Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think potentially move Jamie into 5/8 M. Rudolph into half and Hiku into centre might work.

I think Rudolph has shown good potential. Give him more time with Johns.

Is this the answer to 5/8?

Give Hiku the 6 jersey, play him there tackle 1-4 then for the 5th especially close to the line swap him with Killer who has probably the best weighted grubber in the team. Then we get the benefit of Hiku attacking the line but Killers short kicking game and now we just have to find a 7. Hiku's wing spot goes to Jorge or Gutho.

Last edited:
Sign Carney to play at half. Play Hiku at 5/8. Sign G. Burgess to play with Trbojevic in the front. Resign Mason for leadership and short impact minutes off the bench. Backline is sorted already.

What about Ben Kennedy?
Never saw a game of Northern Eagles, but my understanding is he was a forward with shoulder problems.

Not a pivot with knee problems like Hodko is.

With the way recruitment has gone this year, we are in the dark as Fans.o_O

Today's news is carrying a story that Beau Scott has a 'get a clause' and wants to move back to Sydney. Now he is the type of mongrel we need to get the forwards moving @:cool:

Never saw a game of Northern Eagles, but my understanding is he was a forward with shoulder problems.

Today's news is carrying a story that Beau Scott has a 'get a clause' and wants to move back to Sydney. Now he is the type of mongrel we need to get the forwards moving @:cool:
Kennedy never played for Northern Eagles

Kennedy started the decade of dominance and basically set out young pack on their way. One of the most pivotal signings of the modern era IMO

Beau Scott would be a brilliant addition.

Along the lines of Kennedy I reckon & someone who adds toughness & leadership.

Big yes from me!

Kennedy never played for Northern Eagles
OK
I left with Cliffy after Manly lost the SL War and returned in 2008 upon my retirement. So missed the whole NE/rebuilding #crisis

If BK helped back then then Manly needs another hard head from the Knights - BS maybe

I think potentially move Jamie into 5/8 M. Rudolph into half and Hiku into centre might work.

I think Rudolph has shown good potential. Give him more time with Johns.
I hate this talk of moving Jamie to 5/8. Why weaken a strong position and shorten his career by making him make double the tackles!

Hiku to 5/8 I can understand but he needs a mature (mature head) half to partner with. Someone that has a good kicking game especially a long kicking game. Neither lyon or hiku has a good kicking game and you can't just coach it overnight.

As for your comments that their is no one worth buying right now there are plenty of players we should be looking seriously at. Tamou is out of form and the cowgirls don't really have the cap to re-sign him (could prob get a slight discount cause of the form). Napa is also off contract. So is tom burgess. All forwards that are upgrades on people we have.

We need to enter the market for some forwards because with a good dummy half and a great forward pack even with average halves our backline can score tries given field position!

@Chief's Eagle
MjAxMi1lOGQ3ZWQ2MTMyYmUwNGRk.png

i think we already have a couple good props when fit, so we only need to sign one key prop and for me thats T.Burgess. In a dream, signing Klemmer would be great but would be hard. Tamou is being shopped around too, i see him as a second option to t burgess. A Half (maybe two if jimmy maloney wants to leave), a prop and a second rower and we're back in business.
Tom Burgess
Kane Elgey
Beau Scott / Brad Takairangi
mose masoe on the cheap would be good, but we already have lawrence, trbojevic, sene lefao and starling who are all definitely good enough.

1 B Stewart
2 J Taufua
3 J Lyon
4 Matai
5 Hiku
6 Maloney (550k)
7 Elgey (250k)
8 T.Burgess (400k)
9 Ballin
10 Lawrence
11 Buhrer
12 Takairangi (300k) or R.James (450k) and unlikely
13 Mateo

14 Lui
15 Sene Lefao
16 J.Trbojevic
17 Symonds

18 Starling
19 L.Burgess
20 Hodges
21 Gutho
22 Sao
23 Littlejohn
24 T.Trbojevic
How bout we actually go for hypotheticals that are possible. Takairangi is a centre at parra. Ryan james is under contract till the end of 2017. T burgess will be more than 400k.

I think there's a lot of harsh comments on Hodkinson. I don't think he's Joey Johns or Thurston, but he'd do a job for us. And I thought he did fairly well in 2010. Plus at the dogs de$ has suited their style of play around some big skillful forwards, smart move (for a knob), and I think it takes a certain type of half to sit behind them and not let his ego get in the way.

Would that suit us? Don't know. But I wouldn't write him off.

I do think 3 signings though is about right, and that is 1 half and 2 quality forwards. I keep saying this but I'd go after Luke Brooks as the half and David Klemmer in the forwards (ok we might not have a chance but those 2 are my choices) and then a real terrifying backrower that runs hard and can pass when needed. Is it Gavet or Taupau at the Tigers? Someone like that.
brooks is under contract until the end of 2017. Klemmer resigned last year until the end of 2016. Matie tapau I rate but is signed until the end of 2016. Gavet just signed with the broncos and is average at best.

I'd take Sam lisone, Kane elegy, Lachlan Coote, tom burgess
we don't need another fullback (coote) we have two, snake and tom. lisone is signed to the end of 2016

G. Burgess and T Carney at the right price. Done. No more unless its promising youth at the right price.
G burgess is under contract until the end of 2016.

BK played in 2005-2006. Truly inspirational and led the maroon and white resurgence. Brought the passion back. Despite only two seasons I look at him as a club great!!!
Beau Scott would be a brilliant addition.

Along the lines of Kennedy I reckon & someone who adds toughness & leadership.

Big yes from me!
Beau scott shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as BK. Average second rower rode the coat tails of bennett to state of origin. Never done anything of football value at origin level. Just a niggler not a game winner.
OK
I left with Cliffy after Manly lost the SL War and returned in 2008 upon my retirement. So missed the whole NE/rebuilding #crisis

If BK helped back then then Manly needs another hard head from the Knights - BS maybe
Pass for above ^ reason

How bout we actually go for hypotheticals that are possible. Takairangi is a centre at parra. Ryan james is under contract till the end of 2017. T burgess will be more than 400k.

brooks is under contract until the end of 2017. Klemmer resigned last year until the end of 2016. Matie tapau I rate but is signed until the end of 2016. Gavet just signed with the broncos and is average at best.

we don't need another fullback (coote) we have two, snake and tom. lisone is signed to the end of 2016

G burgess is under contract until the end of 2016.

BK played in 2005-2006. Truly inspirational and led the maroon and white resurgence. Brought the passion back. Despite only two seasons I look at him as a club great!!!

Beau scott shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as BK. Average second rower rode the coat tails of bennett to state of origin. Never done anything of football value at origin level. Just a niggler not a game winner.

Pass for above ^ reason
takairangi can play second row and he has a lot, if anything its his prefered position. Standing at 194cm and 108kg hes a massive centre, and is off contract. Him or Beau Scott for second row i think at manly.
People forget how we turn average players into very very good players, or good players into great players..
And yeh, tom burgess will cost more than 400k but does it matter? we'll have a good 1.5m to spend at the least

takairangi can play second row and he has a lot, if anything its his prefered position. Standing at 194cm and 108kg hes a massive centre. Him or Beau Scott for second row i think at manly.
People forget how we turn average players into very very good players, or good players into great players..
And yeh, tom burgess will cost more than 400k but does it matter? we'll have a good 1.5m to spend at the least
beau scott is under contract until the end of 2017..............and he's rubbish

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2