Tooves on NRL 360

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hear that? That's the sound of the door shutting as the last of our sponsors abandon us.
Wronggggggg
We will lose far more sponsors by losing. Winning is paramount to EVERYTHING, we lose all year we lose sponsors. Full stop.
No one likes sponsoring losers, they don't want there brand associated with that. Brands like winners.

As someone who is involved in significant sponsorship activities whilst results do factor they are not the only requirement

Wronggggggg
We will lose far more sponsors by losing. Winning is paramount to EVERYTHING, we lose all year we lose sponsors. Full stop.
No one likes sponsoring losers, they don't want there brand associated with that. Brands like winners.
Sure we will. Sponsors are not interested in brand exposure. They are more interested in being associated with a winning team because that makes their product more marketable.

I'm a bit confused though. How have Souths always managed good sponsorship deals even though they were a basket case for 4 decades and never won shyte until last year? The same could be said for a few other teams that have not enjoyed the same amount of success as us. In fact why did they seem to get better sponsorship deals than us without following it up with success on the field?

Yes lets remove any chance of exposure for sponsors at a time where we don't have a major sponsor beyond this season. Genius.

As someone who is involved in significant sponsorship activities whilst results do factor they are not the only requirement
No but they are a significant factor. A company sponsor two teams....
One finishes first and the other last....who's going to get a better deal when negotiations come back round?

That is just too simplistic. There are a number of other factors involved apart from results

Sure we will. Sponsors are not interested in brand exposure. They are more interested in being associated with a winning team because that makes their product more marketable.

I'm a bit confused though. How have Souths always managed good sponsorship deals even though they were a basket case for 4 decades and never won shyte until last year? The same could be said for a few other teams that have not enjoyed the same amount of success as us. In fact why did they seem to get better sponsorship deals than us without following it up with success on the field?

Yes lets remove any chance of exposure for sponsors at a time where we don't have a major sponsor beyond this season. Genius.
Wronggggg
Souths didn't always have good sponsorship, genius.Souths were are basket case off the field as well, genius.
So you think all our players being interviewed and saying completely different things looks good?
Or the coach being made to look a fool on nrl360 looks good??
Yeah let's make our whole club look mentally retarded, definately bring money in.
Good work genius

That is just too simplistic. There are a number of other factors involved apart from results
It is a simplistic way to look at it Isz, I agree more goes into it. But winning makes a difference to sporting teams and sportsman.

This place is getting too cannibalistic.

Toovey is good on the show and I enjoy watching him, go onto any other supporters forum and the vast majority of other fans say even though they hate Manly they enjoy watching Tooves, they admire his passion for the club and the game and think he's a good bloke.

I don't see what the problem with him being on NRL 360. I am happy to see Tooves on the show and say what he thinks. Anything anyone does in relation to Manly of late is doing something wrong. The fact our coach is on the show is great and cudos to him because the way the team has been performing etc he doesn't have an easy job. Even Paul Kent doesn't stick the boot into him and even sticks up for him from time to time.

The fact he makes himself accessible to the media shows that he doesn't hide and has no fear. Shows a lot of backbone hence ppl respect him both Manly and Opposing fans

A mate of mine is sort of in this game and he tells me the most important thing is how many times your logo is shown on TV, so " sort of " relates to success as in the side running last almost never appears on FTA in prime time.

He said they sit there ( how I don't know ) and calculate how many times a logo or message appears on TV and for how long, so it's all about " minutes" and FTA counts more than PFV as its a bigger audience watching.

Then they provide that to the clubs ( at a cost) to pitch to advertisers.

Obviously the big FTA regulars , Broncos, Souths , Roosters and Bulldogs get a significant benefit.

How true this is I don't know but have to say it sounds logical .

Souths are, rightly or wrong perceived to be the peoples team, the team of the working class, all of this makes me want to vomit, but it's reality.
What saved Souths in the long run was getting kicked out of the competition in 1999, if they weren't kicked out they would have just withered on the vine and died, they had no money, sponsors, decent playerss or supporters,instead with Piggin's push to reinstate them it galvanised supporters they never knew existed.
Now they have become the darlings of the NRL, channel Nine, and a whole host of sponsors who get favourable exposure, it's all about exposure.

A mate of mine is sort of in this game and he tells me the most important thing is how many times your logo is shown on TV, so " sort of " relates to success as in the side running last almost never appears on FTA in prime time.

He said they sit there ( how I don't know ) and calculate how many times a logo or message appears on TV and for how long, so it's all about " minutes" and FTA counts more than PFV as its a bigger audience watching.

Then they provide that to the clubs ( at a cost) to pitch to advertisers.

Obviously the big FTA regulars , Broncos, Souths , Roosters and Bulldogs get a significant benefit.

How true this is I don't know but have to say it sounds logical .

Part of it is the exposure generated but there is also access to databases, corporate opportunities...and more

No but they are a significant factor. A company sponsor two teams....
One finishes first and the other last....who's going to get a better deal when negotiations come back round?

If the last placed team is Brisbane and first is Cronulla, I'd still say the spoon team gets a better deal.

His best just does not compare to Robinson, Maguire, Hasler, Cleary, et al . . .
Not every year that Hasler was in control was a great one 2009 and 2010 were very rubbish years from memory. Both years with plenty of Injuries I remember losing the semi to the Dragons in 2009 because we had 10 players out. And like this situation it was nothing to do with Hasler just bad injuries.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7