Time to Unleash Future Stars!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love how every Manly junior is a potential superstar. We've had plenty of next big things on this forum who have amounted to nothing. It's a massive step up from NYC to NRL. From Dallas Rennie to Addison Demetriou - the road to NRL stardom is littered with road kill.

By the way not many of those you have listed are "home grown".

who is saying they are all the next big things? .... just that we have some great potential in our young contracted players and maybe they should be blooded (when ready), instead of buying old injury prone has beens

When dce played a leading role in our 2011 grand final win it was his first year. In 2010 he had been playing qld cup as Trent hodkinson was our first choice half. In 2011 he was a star. Who is to say that one of those 10 players mentioned won’t shine as bright when thrown into the top grade.

I love how every Manly junior is a potential superstar. We've had plenty of next big things on this forum who have amounted to nothing. It's a massive step up from NYC to NRL. From Dallas Rennie to Addison Demetriou - the road to NRL stardom is littered with road kill.

True. But Manly's Under 20s of 2017 were the most successful we've had. They achieved the ultimate prize, superseding the crop that included DCE, FOURan, Buhrer, The Hyphenator, Lussick, Hoppa Jnr, Lama Tasi... and certainly others I can't think of now.

If they played in Manly U20’s and make grade I will take it as pretty much home grown....time will tell but I’m confident- most of this stuff is opinion based so 1 of us will be Wright.

Wright for starters - is not 2-3 years away....will get a shot early as 2018 - not 2020.
Well said Maxta . We do have young talent and if your good enough your old enough .
Some are panicking on here because we dont have any new signings but if they stop panicking and start thinking they will realize that we are in a good place with the young talented players we have in our roster .
We have young talented players waiting in the wings to fly in the NRL
We have 850 grand to spend
We are the mighty Sea eagles who always overcame adversity in our great and proud history
Baz has said that he has money and will use it wisely and not over spend like the desperate Knights .
Those who are patient and sit back and wait often get the best results .
Why Panic ???
dontpanic.jpg

He is probably better credentialed than Kelly was last year who went ok - what makes you so sure?
Hope you enjoy some egg on your face when it happens- tbc
In a better position than Kelly when he debuted? I highly doubt that, in fact that is completely wrong. Brian was representing junior NSW, Junior Kangaroos, dominating at that level and the under 20s comp, he earned his spot easy.

Tom while he has huge potential and obvious talent he cant string good performances together. One week he looks ready the next you wonder what he is doing in rugby league. He cant defend at the moment either which is a huge worry and shows he isnt ready especially to play a position he is only just starting to discover. I love what this kid has and what he could turn into, we have seen it in many games across his short career but he is far from ready. Its not his age that is the worry its his ability. If you are good enough you are old enough but its a case of not good enough and consistent enough just yet.

In a better position than Kelly when he debuted? I highly doubt that, in fact that is completely wrong. Brian was representing junior NSW, Junior Kangaroos, dominating at that level and the under 20s comp, he earned his spot easy.

Tom while he has huge potential and obvious talent he cant string good performances together. One week he looks ready the next you wonder what he is doing in rugby league. He cant defend at the moment either which is a huge worry and shows he isnt ready especially to play a position he is only just starting to discover. I love what this kid has and what he could turn into, we have seen it in many games across his short career but he is far from ready. Its not his age that is the worry its his ability. If you are good enough you are old enough but its a case of not good enough and consistent enough just yet.

Turbo, Maxta is on the money. Tom has shown he has the ability to play first grade. If you didn't play NRL due to inconsistency then well maybe we could just roll out Jake every week because he is the only one who is consistent. Dont know how many times DCE has frustrated me with his inconsistency, Tom Turbo is super inconsistent still along with the rest of our team. But both DCE and Turbo are freaks that can do things others can't ... enter T Wright. What he did to the best team in the NYC comp, Cronulla this year is the difference between good NYC players and NRL players. Kelly's consistency is all over the place look at the beating he cops on these forums as evidence.

