1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trbojevic Bros

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dinga, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Dinga

Dinga Active Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 1
    Channel 9 news had breaking news during the Sports section tonight stating it looks like Manly have re-signed the Trbojevic Bros on long Term deals with an announcement to be made as early as tomorrow.

If true it puts into perspective the decision to re-lease Jamie Buhrer early, BUT as all of us True Manly supporters we wish we released Lewis Brown or Nate Myles instead.

Hope this info is True and an official announcement is made by the club within the next 24hrs.

GO MANLY !!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. sean john

sean john Haters gonna hate..

Ratings:
    +427 / 34
    Oh I guess it's time for another dinga!

• Like Like x 1
    • Clever Clever x 1
  3. Turbo1

Turbo1 Scott Penn is a **** head

Ratings:
    +718 / 156
    **** yes finally some good news hopefully 4 or 5 year deals on reasonable cash means we can rebuild our club with the big 3!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 31
    Here it is from Weidler!

Manly Sea Eagles secure $6 million men Jake and Tom Trbojevic for next four years
    October 8 2016
    Jake and Tom Trbojevic are Manly's $6 million men — one granite, the other a diamond — the strength and brilliance that Manly will build around for the next four years.

After weeks of negotiating, Sea Eagles boss Bob Fulton has secured the pair until the end of 2020 and given Manly a chance to rebuild into a club that can again challenge the best in the game.

Fulton spoke at length with the boys' parents and grandmother and was struck by the family bond.

And here's a bonus for Manly fans. The club is hopeful of signing a third Trbojevic, younger brother Ben, a Steve Menzies-style back-rower.

Jake and Tom are managed by Paul Sutton and he always felt Manly were the best fit. That far-sighted attitude was important in the negotiations.

The pair have upgraded deals for 2017 and cashed in for the following three years. Jake's new three-year extension is worth about $2.1 million, while Tom's deal is for $2.7 million. Throw in the upgraded deals and you have a solid investment.

Both will play Origin and are sure to challenge for higher honours.

As well as being great talents, they are from good stock and there have been few more important signings for Manly in recent times.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 31
    Good news about Ben as well!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. sean john

sean john Haters gonna hate..

Ratings:
    +427 / 34
    That's around 750k each a season. A lot of money early in their careers. I wonder how much of that is on the cap??

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Turbo1

Ratings:
    +718 / 156
    Jake is going to be 700k

Tom is going to be on 900k

• Clever Clever x 1
  8. Turbo1

Ratings:
    +718 / 156
    Probs not much Fulton is very very good at managing the cap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    Where does 6 million come from? 2.1 + 2.7 = 6? No wonder our recruitment is all over the shop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 97
    900k a year for Tom! Crazy

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,245 / 32
    Go Bozo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 97
    Thats for 2018-2020. Doesn't include next year upgrade . Not sure how much they will be on next year. Toms extension is for 900k a year for 3 years! Jake 700k a year for additional 3 years

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  13. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    So 1.2 for one year for both.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    Sorry to upset you Bob Fulton supporters,but this deal was done a month ago.Weidler and the boards lap dog, Dean Ritchie,have been orchestrating this for a while.Sack a much loved and honest player in Buhrer,get fan backlash,create panic by suggesting another club,Dragons of course because they're after everyone,are chasing them,then make Fulton look the hero by staving off others and re-sign them.Its great news they've re-signed,but let's not get carried away with the efforts of Fulton

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 60
    Yeah good for Fulton, he re-signed obvious talents that never wanted to go anywhere else. What a coup. He's still a ****wit in my opinion.

But yes, of course I'm stoked to keep these boys. and I don't think that's stupid money either. Both are worth every penny. Go Manly.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,410 / 257
    Awesome news!

Save the spin and tin foil **** for another day.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Some people are never happy - this is great news

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 1
  18. Harry Smith

Harry Smith I think i'm actually a bloody Sea Eagle

Ratings:
    +734 / 75
    Have plenty of our best locked up long term now like dce, tapau and the turbos. Makes it all the more likely that we'll have a few good years to come seeing that we can build a side around a number of players of which will play the role of the core for us

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  19. Bearfax

Bearfax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,660 / 75
    Credit where credit is due. Well done Fulton. Along with the Green signing, your efforts are beginning to shine again. Not happy about Buhrer and Knight, but you get a big plus from me for securing the Trbojevics.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 97
    Yep. Something around there is weilder is accurate