We have shown we can handle injuries to the backline but....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
the forwards are a different story.

This is probably the first time this year we have had two stars(Choc and Glen) out and I thought there was a risk of this happening(not to this extent of course).Without those two our pack consists of three topliners in Lawrence,Ballin and Buhrer, a solid first grader in Horo,a couple with possible potential like Lui and JSL and the rest are quite simply absolute plodders.Hasson and Starling are reserve graders.The real quandary is TRED,not sure what is going on there.I have always thought our bench is close to the weakest in the league and today probably affirmed that.

Overall I don't think this flogging changes much.With our first thirteen fit and firing we can win the comp.If they are not we cant,and in fact if Choc and Glen were out long term we wont even figure.I think deep down everyone knows that so getting carried away with a loss like this is silly.

This is a really close comp and anything can happen.The Dogs pack will probably eat us alive next week if Choc doesn't play or is not close to 100% fit so 16 points puts us in the pack.Time for the good old Manly spirit- still in it up to our eyeballs if injuries go our way.

ps after today anyone who doubts DCE s value is crazy and those who talk about resting players who aren't totally 100% to save them for the end of the year are delusional.We have 13 extremely good players and not much else.

Time for Jake and Sao to come into first grade as they cannot be any worse than starling and hasson.

I wonder if players have also lost their passion since losing gifty?

Our recruitment team needs to find a Glenn Stewart type player for 2015 and beyond or we have to change the way we play.

It's that simple.

Disagree. We have depth. We just lack heart effort and attitude. We also lack a solid game plan. Relying on individual class every game is great, but sometimes injuries cruel that, and you need a game plan to suit.

Toovey loves Starling ... why is beyond me. He is a plodder at best and far far off most teams starting props.

This is all attitude, and with players suggesting moves to Parra, player mutinies, player disharmony and ****, its no wonder we are unraveling.

Toovey needs to take charge and stop all this bs. Thrse players seem to think they are gods unto themselves.

How about pulling their collective heads in and working damn hard consistently like they used to under Hasler.

The unquantifiable elephant in the room question is that most of our first 13 have won 1 or 2 titles....do they want it enough.I normally dismiss stuff like the Gift situation but against the backdrop of fantastic success these guys have already had it is probably extremely important.

I think the same question is being asked at Bondi right now and they have only won one.

Ryan I know you are upset mate but if you think we have forward depth after watching the 12 rounds this year I think you need a stiff scotch. I thought we may have been ok in the pig depth department at the start of the year but no more....no injuries at the back end is our hope.

Well, apart from the players themselves susan, who's job is it to get the collective attitude and game plan right?

Like I say, they are pro athletes. If they lose that hunger and spark (for ANY reason) then Toovey needs to wield the axe...hes too buddy buddy with his homies.

Its leadimg to complacency and a **** attitude (which also relates to off field issues) like these mutiny claims from Choc and Matai.

Perry needs to do something as well. Just feels like the foundations are coming apart.

It is a case of cattle Ryan.We handle star playmakers out far better than most..look at Parra.Storm.Cowboys BUT unlike most sides we have plodders in the pigs when injury hits.Most sides can handle backrowers being sidelined but to us it is a killer and it was tested for the first time this year today.

Hasson,Starling,Kingy at his age don't cut it and for all this talk about superstars in the seconds they get flogged every week.Logic tells me they are not that good if they get steamrolled ad nauseum.

Hang in there mate.We are due for some injury luck and if we get it we are a fighting chance.

susan said:

With our first thirteen fit and firing we can win the comp.If they are not we cant,and in fact if Choc and Glen were out long term we wont even figure.I think deep down everyone knows that so getting carried away with a loss like this is silly.
We have 13 extremely good players and not much else.
Glenn is going to be out long term Really long.
And he's still on crutches now !

I think we can handle that if Choc plays.Choc,Ferris and Horo have shown they can get the job done and 2 play 80 minutes regularly.One more major injury to those three and it is curtains but if not then we are in it for sure.

