Turbo brothers make World Cup squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn't have picked a number of players that they did but hey. From the guys selected I'd think this would be the full strength lineup:

1. B. Slater
2. V. Holmes
3. T. Trbojevic
4. D. Gagai
5. D. Boyd
6. J. Maloney
7. C. Cronk
8. A. Fifita
9. C. Smith (c)
10. J. McClean
11. B. Cordner (vc)
12. M. Gillett
13. J. McGuire
14. J. Trbojevic
15. D. Klemmer
16. T. Frizell
17. A. Woods

1 Slater
2 Boyd
3 Chambers
4 T Trbojevic
5 Gagai
6 Morgan
7 Cronk
8 Woods
9 Smith
10 Klemmer
11 Cordner
12 Gillett
13 J Trbojevic

14 Munster
15 Fifita
16 Frizell
17 McLean

1 Slater
2 Boyd
3 Chambers
4 T Trbojevic
5 Gagai
6 Morgan
7 Cronk
8 Woods
9 Smith
10 Klemmer
11 Cordner
12 Gillett
13 J Trbojevic

14 Munster
15 Fifita
16 Frizell
17 McLean
I'd also like to see Turbo at centre rather than wing - he would destroy them.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/5dfdce1ac4f4f1bfa2101a03de8bd805

c03fe68c4c54150b1e0996169e37d546

Sea Eagles Jake and Tom Trbojevic will playin the World Cup. Picture: Adam Yip.
MANLY
SEA EAGLES STAR TOM TRBOJEVIC GETS A 21ST BIRTHDAY SURPRISE
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
October 3, 2017 4:48pm

SEA Eagles fullback Tom Trbojevic has received the best 21st birthday present he could have imagined — selection in the Kangaroos squad alongside older brother Jake for the upcoming World Cup.

And the dynamic duo celebrated the big news over a pizza at a family dinner on Monday night at Lucky and Pep’s restaurant in Newport.

Fittingly they shared the special occasion with the most important people in their lives and their biggest supporters — parents John and Melissa, brothers Luke and Ben, nan Gaye and aunt Helen.

“It was a double whammy and I was certainly very happy,” Tom said. “It is just excitement, to be in a World Cup squad with the calibre of players in there is pretty special.”

Trbojevic’s selection for coach Mal Meninga’s Kangaroos squad is a reward for his superb form with the Sea Eagles and a three-try display for the Australian Prime Minister’s XIII in their recent 48-8 win over Papua New Guinea in Port Moresby.

The World Cup tournament will be his Kangaroos debut and comes before he has played State of Origin. “You’re always wanting to make squads like this but then again I am only very young and wasn’t expecting too much,” he said.

Jake Trbojevic said he was as excited by Tom’s selection in the squad as he was for his own.

“I am pumped,” said the hardworking Manly forward who made his Australian debut during last year’s Four Nations tournament.

“This will be my first World Cup and it is something you dream of.

‘‘And to get to do it with your brother makes it even more special.

“How good is it?”

Kangaroos honours for Jake and Tom
Wayne Cousins

Tue 3rd October, 09:24AM

1506982095032.jpg;pva060929bd73bb636

The fabulous Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom, have today been named in the Australian Kangaroos squad for the World Cup.

Their selection comes after the Manly Sea Eagles players represented the Australian Prime Minister’s XIII team against Papua New Guinea in Port Moresby late last month.It was the first time the brothers had played in a senior representative game together.

Tom scored three tries in his first representative match at senior level to force his way into the Kangaroos squad.

His versatility to be able to play full-back, wing, and centre, will be a major asset for Australia in the World Cup.

Tom’s selection comes a day after his 21st Birthday.

For Jake, it caps off another huge year after representing NSW Blues in all three Origin games and playing his first Test match on Australian soil in Canberra against New Zealand. He made his Test debut against Scotland in the Four Nations tournament last year.

The proud Manly juniors, who hail from the Mona Vale Raiders Club, could well line up together in Australia’s pool matches against France and Lebanon.

Australia’s World Cup Pool Matches

Friday, October 27: vs England, Rectangular Stadium, Melbourne, 8pm

Friday, November 3: vs France, Canberra Stadium, 8pm

Saturday, November 11: vs Lebanon, Sydney Football Stadium, 8pm.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/10/03/kangaroos_honours_fo.html

World Cup excitement for Trbojevic family

Tue 3rd October, 07:48PM

1507020595064.jpg;pvdfffb94a12adb556

The past two days have been very exciting for the Trobjevic family.

