Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jamie is not a lock. I'd prefer to leave him at centre but he can play in the halves if needed. He is level headed and is the teams leader. Is it such a bad idea to get the ball in his hand more often in the halves?
He is the best centre (or one of to be diplomatic) in the game. Don't rob peter to pay paul! He's getting older I don't want him making 30+ tackles a game. He's a centre I don't think his body could hold up to it.

I just have never rated him for the money he has been on. He's a Wayne favorite. He's like a poor mans choc. As in he doesn't have the attack he just has mongrel. Yet he's paid like Choc.

He's like mick ennis and Ben creagh combined. He has the ball running and attack of Ben creagh with the mongrel of ennis and paid like an origin second rower. Thoroughly average. And he's 30.

Ps if the dragons are bidding im not bidding against them. They're desperate and stupid

Sika Manu is a better, cheaper option that adds starch and can take hit ups
We shall agree to disagree Mr Luker; however, one thing I do agree with is that throwing big dollars at him is not the way to go.

Still think (keep it smallish - dont go O/S for a 1/2 back etc). I also think this team challenges for the finals:-

1. Clinton Gutherson (has to re-sign - hopefully 4 years)
2. Tom Burgess (Give him a 3 year deal)
3. Kane Elgey (give him a 2 year bridge deal)
4. Darcy Lussick (give him 3 year, bring him home)

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Kane Elgey OR Todd Carney
08. Tom Burgess
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jake Trbojevic
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Luke Burgess
17. Dunamis Lui

18. Josh Starling
19. Jesse Sene-lefao
20. Ligi Sao
21. Tom Trbojevic
22. Chase Blair
23. Blake Leary
24. Tyson Andrews
25. Half Support player

Still think (keep it smallish - dont go O/S for a 1/2 back etc). I also think this team challenges for the finals:-

1. Clinton Gutherson (has to re-sign - hopefully 4 years)
2. Tom Burgess (Give him a 3 year deal)
3. Kane Elgey (give him a 2 year bridge deal)
4. Darcy Lussick (give him 3 year, bring him home)

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Kane Elgey OR Todd Carney
08. Tom Burgess
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jake Trbojevic
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Luke Burgess
17. Dunamis Lui

18. Josh Starling
19. Jesse Sene-lefao
20. Ligi Sao
21. Tom Trbojevic
22. Chase Blair
23. Blake Leary
24. Tyson Andrews
25. Half Support player
IMO lussick isn't a starting front rower. Hasn't improved since going to doesntmatta

I

I don't mind your thinking tagmonster. I definitely think we shouldn't get into any panic buying. Elgey keeps getting mentioned but is he that much better than our reserves or 20s? There are 30 other u/20s halves out there. Which is the next Dce? He didn't shine as bright as some as a youngen' remember.

Drinkwater is out there somewhere, he suffered from being rushed into 1st grade at the dud saints. Joey lussick may be worth revisiting. The trick is not to panic.

Is that Josh Drinkwater that you are talking about? If so, he is the halfback and captain of the Wests Tigers NSW Cup team.
I notice that there is also a Scott Drinkwater playing for the Central Coast Centurions in the SG Ball competition and he is also a halfback. Brothers?

Is that Josh Drinkwater that you are talking about? If so, he is the halfback and captain of the Wests Tigers NSW Cup team.
I notice that there is also a Scott Drinkwater playing for the Central Coast Centurions in the SG Ball competition and he is also a halfback. Brothers?
Let's call him Eatfood

If we sign anyone, it should definitely be done within the club. No car park signatures!

Orrrr....maybe that's not a bad idea. We target a player, let's say, Cherry-Evans for arguments sake. We get a young kid to line up with all the other kids after the game tonight when Cherry is just about stuffed from the inevitable big win and the MOM performance he's no doubt going to give. *cough*

Instead of an autograph book, we give the kid the last page of a contract for 5 years @ 400k a year, carefully folded into the shape of an autograph book. Hey Presto! Problem solved....happy days!

If we sign anyone, it should definitely be done within the club. No car park signatures!

Orrrr....maybe that's not a bad idea. We target a player, let's say, Cherry-Evans for arguments sake. We get a young kid to line up with all the other kids after the game tonight when Cherry is just about stuffed from the inevitable big win and the MOM performance he's no doubt going to give. *cough*

Instead of an autograph book, we give the kid the last page of a contract for 5 years @ 400k a year, carefully folded into the shape of an autograph book. Hey Presto! Problem solved....happy days!

Never mention the word "Orrrr" and Manly contract negotiations again!

I would deffinately like us to go after Tom burgess. He would really add some size to our pack. As for our halves, I really think we need to buy atleast one experienced half. I wouldn't mind having a Todd carney/elgey combination or Maloney if he hasn't signed with roosters yet?
We should be able to go buy another two forwards or one good one with the rest of the money. Sam kasiano, klemmer?
What do you guys think?

I have said it before put a new offer on table for DCE in hope of a miricale than put Jamie lyon to 5/8 and buy a quality centre being hopa/gagai & a prop of course.

We've all been guilty of starting threads that probably don't need to be started, but it does seem to be getting a little out of hand. I would say that it's not really such a big deal, but it does make using the site a little more difficult, and it means that a lot of the worthwhile threads find themselves banished to page 2 quicker than they probably need to be.

Recent threads on this topic have been merged into this thread.

are-you-stuck-in-an-infinite-loop-funny-picture-12986.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8