We have shown we can handle injuries to the backline but....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
Chee Kam,Jake,Sao,Hasson all play reserves and from my mail they get steamrolled every week.throw in Gutherson in the backs.Their points against is absolutely atrocious...floggings start with the pack not turning up.
I don't see the games but it doesn't make sense.Can any of the regulars NSW Cup watchers fill me in on how a team with so much so called potential in the pack gets slaughtered every week.

I have been a big critic of Tooves not giving our 17th man a run for more than 5 minutes.Maybe I can see why now.

Hassan was rubbish when he came on. No passion either, and that's sad given he showed some last year.

NYEagle said:
susan said:
Chee Kam,Jake,Sao,Hasson all play reserves and from my mail they get steamrolled every week.throw in Gutherson in the backs.Their points against is absolutely atrocious...floggings start with the pack not turning up.
I don't see the games but it doesn't make sense.Can any of the regulars NSW Cup watchers fill me in on how a team with so much so called potential in the pack gets slaughtered every week.

I have been a big critic of Tooves not giving our 17th man a run for more than 5 minutes.Maybe I can see why now.

Hassan was rubbish when he came on. No passion either, and that's sad given he showed some last year.

Like I say, the forwards have hibernated under Steve Georgallis. Same as what they used to under Steve Roach through the dark times.

Never know, maybe it was Brad Arthur that kept our troops firing, like he has appeared to do in Parramatta. Hell, even David Gower has lifted for them over there.

I'd prefer Gower to Starling. Daniel Heckenberg's only 34. Bring him back to replace Starling.

yep Starling and Hasson are a mystery to me.People lined up to wrap Hasson for some reason.If he is a first grader I am a good sort. All that carry on about Starling making that covering tackle made me shake my head a little.Great effort but it is not what he is paid for.I suppose it is a question of no alternatives but what does that say about Sao,Jake etc.

Having said that our recruitment people have been amazing and deserve huge accolades so a guy like Sao may come good.

ps agree entirely re Gower v Starling.Didnt get a chance really as our front rowers stayed fit all year and Tooves was loathe to use anyone other than Kitey bj and George.

We only had 5 guys turn up today and 4 of them were in the pack. Ballin, JSL and Lui did ok, King was good until injured.

Sure we are weaker up front and we always would struggle with a few missing there but DCE looked a bigger loss today.

Foz looked desperate and was straight into catch up footy after 10 minutes, Lyon and Stewart were just awful. Ballin also showed a lack of trust in the first 20 minutes, I thought Littlejohn wasn't playing as he didn't touch the ball. This sounds more coach like to me..

but pretty much across the park it was just bad no matter which way you looked at it.

I think we have the roster up front post gift and choc, I agree with some of you guys that are saying its an attitude problem.

We seem to really lack aggression up front, and that is hurting us. When our backs are against the wall we really need that fire.

King seems to bring that aggression when he comes on and they need to engraving that back into our club.

Ryan said:
source said to me before season kicked off , Manly will struggle this year in the forwards , i didnt believe him but throughout the season there are weak signs.

also it was all crap Aaron woods was going to join Manly , it was never going to happen.

I cant blame Steve Georgallis , you can only row the boat with the oars you are given.

I guess Brad Arthur has some part in the difference in forward performance.

Of course, you win some you lose some and today's game was rightfully identified by many here as one of those typical Manly danger games.

I'm expecting a much improved performance against the dogs.

Fluffy said:
We only had 5 guys turn up today and 4 of them were in the pack. Ballin, JSL and Lui did ok, King was good until injured.

Sure we are weaker up front and we always would struggle with a few missing there but DCE looked a bigger loss today.

Foz looked desperate and was straight into catch up footy after 10 minutes, Lyon and Stewart were just awful. Ballin also showed a lack of trust in the first 20 minutes, I thought Littlejohn wasn't playing as he didn't touch the ball. This sounds more coach like to me..

but pretty much across the park it was just bad no matter which way you looked at it.

