Turbo brothers make World Cup squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Mitch

Bencher
Both brothers have made the Australian World Cup squad, with Tom beating out James Tedesco for his spot. A nice 21st birthday present!

KANGAROOS 24-MAN WORLD CUP SQUAD

BACKS: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Will Chambers, Dane Gagai, Tom Trbojevic, Josh Dugan, Valentine Holmes, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Munster, Michael Morgan, James Maloney

FORWARDS: Aaron Woods, David Klemmer, Josh McGuire, Andrew Fifita, Jake Trbojevic, Jordan McLean, Boyd Cordner, Matt Gillett, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham, Felise Kaufusi, Cameron Smith, Ben Hunt

Maninga speaks highly of the turbos so no surprises.

Tom prob won't get a game but will benefit from being in that squad.

Big congratulations to the boys.
A lifetime dream fulfilled !!

Maninga speaks highly of the turbos so no surprises.

Tom prob won't get a game but will benefit from being in that squad.

I think you’ll find the entire squad will get match time at some point mate. Given the games played against some lower ranked teams and his versatility to play 1-5.

Great job boys. Tom's versality obviously got him the nod over Tedesco. Plus the fact, based on potential, he'll be the better fullback long term, injuries permitting.

I think you’ll find the entire squad will get match time at some point mate. Given the games played against some lower ranked teams and his versatility to play 1-5.
Yeah, Meninga has been excellent at giving all his squad players a run. He did it with Jake last year and I'm sure he'll bring Tom along, too. Congratulations to them both!

Both brothers have made the Australian World Cup squad, with Tom beating out James Tedesco for his spot. A nice 21st birthday present!

KANGAROOS 24-MAN WORLD CUP SQUAD

BACKS: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Will Chambers, Dane Gagai, Tom Trbojevic, Josh Dugan, Valentine Holmes, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Munster, Michael Morgan, James Maloney

FORWARDS: Aaron Woods, David Klemmer, Josh McGuire, Andrew Fifita, Jake Trbojevic, Jordan McLean, Boyd Cordner, Matt Gillett, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham, Felise Kaufusi, Cameron Smith, Ben Hunt

Is it just me or does the make up of the backs look wrong........

3 fullbacks
2 wingers
2 centres
4 halves

Is it just me, or is Valentine Holmes the most over rated player going around at the moment ?

Also Gagai.....................if you gave me free picks for any wingers in the NRL for Manly, these 2 don't come up first!!
I guess its to do with eligibility?

Jake.....no surprises and he will play in the big games, possibly off the bench, but he makes the 17.

Tom will probably just play against some of the lesser teams, but this is a fantastic opportunity for him. I heard Joey speak about him when he played against PNG and he said once Mal realises what a great kid he is, he'll be in the test squad for 10 years.

Also Gagai.....................if you gave me free picks for any wingers in the NRL for Manly, these 2 don't come up first!!
I guess its to do with eligibility?

Agreed, Newcastle fans must be filthy with what Gagai put up week to week compared to Origin

Holmes isn't a terrible player, but somehow got elevated to "superstar with the movie star name" after 5 games

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10