Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dear holier than thou dribblers .... I am very pleased that you have been able to live a life totally free from any drama or turmoil ... that your personal relationships have been devoid of any intense passion or heated argument ... that you have never felt sufficient frustration or anger that made you stike out an innocent doors .....

An argument with the missus ... 4 month old .... lack of sleep .... routines upset ..... things said in haste ... like your not the father ... ... now that is not a comment intended to calm the situation down .. things get heated ... actions regreted ... or mis-interpreted .. etc ...

Now before the numbnuts start screaming that i am condoning DV ..... I'm not .... but nearly 50% of all mariages end in divorce .. and whilst mine was a harmonious separating ... I would say that a great many involve heated confrontation ..... are all these people .. men AND women grubs? ... are they all to be thrown staright to hell without jobs? ..... can an outsider with only a small part of the picture say one party was completely innocent whilst the other party was completely guilty ....

Are there actions that are unforgivable ... yes .. it may vary from person to person .. but yes ...... but Dylan hasn't gone anywhere near unforgivable for mine .... wrong, stupid. .. but not unforgivable ......

I don't disagree necessarily @Woodsie .... I just don't want him playing for Manly.

I'm not 'holier than thou'

Rugby League as a sport seems to attract a higher proportion of grubs that many other professions (not just other sports). They are entitled to a job..... I just don't want them working for us

But hey, thats just me.

Guys the story is over. The media now pushing the video does nothing positive as usual and what we come to expect from commercial media. sensationalism and titillation but always with their own slant. We know the events happened. We know Walker lost it in a manner that scared his partner. We know he followed her out the door and attempted to grab her and she fell with baby in hand. But the court has decided that this did not constitute the charges made based on the evidence supplied. And personally, having seen a damned lot of DV issues over the years, this was the sort of thing that happens in many homes between partners, and never reaches the courts. Walker may have grabbed her hair, may have pushed her, may have done lots of nasty things. But none of that was proved and all we have is a big man who scared his partner and chased her out the door. We don't even know why he chased her. I would if I felt I had done something wrong and wanted to make amends. We just don't know what was going on in his head. And the evidence doesn't help us to be sure of his motives either.

How can you possibly even consider comparing Walker to Lodge or Barba? Yes he’s a dick but no more than most of us were / are! I suppose you’re an angel & always were! Give the guy a break ffs!

Try reading my post again.

Where exactly did I compare Walker to Lodge and Barba? Please do tell?

I simply said Lodge should never be allowed back again. And that Barba was wiped out on DV charges that never even went to court.

I never said DW should be rubbed out. Just that he's a dick and I would rather see him let go than resigned to this great club due to his off field exploits.

Can I also just check a little point. Seems like to get some credibility round here apparently you need to have been a bit of a dick and got into trouble when young yes??? Is that the case because if it is then I'm ****ed. I've never taken drugs, been arrested, been in a bar fight with 13 bikies, punched a door and broken my hand, given my 'bitch' a good beating or attacked anyone in a drunken rage.
**** I'm boring and out of touch. I'm going to leave now and take up Knitting for knobs and keep my head low.

We don't even know why he chased her.
Yeah we do. She asked if he wanted a fork or a spoon. She obviously ran away before he had a chance to answer and once he saw that the plate had peas on it he chased her to let her know it had to be a spoon.
She was in the middle of a workout that involves holding a baby while running down the street and unfortunately slipped over on a baked potato just as Dylan caught up and yelled Fork U babe give me a spoon.
She called the cops to report the errant potato and it all got out of hand.

Dear holier than thou dribblers .... I am very pleased that you have been able to live a life totally free from any drama or turmoil ... that your personal relationships have been devoid of any intense passion or heated argument ... that you have never felt sufficient frustration or anger that made you stike out an innocent doors .....

An argument with the missus ... 4 month old .... lack of sleep .... routines upset ..... things said in haste ... like your not the father ... ... now that is not a comment intended to calm the situation down .. things get heated ... actions regreted ... or mis-interpreted .. etc ...