Foz was our best by a country mile. Don't understand your bagging of his performance.
Of course he's going to play catch up when they're down by 20...
What do you want him to do??
Forwards were getting dominated, we had very little ball, of course when we do get some possession he's going to chase points.
I would be disappointed if he wasn't trying things,as nearly everyone else didn't look like they wanted to be out there..

the mauler said:
Fluffy said:

Foz was our best by a country mile. Don't understand your bagging of his performance.
Forwards were getting dominated, we had very little ball, of course when we do get some possession he's going to chase points.
I would be disappointed if he wasn't trying things,as nearly everyone else didn't look like they wanted to be out there..

I expect him to direct the play and get us going down field. We were hardly getting dominated in attack when on only or 2nd or 3rd set at 10 nil down he tried a high risk set play off the scrum which resulted in our first turnover.

Prior to that we were struggling to get any possession and had spent about 3/4 of the match defending. The absolute worst thing to do was cough up the ball and we did that on the back of Foran's dumb call.

That is my gripe, he is paid to be the thinker, today it looked like he was just relying on skill.

Fluffy said:
the mauler said:
Fluffy said:

I expect him to direct the play and get us going down field. We were hardly getting dominated in attack when on only or 2nd or 3rd set at 10 nil down he tried a high risk set play off the scrum which resulted in our first turnover.

Prior to that we were struggling to get any possession and had spent about 3/4 of the match defending. The absolute worst thing to do was cough up the ball and we did that on the back of Foran's dumb call.

That is my gripe, he is paid to be the thinker, today it looked like he was just relying on skill.

You've got to be kidding!!
Matai dropped the ball trying an inside pass to Snake...
How the hell is that Kieran's fault?? Lol...

susan said:
ps after today anyone who doubts DCE s value is crazy and those who talk about resting players who aren't totally 100% to save them for the end of the year are delusional.We have 13 extremely good players and not much else.

I haven't read about anyone doubting the value of DCE to our footy club. There are many on here saying we should pay him whatever he wants e.g. $1m a season. I wouldn't go that far (I don't want us becoming the next NQ Cowboys) but I think an upgrade to around $700-$800K would represent fair value.

Why does Horo escape any criticism? He provides nothing to this side. **** in attack. He actually never passes and isn't quick at all. So he makes very little metres. For 60 min plus player. Does not offer much. I would start Buhrer with Gift and Watmough at full strength.

the mauler said:
Fluffy said:
the mauler said:
Fluffy said:

You've got to be kidding!!
Matai dropped the ball trying an inside pass to Snake...
How the hell is that Kieran's fault?? Lol...

because it was a set play that he called and the ball to Matai should not have been thrown.. The do practice a little more than just passing to the guy next to you and running if you feel like it, its not under 10's

KaZa said:
Why does Horo escape any criticism? He provides nothing to this side. ... in attack. He actually never passes and isn't quick at all. So he makes very little metres. For 60 min plus player. Does not offer much. I would start Buhrer with Gift and Watmough at full strength.

without Horo our left side attack is dead. He is the one who runs great lines, usually as a decoy (getting smashed for his troubles) when we score on the left, which has been a lot this year. His defence is very good to.

My guess as well is that he is by far the cheapest of our starting backrowerss and probably behind Buhrer as well so I expect him to play good footy not to be best on paddock.

Sounds like I didn't miss much by skipping this game after seeing the score. I seem to recall these situations every season and the panic that goes with it. Lets hope we come good.

KaZa said:
Why does Horo escape any criticism? He provides nothing to this side. ... in attack. He actually never passes and isn't quick at all. So he makes very little metres. For 60 min plus player. Does not offer much. I would start Buhrer with Gift and Watmough at full strength.

I agree he had to step up today and lead but it was awful. Really disappointing to see his lack of involvement.

And for those pining for Brad Arthur and even David Gower, the Eels were touched up equally on Friday night, and have been thumped more than us this year!

At least utilize logic when you dismantle the club...

The forwards don't lack heart or ability, just experience, and they got some today.
Little things went the Broncos way early and they grew in confidence, while our team didn't react to adversity the way they usually do.
But seriously, seeing we lost several 1000 games NRL experience from last year we are going to cop the odd belting if Gift, Choc & King aren't there. (Did King last more than 10 minutes today?)

6/71 said:
I guess Brad Arthur has some part in the difference in forward performance.
The forward pack Arthur had to work with last year included totally different personnel to what we had today.

KaZa said:

i agree Kaza , i dont see anything special in Horo , i never have ( sorry )

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8