Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So yes we make mistakes and hopefully learn from them.

Tell me thou.

Say some of your were plumbers or sparkies and in a fit of rage you punched a door. Would your boss go hey bad luck I tell you what. I will continue to pay you till you get better in 6 or so weeks shall I? Or would they go sorry mate i will need to let you go...

That's just one example. I could go on with DV or Drug related issues or Assault or beastiality jokes...

The thing is these young men are gifted an opportunity to play one of the greatest sports for a living. They get paid very well for what they do and are treated like gods by some. The odd cock up is to be expected but when you have multiple chances that in normal society wouldn't be available then it's time to grow up and be counted.

Someone like Matt Lodge should never have been allowed to return. Acts of violence that are so vicious and blatant by players should see them wiped out. Barba was rubbed out and we may never see the video of what happened. I bet if it came out there could be grounds for a full trial on DV charges.

Mentioned in earlier comments from Mrs DW of ' I hate it when he's like this' suggests a pattern of behaviour and not a one off fit of anger.

Do we all cheer DW if he scores a try this weekend? Probably because above all we support the Seaeagles and those that play for us.
Do I have to hide my opinion that he's a bit of a grub that doesn't deserve to play for this great team. No I don't.
I dont really care that some on here have 'done some stupid things when they were young' and turned out ok....
Be a man. Treat others with respect and do your ****ing job.

Tell me thou.

Say some of your were plumbers or sparkies and in a fit of rage you punched a door. Would your boss go hey bad luck I tell you what. I will continue to pay you till you get better in 6 or so weeks shall I? Or would they go sorry mate i will need to let you go...

That's just one example. I could go on with DV or Drug related issues or Assault or beastiality jokes...

The thing is these young men are gifted an opportunity to play one of the greatest sports for a living. They get paid very well for what they do and are treated like gods by some. The odd cock up is to be expected but when you have multiple chances that in normal society wouldn't be available then it's time to grow up and be counted.

Someone like Matt Lodge should never have been allowed to return. Acts of violence that are so vicious and blatant by players should see them wiped out. Barba was rubbed out and we may never see the video of what happened. I bet if it came out there could be grounds for a full trial on DV charges.

Mentioned in earlier comments from Mrs DW of ' I hate it when he's like this' suggests a pattern of behaviour and not a one off fit of anger.

Do we all cheer DW if he scores a try this weekend? Probably because above all we support the Seaeagles and those that play for us.
Do I have to hide my opinion that he's a bit of a grub that doesn't deserve to play for this great team. No I don't.
I dont really care that some on here have 'done some stupid things when they were young' and turned out ok....

In every interaction I've had with DW, EOL he's been absolute class, respectful, giving of his time and humble.

Everyone keeps telling me what Dylan Walker is like, and what he's got in him, as though they intimately know his situation, and him as a person.

If a tradie got the ****s and broke a door, you ask him to pay for it, fix it, and put the owner in a better position than they began. Jesus, Des tore one off the hinges in a fit of anger , don't you recall? He getting sacked too?

If you think Walker's a Grub, that doesn't deserve to play for this team, that's your perogative , but you can't then have a go at anyone else for criticising a player (to retain any credibility whatsoever).

So you know, Joel Thompson, Addin Fonua-Blake, Jorge Taufua, Apisai Koroisou, Manase Fainu have all had trouble with the law. Then you have Suli who has commitment issues. Are they all dickheads? Are they grubs that shouldn't okay for your great club?

Maybe it's time to build a bridge, get over it, and support the player and team. Jesus, even I've let up on Suli.

Last edited:
In every interaction I've had with DW, EOL he's been absolute class, respectful, giving of his time and humble.

Everyone keeps telling me what Dylan Walker is like, and what he's got in him, as though they intimately know his situation, and him as a person.

A lot of people said that George Pell was all of the above.
But turns out he can be one thing in public and another behind closed doors.

My mate is a sparkle, punched a wall after being dismissed at cricket and busted his hand, still had a job 6 weeks later

Last edited:
@yokahontas , hope I can say this with respect, and in a way of conversation without you taking offense.

I stated all along that Walker "might" be found innocent of the accusations , and we as parties not privy to the event shouldn't judge.

You didn't accept that at the time , prejudging him, stating that if there is smoke, there's fire, and there's track record.

The magistrate after hearing many parts of evidence from various witnesses there was 0 justification for a judgement.

I notice you haven't warmed to Walker or his position again, even after the ruling.

THEN, the NRL , and in particular Todd Greenburg, and the NRL's legal counsel, (a female btw), reviewed all court transcripts , and found 0 commentary that warranted any further action by the NRL, suggesting that there was no evidence that anything could be advertised about the case that could be detrimental to the NRL's reputation at a later date.

But there's track record you say. Okay, let's look at that, shall we?

He overdosed on prescription drugs after a post season injury. Pretty dumb, yes. Funny, at 20, I was dabbling in recreational drugs like ecstacy. Dumb, yes, but I did it. We aren't responsible at that age. Hopefully Walker learnt from that near death experience. Pretty scary and stupid, but hardly earth shattering. Wasn't even pot. Was a legally subscribed , prescription drug. Btw, I don't do drugs, never even had a puff of a cigarette (they say it stunts your growth hahaha). But I did dabble in that back then, many years ago.

Brian Gary's young bloke was close to death in that incident.

Not having a go at you Ryan but at 20 people are old enough to vote and old enough to go to war and die for their country.

It's little wonder plenty want National Service reinstated, it just might save some lives and help some grow up. Faster.

Anyway that's an argument for another time, you make a valid point.

