[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
And just another blow

Draw first 4 rounds
Roosters away
Souths home
Dragons away
Panthers home

If we start 0/4 which is a real possibility then even if turbo returns our season is gone already.

We need to at least be 2/4 when turbo returns

I really hope Des takes a good look at Tolu Koula, who was rated on basically the same star level in attack as young Suuli the Roosters just signed....I expect he will get a show in the trial this weekend and hopefully shines.
Support Tom all day , but the return of a handful of games a season, for a bloke on 1 million a season is getting tougher to take with every injury....

At the end of last season the only player consistently showing improvement, as he learnt about the wiles of NRL, was Tevita Funa.

His side-on defence at the corner post started to remind me of the great Wombat. He was safe in the air, unless someone else "injected themselves" and stuffed it up.

With DCE, he was learning the lines of a true no. 1, which will only get better running off Foran. To me he is the only answer.

As a matter of fact, I was getting annoyed that he had been left out of all team configurations, however having Turbo back helped me accept that circumstance.

Sure, this is a great blow, but I have been around long enough to witness "possible GOATs" fade away because of injuries.

As a kid, one of my favourite Manly wingers was Ray Richie. Could step metres off both legs, fast elusive and as good a finisher as Ken Irvine. What happened?

He spent more time at DY pool, soaking his ravaged ankles and knees in sea water, than being on the field.

I hope Turbo can recover; in the meantime, support Funa as you won't be disappointed!

Had the honour of being coached by the great man ... vale Ray Ritchie ...

Anyone else more upset about how this has been handled than the injury itself? I mean, it's Tommy Turbo - we all know he's going to do a hammy at some stage of the season. No surprise to anyone. But the whole "slipped in the shower"/persistent injury rumours and denials smells like absolute bull**** to me.

I've been using the #hammygate as a piss-take because it's very easy to troll us poor suffering Manly fans by spreading rumours about Tommy being injured. But maybe #hammygate isn't so far from the truth. It certainly isn't funny anymore.

The guy is useless (nice fellow) and a drain on our cap. Time to release him and hope some desperate club will sign him. I'm sick off reading all these puff pieces about how he is flying in training yet when it's time to deliver turbo is a bust.

1.I'd play Walker at fullback...
2.If I was Turbo, I would actually take a pay cut for the sake of my teammates and fan base.

Wow. Had money on Fozzies hammys to go first.

Needs to be Koula to start at fullback. Funa is a capable fill in but not a permanent. We all know he wont be back by round 4 and even if he is.. how long will he last. Lets blood the next big thing and see how he goes. Funa will never be a fullback permanently. Does not have the skillset and i really like him. Think he will be a great centre.

Danny Weidler
@Danny_Weidler

EXCLUSIVE: Vision of Tom Trbojevic sprinting in The Corso in Manly on Saturday night has emerged. Pictures on Nine tonight. The club insists this is not when he injured himself. I’ve talked to Tom and he insists he was injured slipping in the bathroom.
@9NewsSyd

@NRLonNine

FMD why is this even a story? Even more stupid if they are covering something up for the sake of it. If he can't sprint in casual life jeez we really need to reassess what's going on

Danny Weidler
@Danny_Weidler

EXCLUSIVE: Vision of Tom Trbojevic sprinting in The Corso in Manly on Saturday night has emerged. Pictures on Nine tonight. The club insists this is not when he injured himself. I’ve talked to Tom and he insists he was injured slipping in the bathroom.
@9NewsSyd

@NRLonNine

FMD why is this even a story? Even more stupid if they are covering something up for the sake of it. If he can't sprint in casual life jeez we really need to reassess what's going on

Yeah seemed to be out for Brad Parkers birthday on Saturday with a few of the other boys.

I hope the bathroom story is BS. If its true.. how **** are his hamstrings??

He was running in the corso? Whats that mean exactly? he was drunk or running from cops? or had a street race with a 6 year old and he pulled up ?

Because nobody believes the bathroom excuse.
I don’t believe the bathroom story either,but what’s the point in making up a tale if the reason was just running in the Corso,unless there’s more to it.If he’s done his hammy running on Saturday night,so be it,fair chance he’d of done it at training this week anyway.Nothing worse than clubs BSing fans and the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8