We have shown we can handle injuries to the backline but....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Horo has been average all year.
Offers zero in attack, and has been dropping a lot of ball this year as well.
Very disappointing.
Just a pity Chee Kam hasn't come on as expected, I'm sure the club had plans for him to be one of our edge forwards when they signed him.

Eagles2nv said:
King seems to bring that aggression when he comes on and they need to engraving that back into our club.

Pretty much everything has been covered and discussed. But I have to say the amount of times I saw the No.17 charging into the fray was one of the few highlights of today (the other was me throwing the empty 1/4 chicken and chips box at the dickhead in the Broncos horse costume...Ohh yeah I got him good....the wins were far and wide today....:shy:

wombatgc said:
Eagles2nv said:
King seems to bring that aggression when he comes on and they need to engraving that back into our club.

Pretty much everything has been covered and discussed. But I have to say the amount of times I saw the No.17 charging into the fray was one of the few highlights of today (the other was me throwing the empty 1/4 chicken and chips box at the dickhead in the Broncos horse costume...Ohh yeah I got him good....the wins were far and wide today.. :shy:)

At least it was an empty box and not full XXXX cans LOL. . Couldn't believe how many bogans were there today. I think Gal was right with his 2 head comments sheesh. My one game of the year I get to see live and they throw up that garbage. God it's a long ****ty train trip back to the coast after a loss and always busting for a piss about half way too.

RiverEagle said:
And for those pining for Brad Arthur and even David Gower, the Eels were touched up equally on Friday night, and have been thumped more than us this year!

At least utilize logic when you dismantle the club...

The eels got the wooden spoon last year,we made the GF and should have won it.We beat them with a last minute try at home.We sit on 16 ,they sit on 14.Dont necessarily disagree with you but your argument sure isn't based around logic.

susan said:
RiverEagle said:
And for those pining for Brad Arthur and even David Gower, the Eels were touched up equally on Friday night, and have been thumped more than us this year!

At least utilize logic when you dismantle the club...

The eels got the wooden spoon last year,we made the GF and should have one it.We beat them with a last minute try at home.We sit on 16 ,they sit on 14.Dont necessarily disagree with you but your argument sure isn't based around logic.

They got the spoon last year, so on probability alone they had to improve.

They got trounced by the same margin we did on the weekend; have less premiership points and a worse points differential than us...

On every stat, logically speaking we are still better off than them.

I can't even believe I'm required to point out who has the better team!

Parra added WHoppa, Peats and Arthur himself...all quality and have made a big difference. (Although losing Peats will hurt them).

And we lost massively in the engine room, and experience-wise up front.

We're not even halfway through the comp yet though, and I'll guarantee you Parramatta won't make the 8.

And anyone that thinks Gower would've made any difference in our 17 in Brisbane yesterday is not just illogical, they're delusional.

Saying Gower would have made a difference is silly.Suggesting they are a a better side than us is also silly.Having played in the GF last year with a similar roster this year its not Sherlock Holmes stuff and that is clearly not my point.You would certainly hope we are better than last years wooden spooners,not exactly a major hurdle!

The main point I am making is about the coach.No one is suggesting he leaving is the reason for a few inept performances on our behalf but to underestimate a coach who has taken a wooden spoon team to top 4 in the first 12 weeks with a Board who is crazier than ours and a recent history like theirs is just as silly. They also play a very attractive brand of football.Ask the players,dont worry about what I think.He is rated as a very good league mind.

And if you want to back us to beat the eels at Parra stadium in a few weeks with Hayne playing you are quite welcome. I am a punter and I wont be taking the unders on us that day.We may win but I would be very very worried.9 in a row I think it is now at home with plenty of floggings in there.

If you'd followed even a few trains of thought, of mine here, regarding Arthur, you would know I rate him as a coach and have praised him for what he's done over there.

If you think having him still with us, and sitting with Tooves yesterday, would've made a difference ...maybe so. Even that's a long bow to draw in my eyes.

Just like us without Choc, Cherry and Gift you saw what difference no Hayne for Parra made.

You even argued all week we'd struggle big-time yesterday, missing those three.

You were basically pointing out to keep the performance in context; same as I have...esp in the last 18 frantic hours...