My thoughts on Walker are that he's a young man with some issues. He can play football very well. He isn't either a champion or an evil villain. He needs to grow up, take responsibility for his actions. The guy needs mentoring and hopefully the systems in place at Manly can help him.
There is still time for him to adjust negative behaviours and be the best person and footballer he can be. It needs to start now though. Time for him to be a man.

@Ryan In my Job as a Cameraman I have come across and delt with many many players of Rugby, league, cricket, athletics and Swimming just to name a few. While the majority come across as nothing but professional and nice guys and girls it all depends on the day you get them.

I'm sure DW has been nothing but great every time you have met him. He's probably a lad that likes a laugh and is a bit of good fun most of the time. I haven't met him nor the rest of the list you mentioned up close so can only make a call with my seaeagles tinted glasses on. I can say that I feel x is a whatever and that's an opinion. Is it correct? perhaps or perhaps not who knows...

Let me share a few observations as you did.

A player I thought I hated because he came across as a dick was sam Thiday. For many years I thought what a grub. To be fair unless you were a donkey supporter or QLD tragic you probably thought the same. I had a bit to do with him when Australia won the World cup a few years back in Old Blighty. You know what he was a funny bastard with a great sense of humour. Did it change the fact he was in his playing days a bit of a dick? No. Did he come across as alright. Yes.

Away from sport I worked with a bloke called Leonardo DiCaprio. On the 3 days we worked together he was a complete **** stick. In fact he was that bad I went around for the next 5 years telling everyone what a tool he was. Funny thing is I worked with him again a few years after that and he was fantastic. A+ guy and a total bomb.

I really hope DW turns a corner and becomes the role model and player he could be. Honestly. Just at this point in time he has a lot of growing up to da to get there and I'm not sure he will make it given his perceived issues.

Dear holier than thou dribblers .... I am very pleased that you have been able to live a life totally free from any drama or turmoil ... that your personal relationships have been devoid of any intense passion or heated argument ... that you have never felt sufficient frustration or anger that made you stike out an innocent doors .....

An argument with the missus ... 4 month old .... lack of sleep .... routines upset ..... things said in haste ... like your not the father ... ... now that is not a comment intended to calm the situation down .. things get heated ... actions regreted ... or mis-interpreted .. etc ...

Now before the numbnuts start screaming that i am condoning DV ..... I'm not .... but nearly 50% of all mariages end in divorce .. and whilst mine was a harmonious separating ... I would say that a great many involve heated confrontation ..... are all these people .. men AND women grubs? ... are they all to be thrown staright to hell without jobs? ..... can an outsider with only a small part of the picture say one party was completely innocent whilst the other party was completely guilty ....

Are there actions that are unforgivable ... yes .. it may vary from person to person .. but yes ...... but Dylan hasn't gone anywhere near unforgivable for mine .... wrong, stupid. .. but not unforgivable ......

How can anyone listen to that call, watch the footage, and then say 'oh its ok, he's not guilty'. This isn't about guilt or innocence any more - its about the type of person he is, and decency.

If you want to think its ok, and argue his 'innocence' = knock yourself out! It says more about your own moral standards that anything else.

I think he is a grub. A 'law abiding' grub. But a grub all the same. Not the kind of bloke i want to pay money to support (whether that be through gate receipts, media subscriptions or membership). I support Manly. Ergo, I have to support Manly players. He is entitled to a job - i don't dispute that. I just want that job to be nothing to do with the team I love and support.

People like him make my blood boil.

I dread the day (probably next year going by his current form) where a more significant dispute occurs and someone is badly injured.

I hope he plays the year out in reserves, and then gets let go.

Tell me thou.

How can you possibly even consider comparing Walker to Lodge or Barba? Yes he’s a dick but no more than most of us were / are! I suppose you’re an angel & always were! Give the guy a break ffs!

Dear holier than thou dribblers .... I am very pleased that you have been able to live a life totally free from any drama or turmoil ... that your personal relationships have been devoid of any intense passion or heated argument ... that you have never felt sufficient frustration or anger that made you stike out an innocent doors .....

An argument with the missus ... 4 month old .... lack of sleep .... routines upset ..... things said in haste ... like your not the father ... ... now that is not a comment intended to calm the situation down .. things get heated ... actions regreted ... or mis-interpreted .. etc ...

Now before the numbnuts start screaming that i am condoning DV ..... I'm not .... but nearly 50% of all mariages end in divorce .. and whilst mine was a harmonious separating ... I would say that a great many involve heated confrontation ..... are all these people .. men AND women grubs? ... are they all to be thrown staright to hell without jobs? ..... can an outsider with only a small part of the picture say one party was completely innocent whilst the other party was completely guilty ....

Are there actions that are unforgivable ... yes .. it may vary from person to person .. but yes ...... but Dylan hasn't gone anywhere near unforgivable for mine .... wrong, stupid. .. but not unforgivable ......

Spot on!

How can anyone listen to that call, watch the footage, and then say 'oh its ok, he's not guilty'. This isn't about guilt or innocence any more - its about the type of person he is, and decency.

If you want to think its ok, and argue his 'innocence' = knock yourself out! It says more about your own moral standards that anything else.

I think he is a grub. A 'law abiding' grub. But a grub all the same. Not the kind of bloke i want to pay money to support (whether that be through gate receipts, media subscriptions or membership). I support Manly. Ergo, I have to support Manly players. He is entitled to a job - i don't dispute that. I just want that job to be nothing to do with the team I love and support.

People like him make my blood boil.

I dread the day (probably next year going by his current form) where a more significant dispute occurs and someone is badly injured.

I hope he plays the year out in reserves, and then gets let go.
I bet you’re the perfect role model........

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8