Now before the numbnuts start screaming that i am condoning DV ..... I'm not .... but nearly 50% of all mariages end in divorce .. and whilst mine was a harmonious separating ... I would say that a great many involve heated confrontation ..... are all these people .. men AND women grubs? ... are they all to be thrown staright to hell without jobs? ..... can an outsider with only a small part of the picture say one party was completely innocent whilst the other party was completely guilty ....

Are there actions that are unforgivable ... yes .. it may vary from person to person .. but yes ...... but Dylan hasn't gone anywhere near unforgivable for mine .... wrong, stupid. .. but not unforgivable ......

I'm sincerely sorry about your situation between you and your wife mate, even if it were amicable. Must have been awful and tough.

Calls us all dribblers and spends a whole paragraph dribbling, trying to defend domestic violence after saying he’s not condoning it. Alright mate, we’re the numbnuts.

@yokahontas , hope I can say this with respect, and in a way of conversation without you taking offense.

I stated all along that Walker "might" be found innocent of the accusations , and we as parties not privy to the event shouldn't judge.

You didn't accept that at the time , prejudging him, stating that if there is smoke, there's fire, and there's track record.

The magistrate after hearing many parts of evidence from various witnesses there was 0 justification for a judgement.

I notice you haven't warmed to Walker or his position again, even after the ruling.

THEN, the NRL , and in particular Todd Greenburg, and the NRL's legal counsel, (a female btw), reviewed all court transcripts , and found 0 commentary that warranted any further action by the NRL, suggesting that there was no evidence that anything could be advertised about the case that could be detrimental to the NRL's reputation at a later date.

But there's track record you say. Okay, let's look at that, shall we?

He overdosed on prescription drugs after a post season injury. Pretty dumb, yes. Funny, at 20, I was dabbling in recreational drugs like ecstacy. Dumb, yes, but I did it. We aren't responsible at that age. Hopefully Walker learnt from that near death experience. Pretty scary and stupid, but hardly earth shattering. Wasn't even pot. Was a legally subscribed , prescription drug. Btw, I don't do drugs, never even had a puff of a cigarette (they say it stunts your growth hahaha). But I did dabble in that back then, many years ago.

Then, wow, he punched a door in a fit of rage. Honestly, I've done that in fits of frustration, myself. We all get worked up and explode at times. I hardly think that's unique. Sometimes our temper gets the best of us.

Just wondered what your thoughts on the matter is now? I'm hoping this was a respectful and thoughtful post. Just wondered what your thoughts now we're?

I’m not interested in continuing the debate.

As I’ve stated numerous times before (and, I might add, well before Walker even signed with the club), I don’t believe just because anyone wears a Manly jersey (or any other team or organisation I might happen to support or be involved in) they’re automatically a good person, and to be respected. And that just because someone presents a polite/professional front in one setting, doesn’t mean they’re not capable of disgusting behaviour in other settings. I think it’s also worth considering whether you (or anyone else) would feel the same about this verdict if it involved a player from another club. Do we all cheer and start with the congratulatory backslapping if Jarryd Hayne is found not guilty in his current court proceedings? Where’s the ‘welcome back, champ’ for Ben Barba, since police ultimately decided not to even proceed with charges against him?

I’ve also made it clear I’ve got some background knowledge - professional as well as personal - that informs my opinions on this subject. I won’t apologise for that - everybody forms their opinions based on their own experiences and background knowledge.

Furthermore, I’ve also made it clear that real life stuff takes a much higher priority over football these days, and if I’m not getting any enjoyment out of it, I’ll step away. Which is what I’m choosing to do here. There are posters in this thread (not yourself) who have gone overboard with the gloating, the lauding of Walker as a hero, smears against his partner etc - and frankly, it’s sickening.

I hope the club doesn’t re-sign him, if only based on the fact that he’s offered little value for money given the lengthy stints off-field during his current contract.

Others have articulated ‘my’ side of the coin pretty well, I’ll let it rest at that.

I'm sincerely sorry about your situation between you and your wife mate, even if it were amicable. Must have been awful and tough.