Now it's panic stations and it's because we lost Brad Arthur??

Pick a side Susan.

Everything has been said except Broncos did good, played strong.

I had my worries when they dropped a ball and scored a try, It was going to be their night.

Credit to the two-heads, they were on their game and we were off ours.

EVERY SINGLE post I have made since the game relates to not getting carried away with the loss.

You raised Arthur, not me.. I was simply pointing out he is a good coach and any loss of quality people doesn't help an organisation. Our defence last year was great.Is he the reason it has slipped. Honestly don't know.May be part of the reason. Make of it what you will.To be honest I couldn't give a toss as he is now Parramatta coach.Still,I may be wrong...I tend to make a lot of mistakes when I'm in a state of extreme panic:)

Losing Brent Kite, George Rose, Ritchie Fa'aoso, and the injury to Gifty, have all been more significant than Arthur going to Parramatta. Craig Bellamy could have been the assistant yesterday and it would have made no difference.

susan said:
EVERY SINGLE post I have made since the game relates to not getting carried away with the loss.

You raised Arthur, not me.. I was simply pointing out he is a good coach and any loss of quality people doesn't help an organisation. Our defence last year was great.Is he the reason it has slipped. Honestly don't know.May be part of the reason. Make of it what you will.To be honest I couldn't give a toss as he is now Parramatta coach.Still,I may be wrong...I tend to make a lot of mistakes when I'm in a state of extreme panic:)

No, Ryan raised the issue of Brad Arthur, and David Gower; and you agreed with him.

You even stated you'd prefer Gower over Starling, more than once. Not to mention basically putting a red-line through most of our forwards, and ALL our NSW Cup players...even though you've never seen their games...

If this isn't over-reacting to one poor performance, I'm a good sort too.

Gower is very average which is why he was let go.

He has played 28 games of first grade at the age of 28; hardly a fix for our lack of mongrel in the forwards.

Jatz Crackers said:
Snake said:
Craig Bellamy could have been the assistant yesterday and it would have made no difference.

It would have to me & it would have to 2V.

{{{{{Shudder}}}}}}}

we got completely outplayed, and guess what...so did Bellamy's team minus origin stars on Saturday night. I was just using him as an example, but to suggest that he is infallible is perplexing given the context of the point I was trying to make...anyway.

Shoe1 said:
Brooke said:
Where is the Kiwi international prop we were getting from ESL? Does anyone know?

On the bench for Nsw cup, luiaki

Thanks for that Shoe1. So I assume he is not ready for NRL???
What a shame Faaso had to retire early.

You dont comprehend well do you mate.

I think Arthur is a good coach.Simple.If that causes you a problem then my heartfelt apologies.Couldnt care less about him as he is not with us anymore so it is irrelevant.

Contrary to your blither I actually asked if anyone who watches the nsw cup games could enlighten me as their for and against and competetiveness is an absolute joke.All the good players i have seen compete,regardless of what tier they play and it just seems odd that all these guys play and we get smashed every week even though a good performance may mean a start in first grade given our weak bench.Have a look at the top NSW Cup sides-they have good personel on paper and perform as such.We look like getting the spoon despite looking good on paper..Reasonable to question their quality I would think.I also stated as a caveat that i have great confidence in our recruitment guys who are the best.

Gower is twice the player Starling is which means very little as Starling is very ordinary and Gower being present would have no real effect on our side if he was still with us.IF OUR TOP 13 DONT PLAY WE WONT WIN THE COMP.

Read my posts..Every single one says i think we are in this up to our eyeballs with luck with injuries.I rate Tooves and always have.I also rate this incredible core playing group we have and what they have achieved.The cap ALWAYS means that fringe players will decrease in quality over time and that is what we face now.should that be a surprise to anyone?NO.

If you want to convince yourself that I am an overreacting panic merchant be my guest....your opinion is just like mine ...it means nothing.Love what these guys have achieved and say so regularly.Few tough times ahead but they will rise to the occasion...they always do.

Alan said:
Nothing personal, but I'm backing @Susan to be a better sort than you River.

lol, susan is actually a male poster!

not that there's anything wrong with that Alan!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4