbiea I think we will finish top eight this season. A lot of people are writing off our forwards, but I can see Condon, Tuilagi and Bullemore all stepping up for us this year. Go Manly.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people have recency bias.

They cant break out of the last 7 weeks and how awful we were.

But we are not that team. The Jersey drama, no Turbo, a stack of injuries and a stale gameplan all contributed.

We wre very much looking to be headed to the top 8 before that and we were top 4 the year before.

I think the eight should be the expectation and I for one will count the season as a failure if we aren't playing finals footy

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2