Turbo brothers make World Cup squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A fantastic reward for both Turbo boys, this is good for our club, Tommy is going to spend time with some champions like Slater and he will learn a hell of a lot and Jake is already a leader. The Aussie team looks very strong and congratulations to the rest of the Manly players selected to play for their respective countries!!

Just a small thing.....

While I do think the Turbo's will definitely be in the squad as will most of those players, this leaked list is just that, a leaked list that someone has put out. It may not even be real.

Just an educated guess, but I reckon the team for the opening game against England in Melbourne will be:

FB - Billy Slater
WG - Darius Boyd
CE - Will Chambers
CE - Josh Dugan
WG - Valentine Holmes
FE - James Maloney (gk)
HB - Cooper Cronk
PR - Aaron Woods
HK - Cameron Smith (c)
PR - David Klemmer
SR - Boyd Cordner
SR - Matt Gillett
LK - Jake Trbojevic

BE - Andrew Fifita
BE - Tyson Frizell
BE - Michael Morgan
BE - Jordan McLean

I can't see Tom playing the opening game and Meninga will most likely go with the backline from the Anzac Test with the only differences being no Ferguson, Boyd to the wing and Slater at fullback. I can also see Maloney getting the 5/8 job. Although Smith can kick goals, I think Maloney's better strike rate and international experience will give him the edge over Munster, though at the same time he might keep the Drizzle/Qld spine together. Morgan will continue his utility bench role and I also think McLean, who was 18th man in Canberra in May, will replace Thaiday on the bench.

Last edited:
I think you’ll find the entire squad will get match time at some point mate. Given the games played against some lower ranked teams and his versatility to play 1-5.
Indeed. This is Mal Meninga as coach. Not Frank Stanton. He didn't like using reserves, at least in domestic tests, circa 1978-79. Just ask Terry Randall, John Harvey, Ray Brown or if you have supernatural abilities, the late Allan McMahon.

I disagree ever so slightly

I think Tom will beat out Holmes and Gagai for a wing spot, I think Meninga loves the Turbo boys and will fast track him

I also think Morgan is a lock for 5/8 with Munster taking the bench spot

FB - Billy Slater
WG - Darius Boyd
CE - Will Chambers
CE - Josh Dugan
WG - Tom Trbojevic
FE - Micheal Morgan
HB - Cooper Cronk
PR - Aaron Woods
HK - Cameron Smith (c) (gk)
PR - David Klemmer
SR - Boyd Cordner