On Monday, Tom – the outstanding Manly full-back – turned 21. The family had a double reason to celebrate a few hours later when Tom and Jake were selected in the Australian Kangaroos squad for the upcoming World Cup.

Manly Sea Eagles Media Manager Wayne Cousins caught up with the brothers today to talk about the World Cup, the birthday celebrations, and their love of golf.

Wayne: How did you find out about being selected for Australia?

Jake: Manly Football Manager Gareth Holmes rang around lunch time. He was my Kangaroos Manager last year on the Four Nations tour. He called us individually to congratulate us. We really appreciated it.

Tom: When Gareth told me, I was pretty shocked, and pretty happy at the same time. Growing up, you dream about playing for Australia. I had the chance to pull on the green and gold for the Australian Prime Minister’s XIII game in PNG a fortnight ago. To do that for the first time alongside Jake was pretty special.

Jake: I’m so happy for Tom. It is always a proud moment whenever you get picked for Australia, but when your brother gets picked as well, it is pretty cool. With the World Cup being played here, hopefully we can get to play in a game or two together in front of our family and friends.

Tom: Any opportunity to wear an Australian jersey is very special. To be able to represent your country playing the game that you love is a great honour. Hopefully I can get a game or two and wear those colours again.

Wayne: The family must have been pretty excited by the selections?

Jake: Mum, Dad, and Nan were pretty happy, as was our younger brothers, Ben and Luke.

Tom: Mum loves her footy and now she gets to watch us play a bit more this year, so she is very excited.

Wayne: Is it fair to say outside the family home, your biggest fan is your Nan?

Jake: Nan loves her league. She watches every NRL match each weekend, and knows every player. Just loves her footy. She always comes to the Manly games at Lottoland. She came up to Brisbane to watch me play Origin, and has travelled to the Gold Coast to watch Tom and me play.

Wayne: When you are in representative camps, what do you look to gain the most from it. Is it the chance to learn more from the likes of some of Australia’s greatest players in Coach Mal Meninga and Captain Cameron Smith?

Jake: Cameron is such a great leader on and off the field. His record speaks for itself with what he has done in the game. He is a great bloke and is always willing to help you improve your game.

Tom: To be able to learn from someone like Cameron Smith will be very special within itself. Blokes like him, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk, are legends of the game with what they have achieved. To be in camp with them and to learn off them is an honour. If I got the chance to play alongside them in a match, it would be pretty surreal. I want to learn as much as I can from them.

Jake: Mal is a quality person and a natural leader. He really puts a lot of pride into the Australian jersey and everyone buys into it. When he speaks, everyone listens and there is this aura about him. I have learnt a lot from him already.

Wayne: With Tom’s birthday and you both making the Australian squad, how were the celebrations?

Tom: There was no party. I’m not a party person. We just went out for lunch at the Newport Arms Hotel, and then enjoyed a dinner at Lucky's & Pep's in Newport. Ben and Luke got me a box of Pro V Titleist golf balls, and I got a nice watch from Mum. Jake just gave me money. He has plenty of it, so he was happy to give money to the less fortunate (laughs)

Jake: I wanted to get clothes for Tom because I always wear his, but I didn’t know what to buy. Would he like it? Would it be the right fit? It was too hard, so I thought it be best for Tom to get them. That’s fair enough, I reckon.

Wayne: You could have got him some golf shirts at least?

Jake: He has that many golf shirts, it’s not funny (laughs). You should see them all. Trust me, he doesn’t need any more.

Tom: The guys at Nike help me out with that. I do love my Nike golf shirts.

Wayne: How is the golf game coming along, boys?

Jake: It is not good at the moment because we haven’t been able to play much lately. We will try and get a few games in soon, and then after the World Cup, we will go up to Jamie Lyon’s place up north. He is a member of Ballina Golf Club. Hopefully I can get the handicap down, and just maybe, take a few dollars off ‘Killer’.

Wayne: What is the handicap now?

Jake: I’m a single figure marker...nearly down to 3 (laughing). No, I am 14. Tom is a 22.

Wayne: Describe each other’s golf games?

Tom: Jake can chip pretty well but if he shanks one shot, he is mentally gone. It’s similar to the footy field. He has no ticker (smiles cheekily).

Jake: My driving is pretty average. My low irons are good. I do get rattled if I shank one. Tom can hit them alright but he is pretty erratic. When he gets hold of one, he hits them pretty long.

Tom: It is pretty rare.

Jake: We do love our golf and we are members at Mona Vale. We have also joined Wakehurst now with (team-mate) Dylan Walker. We played with ‘Walkz’ at Wakehurst a few weeks back when he got his hole-in-one on the 13th hoke – a little par-3 down the hill… nice hole. It’s a great course, Wakey.