Todays bad performance was not all due the fact we were missing players, it was all about attitude. We have some key players out of form and as a team our attitude stinks. The game against the Knights rang alarm bells for me and they were confirmed today. I think the whole Gift situation is affecting the team, Manly have been great at ignoring the boardroom issues but the Gift situation is clearly taking its toll.

susan said:

This is probably the first time this year we have had two stars(Choc and Glen) out and I thought there was a risk of this happening(not to this extent of course).Without those two our pack consists of three topliners in Lawrence,Ballin and Buhrer, a solid first grader in Horo,a couple with possible potential like Lui and JSL and the rest are quite simply absolute plodders.Hasson and Starling are reserve graders.The real quandary is TRED,not sure what is going on there.I have always thought our bench is close to the weakest in the league and today probably affirmed that.

Overall I don't think this flogging changes much.With our first thirteen fit and firing we can win the comp.If they are not we cant,and in fact if Choc and Glen were out long term we wont even figure.I think deep down everyone knows that so getting carried away with a loss like this is silly.

This is a really close comp and anything can happen.The Dogs pack will probably eat us alive next week if Choc doesn't play or is not close to 100% fit so 16 points puts us in the pack.Time for the good old Manly spirit- still in it up to our eyeballs if injuries go our way.

ps after today anyone who doubts DCE s value is crazy and those who talk about resting players who aren't totally 100% to save them for the end of the year are delusional.We have 13 extremely good players and not much else.

Hi Susan

I guess reading that you assessed this game pretty much exactly as I did makes me feel I'm pretty on the mark.

NYEagle

I also disagree. In recent games the backs respect for the ball has been abysmal. In particular Brett Stewart who is playing in a dinner suite. It's pretty hard for the forwards when you get the the 30th minute and need the forwards to provide impact but they are busted after having to defend for most of the game. . I honestly cringe when Brett gets the ball lately. He is a great....no doubt , but is playing a very timid game full of hope.

Jake is injured as far as I heard.

Glenn not due back till rd 15, but then he needs his condition to reset

Sid is mooted as a 4 week injury, but he will play SOO #2 with Cronk out, potentially injuring his knee further

Choc' s torn bicep seems to be a long term recovery, to the point of season ending. But he has other ideas.

Really with Killer and Foz back, we have more playmakers than most.
Its the fowards who have to step up and break the line and stop the opposition offloads. :cool:

kind saying Horo is a solid 1st grader. Buhrer, Gifty and Choc when possible for the rest of the year thanks.

Chee Kam,Jake,Sao,Hasson all play reserves and from my mail they get steamrolled every week.throw in Gutherson in the backs.Their points against is absolutely atrocious...floggings start with the pack not turning up.
I don't see the games but it doesn't make sense.Can any of the regulars NSW Cup watchers fill me in on how a team with so much so called potential in the pack gets slaughtered every week.

I have been a big critic of Tooves not giving our 17th man a run for more than 5 minutes.Maybe I can see why now.

mickqld said:
Where's Jake T he didn't play yesterday.

He's out with an ankle injury. Didnt see him yesterday but last Saturday at the NSW Cup game he was getting around in a moon boot so not too sure how bad it is....

susan said:
Chee Kam,Jake,Sao,Hasson all play reserves and from my mail they get steamrolled every week.throw in Gutherson in the backs.Their points against is absolutely atrocious...floggings start with the pack not turning up.
I don't see the games but it doesn't make sense.Can any of the regulars NSW Cup watchers fill me in on how a team with so much so called potential in the pack gets slaughtered every week.

I have been a big critic of Tooves not giving our 17th man a run for more than 5 minutes.Maybe I can see why now.

We should never have allowed Lussick, JWH and others to go. Our forwards are all small and soft.

Lawrence is ok.
Starling is dreadful.
Watmough is awesome.
Horo was great year one, invisible this year
Stewart has caused many problems for us both on and off the park
Buhrer is pretty good (not great)
King is slow, lumbering and ineffective
Symonds has been brilliant at times, but has been ordinary with us
Hasson, Lui and JSL are appropriately fill ins

Steve Georgallis has done a completely terrible job in our forwards, who frankly, have all taken a step back this season, and I mean ALL under his "guidance". No wonder his last team let him walk.

One things for sure, Starling is a plodder.
If King is fit he must start, if Jake is fit he should get a start on the bench ahead of Starling and Haason.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7