Tom Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely T-red is better value than leary?

We are still getting rid of players yet we have a horror injury toll. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe making way for Jamil Hopoate to come back?

My favourite memory of TRed was in 2013 preliminary final against Souths when he charged down a kick and scored our match winner, I was at that game in the members stand and had 2 other Manly supporters around us rest was Souths scum, oh how we gave it to them after that try was scored, as they were about to leave they knew who was going to the GF and won the game.

That is a game I will never forget as long as I live, great night to be a Manly supporter.

Thanks for the memories TRed you are going to be missed.

Last edited:
What a pathetic bunch this current administration is.
They treat T-Red, one of our favourite players, with contempt, and us like mushrooms.
It's fine for them to send out countless emails pleading for us to buy memberships, game day tickets or merchandise. But they don't have the decency to give T-Red an appropriate send off and an explanation to us as to why he is being shafted.

Handy player, could run a good line, had the brains ! Served us well !
I cant say he reached his full potential !

In saying that if you wanna win comps, you need damaging ball runners and defenders ! He is not the ultimate back rower ! But very handy and capable ! Would have him starting before Lewis Brown any day !

But if we want to win comps we need someone that bends the line and hurts his opponents in defence !

Wish you all the best mate ! Served our club very well brother !

The bloke was a class player. Wasnt the most durable but had a footballing brain in his head. Can't understand what's happening at the club at the moment. I can't be bothered even watching the games after yesterday. Sad to say but all this agenda driven **** has finally done me in.

Your tougher than that top end. Don't let these arseholes beat you.

Your tougher than that top end. Don't let these arseholes beat you.

Thanks but I need a break. I love the team. I loved them last year. Loved JSL. TRED even cheered for Mason who I hadn't respected for a long time. Watching Jake T come through last year was incredible. But I also appreciated what Ligi Sao showed. And when it was clear injuries and a small forward pack and a grumpy 5/8 meant we wouldn't play finals I loved watching our twenties win. It's a different feel this year. I'm not going to plan any more weekends around Manly games. Hell they will be all Monday nights for a while. I'll go camping or fishing and catch up on them later.

Finally a statement from the club: http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/06/15/huddersfield_giants_.af_news.html

Huddersfield Giants have signed Manly backrower Tom Symonds on a three and a half year contract.

The 27-year-old is in the UK and training with the Giants ahead of their game with Salford on Friday.

Symonds said he enjoyed his time at the Sea Eagles.

“I am very proud to have worn the maroon and white for the past four seasons,’’ Symonds said.

“It has been a great honour to play alongside many champion players and we have had some real highlights along the way.

“I would like to thank the Sea Eagles Members and fans for their support during my time at the Club. It was an honour to play for you.

“I wish the Sea Eagles all the best for the remainder of the season and for the future. I’m now looking forward to the next chapter of my rugby league career.

"Coming over to the UK was something I have always wanted to do. I sat down and really thought about it and decided it was the best option for me going forward and I'm excited for the new experience on the other side of the world.”

Manly Coach Trent Barrett thanked Symonds for his time at the Sea Eagles.

"Tom has been a fantastic member of our playing squad and a great contributor for the Club over the past few seasons,’’ Barrett said.

“We wish Tom all the best in the future and thank him for what he did at Manly.”

Giants Head Coach Paul Anderson was delighted that the versatile player was now with the squad:

“Tom is a player we enquired about a few years back but he was still making his way in the NRL then and since then has gone on to establish himself at Manly,’’ Anderson said.

“We have been looking for a back rower for a considerable period so we were particularly pleased when one of our hundreds of calls down under proved fruitful in that Tom was looking for a fresh start in the UK.”

I really do hope a "does good". Was a great asset on and off the paddock and deserved better than the treatment he received this year.

Finally a statement from the club: http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/06/15/huddersfield_giants_.af_news.html

Huddersfield Giants have signed Manly backrower Tom Symonds on a three and a half year contract.

The 27-year-old is in the UK and training with the Giants ahead of their game with Salford on Friday.

Symonds said he enjoyed his time at the Sea Eagles.

“I am very proud to have worn the maroon and white for the past four seasons,’’ Symonds said.

“It has been a great honour to play alongside many champion players and we have had some real highlights along the way.

“I would like to thank the Sea Eagles Members and fans for their support during my time at the Club. It was an honour to play for you.

“I wish the Sea Eagles all the best for the remainder of the season and for the future. I’m now looking forward to the next chapter of my rugby league career.

"Coming over to the UK was something I have always wanted to do. I sat down and really thought about it and decided it was the best option for me going forward and I'm excited for the new experience on the other side of the world.”

Manly Coach Trent Barrett thanked Symonds for his time at the Sea Eagles.

"Tom has been a fantastic member of our playing squad and a great contributor for the Club over the past few seasons,’’ Barrett said.

“We wish Tom all the best in the future and thank him for what he did at Manly.”

Giants Head Coach Paul Anderson was delighted that the versatile player was now with the squad:

“Tom is a player we enquired about a few years back but he was still making his way in the NRL then and since then has gone on to establish himself at Manly,’’ Anderson said.

“We have been looking for a back rower for a considerable period so we were particularly pleased when one of our hundreds of calls down under proved fruitful in that Tom was looking for a fresh start in the UK.”

Better then Brown and Leary combined.
Probably at a 1/4 of the cost of Brown.

All the best Tom

All nice and lovie-dovie but weeks late and they don't address the most pertinent question: Why did Manly release him? If it was to free up cap space then tell us. We'd like to know because T-Red was certainly one of our top 17 players and far better than many of the forwards picked this week.

Good luck to him also. i think it is best for the team also as i don't think he is a regular 1st grader that Manly need for the future.

It's a private matter between employer & employee, why do so many of you "need to know" ha ha. Good luck Rusty, you will do well over there and enjoy yourself champ.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8