Thanks mate ... but if I had to do it all again I would ... 20 great years and a great son .... no regrets

Last edited:
Calls us all dribblers and spends a whole paragraph dribbling, trying to defend domestic violence after saying he’s not condoning it. Alright mate, we’re the numbnuts.

What amazes me is that you can't see the abject stupidy of your own assessment of my comments ..... you have no doubt achieved dribblerhood .. but ... would have to study for a further 6 months just to reach numbnut level .....

Everyone has had an opinion on this drawn out saga, which is all good.
Time to put it to bed and see if Dylan Walker can add something on the field.
The court case is closed and right or wrong, its time to get on with what the Silvertails site is about - "The Footy".

What amazes me is that you can't see the abject stupidy of your own assessment of my comments ..... you have no doubt achieved dribblerhood .. but ... would have to study for a further 6 months just to reach numbnut level .....
You keep name calling and defending poor behaviour mate. Eventually everyone will see how smart you are.

Yeah we do. She asked if he wanted a fork or a spoon. She obviously ran away before he had a chance to answer and once he saw that the plate had peas on it he chased her to let her know it had to be a spoon.
She was in the middle of a workout that involves holding a baby while running down the street and unfortunately slipped over on a baked potato just as Dylan caught up and yelled Fork U babe give me a spoon.
She called the cops to report the errant potato and it all got out of hand.
If Walker wants a spoon then he will need to play for Parramatta

Try reading my post again.

Where exactly did I compare Walker to Lodge and Barba? Please do tell?

I simply said Lodge should never be allowed back again. And that Barba was wiped out on DV charges that never even went to court.

I never said DW should be rubbed out. Just that he's a dick and I would rather see him let go than resigned to this great club due to his off field exploits.

Can I also just check a little point. Seems like to get some credibility round here apparently you need to have been a bit of a dick and got into trouble when young yes??? Is that the case because if it is then I'm ****ed. I've never taken drugs, been arrested, been in a bar fight with 13 bikies, punched a door and broken my hand, given my 'bitch' a good beating or attacked anyone in a drunken rage.
**** I'm boring and out of touch. I'm going to leave now and take up Knitting for knobs and keep my head low.
You are insinuating by just naming Lodge & Barba! Please do elaborate on Walker's 'off field exploits".......seems you know a lot more than the rest of us do? Punched a door, overdosed on prescription drugs & ALLEGEDLY ASSAULTED HIS PARTNER! .If you include mouthing off when playing then name the rest of the NRL players also. You're entitled to your opinion & I respect that but I'm tired of this Walker vendetta. I for one hope he resigns for another 4 years with this great club! Just my opinion..

You keep name calling and defending poor behaviour mate. Eventually everyone will see how smart you are.

You ... on the other hand are in no danger of that ...

and Psss .... just for your info ... understanding how some situations can escalate .... and defending them are two entirely different things ... if you are unable or incapable of discerning that difference .. you should probably refrain form jumping in and being a smart arrse ....

Dylan Walker would come into Manly's headquarters at North Narrabeen on his days off to do extra training, so he could keep in touch with the fitness levels of teammates.

The 24-year-old has not played for nine rounds but received the all-clear from NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg on Monday to play for the Sea Eagles against the Sharks on Sunday.

Walker had been sanctioned under the NRL's "no-fault stand down" policy, where players facing serious criminal charges are removed from playing each weekend until the court cases are finalised. Last Friday, Walker was found not guilty of two assault charges against his partner Alexandra Ivkovic.

At Manly training on Monday before he was officially cleared to return, several of his teammates spoke of Walker's value to the side if he was given the green light to play.

"He might be blowing a bit hard because there's nothing like match fitness, but he's well experienced and he's definitely been training hard," said centre Brad Parker.

"Even on our days off he's been coming in here to do some extras. So he's still very dedicated.

"He's been a bit of a mentor for me. He's not that much older but he's always given me a lot of confidence. Having him around, I get to see what he brings to the game with his skill and talent.

"Ask anyone here and they'll say his energy is infectious. He brings a lot of hype and gets the boys up. Even though we've been going through some tough times with injuries and what not, he's always positive and upbeat."

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8