Tom: I basically cheered like I got it.

Jake: It was Chad Randall (Manly Assistant Coach) and me, versus Tom and ‘Walkz’. They were all over us and Chad and I thought we were going to pull a shot back on that hole. Then Dylan holed it.

Tom: You can put this in…Chad was so bad it was unbelievable. Jake put Chad on his back and tried to carry him. He was a burden.

Jake: When ‘Walkz’ got the hole in one, we all went berserk. We carried on more than him. It was the first one I had ever seen. It was so good.

Tom: I thought Dylan was pretty humble about it though (laughs).

Wayne: Thanks for the chat boys. Good luck at the World Cup and also with the golf game.

Jake: Cheers mate

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/10/03/world_cup_excitement.html

I love reading/watching these two being interviewed together

Congrats to the "Turbo Bros" who both absolutely deserved their selections. Especially happy for Tom who will make his debut. Jake just continues to cement his spot in the side. Well done boys!!!

Great to see Meninga say that with Boyd now out Tom is likely to be given a start in his prepared position of fullback with Slater to be rested at some stage during the tournament.

Speaking of this, did anyone else read Zorba’s massive Freudian slip in today’s MD, where he claimed Tom was the 19th Manly junior to represent Australia?

We passed that mark decades ago.

Plus I’m certain that Steve Knight didn’t figure in his calculations, representing Australia from Wests - but a Manly junior nonetheless.

Today's offering from the tele:

The Trbojevic brothers lift the lid on each other as they look to join a rare list of Kangaroos siblings

MICHAEL CARAYANNIS, The Sunday Telegraph
October 8, 2017 8:00am
Subscriber only
TOM Trbojevic has learnt to deal with older brother Jake’s “stress head ways”. Jake says Tom is a little “too cruisy” for his liking.

The brothers may be vastly different on and off the field but they are on the verge of joining a small list of siblings to play in an Australian side alongside each other. Only eight others have done it, with the Trbojevic’s a chance to replicate the feats of the likes of the Morris twins and the Johns brothers after being picked in Australia’s 24-man World Cup squad.

While there is no doubting the close bond the pair share, the friendly brother rivalry is alive and well.

445033f313b1e97c6aab5ce60bded503

Tom and Jake Trbojevic are set to join a small list of Kangaroos players.
“He is pretty laid back,” Jake said. “He doesn’t worry too much about stuff. He is very book smart but he isn’t so smart on general knowledge — the older brother has to help him out there. I need to help get him on time to things.

“Not too much worries him.”

Tom disagrees in part with Jake. The Sea Eagles duo — who still live together in the family’s Mona Vale home — are notorious for arriving to training and matches early.

“Oh my gosh he is unbelievable,” Tom said. “It’s unbelievable. He will tell you a time to leave and then he’ll come and get you 15 minutes early and say ‘I’m stressing and we have to leave now’. It’s ridiculous. I’ve learnt to deal with it. If he says a time I just have to be ready to go 15 minutes early and it is all good.

“We always get to places early because of him. It’s not a bad thing.

“He is not much of a talker. Away from footy we don’t talk too much about it. He likes to think he has some sort of smarts but he has a big head like that but he has no brains. It’s quite funny.”

7986f3b3a96e718b69877d45aae30032

Jake Trbojevic in training for the Prime Minister's XIII. (AAP Image/NRL)
They were told of their selection while celebrating Tom’s 21st birthday at a family lunch in Newport last Monday.

Jake, who made his Test debut at last year’s Four Nations, is the frontrunner to claim the vacant No. 13 jersey while Tom will battle it out with the likes of Valentine Holmes, Dane Gagai and Josh Mansour for a wing spot.

“I was a bit shocked at the time but it’s all sunk in now,” Tom said. “It’s hard to match (as a birthday present). Playing one test would be awesome. Playing alongside your brother just adds to that.”

Jake said it would be “surreal” to play alongside Tom.

“The family are really happy and excited,” Jake said. “You always want to play for your country but you don’t think about doing it together. It’s happened really quickly.”

da99a03d339a48ef7dcf1f57b66ee658

The Trbojevic family have plenty to be proud of. (AAP Image/NRL)

the banter between them is great!

got it here:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/1f3c04b07aa30a54c1abe03873fdf2ac

Well deserved for Jake. Not a long career so far but phenomenal is the word I would use to describe how good he has always been.

I reckon Tom will go up a few levels next year and I can't wait to see it. In fact our whole backline will turn things up a notch next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8