In terms of their NYC careers, Yes Kelly made Jnr Kangas and NSW but this is age based football a number of players picked for these rep teams never play a game of NRL. Some years are weak in positions and others strong, no slight on Kelly's selection but hardly a barometer for NRL success. You said he dominated at NYC? Really? did you ever watch Kelly? you also said T Wright cant defend? A quick look at their NYC stats would alert you to the fact that Maxta isn't "completely wrong" in actual fact he is right. in 2017 Wright averaged 11.9 tackles and missed 2.2 tackles a game so 16% missed. Kelly in 2016 made 9.9 tackles a game and missed 2.5 tackles a game so missed 20%. That was an improvement for Kelly as he missed 24% of tackles in 2015 through 21 games. Wright tops Kelly in just about every other statistical category in their NYC careers. So if Kelly dominated NYC what about T Wright? and if Kelly was ready for NRL why not T Wright given he was statistically better while T Wright is also bigger and faster and I believe a more naturally gifted athlete. Will you still get inconsistency with T Wright? Absolutely but who don't we get inconsistency with outside of Jake?

Give him the shot, and throw in Paseka off the bench.

Turbo, Maxta is on the money. Tom has shown he has the ability to play first grade. If you didn't play NRL due to inconsistency then well maybe we could just roll out Jake every week because he is the only one who is consistent. Dont know how many times DCE has frustrated me with his inconsistency, Tom Turbo is super inconsistent still along with the rest of our team. But both DCE and Turbo are freaks that can do things others can't ... enter T Wright. What he did to the best team in the NYC comp, Cronulla this year is the difference between good NYC players and NRL players. Kelly's consistency is all over the place look at the beating he cops on these forums as evidence.

In terms of their NYC careers, Yes Kelly made Jnr Kangas and NSW but this is age based football a number of players picked for these rep teams never play a game of NRL. Some years are weak in positions and others strong, no slight on Kelly's selection but hardly a barometer for NRL success. You said he dominated at NYC? Really? did you ever watch Kelly? you also said T Wright cant defend? A quick look at their NYC stats would alert you to the fact that Maxta isn't "completely wrong" in actual fact he is right. in 2017 Wright averaged 11.9 tackles and missed 2.2 tackles a game so 16% missed. Kelly in 2016 made 9.9 tackles a game and missed 2.5 tackles a game so missed 20%. That was an improvement for Kelly as he missed 24% of tackles in 2015 through 21 games. Wright tops Kelly in just about every other statistical category in their NYC careers. So if Kelly dominated NYC what about T Wright? and if Kelly was ready for NRL why not T Wright given he was statistically better while T Wright is also bigger and faster and I believe a more naturally gifted athlete. Will you still get inconsistency with T Wright? Absolutely but who don't we get inconsistency with outside of Jake?

Give him the shot, and throw in Paseka off the bench.
Lets be real here, Wright has played 4 or 5 good games at NYC level. The rest well he wasnt noticed, at all. Thats the truth we can not deny that, he struggles big time to string performances together at NYC level. Id like to see a full season of good performances from in the holden cup before calling him the next big thing. And stop compairing him to established NRL players because the players you mentioned beside Kelly all played well all season. Rarely had a bad game

Lets be real here, Wright has played 4 or 5 good games at NYC level. The rest well he wasnt noticed, at all. Thats the truth we can not deny that, he struggles big time to string performances together at NYC level. Id like to see a full season of good performances from in the holden cup before calling him the next big thing. And stop compairing him to established NRL players because the players you mentioned beside Kelly all played well all season. Rarely had a bad game
Well it’s easy to judge.
You say we won’t hear those above mentioned names until 2020, I say 2018.....big difference....1 of us is way off the mark.....but I forgive you.

Well it’s easy to judge.
You say we won’t hear those above mentioned names until 2020, I say 2018.....big difference....1 of us is way off the mark.....but I forgive you.
No need to get angry mate its just a discussion. Its pretty obvious we will have a couple of debutants this season but it doesnt make them ready.

No need to get angry mate its just a discussion. Its pretty obvious we will have a couple of debutants this season but it doesnt make them ready.
1 of us will be way off the mark is angry?
Don’t jump off a cliff over it.
You now think there will be some of these blokes playing in 2018 ??

Last edited:
and you can add Jade Anderson, Tevita Funa and 'Fred' Titmuss ... and a few others ie Blake Andrews, Bilal Maarbani, Jaiden Tarrant ... yes the future looks bright

I agree Nightster. In particular Anderson impresses me. Lots of natural skill, speed, strength, but also mongrel and a willingness to get involved. He plays very well outside Tom Wright. I think they are potential stars. There are also a couple of forwards who look the goods.

Lets be real here, Wright has played 4 or 5 good games at NYC level. The rest well he wasnt noticed, at all. Thats the truth we can not deny that, he struggles big time to string performances together at NYC level. Id like to see a full season of good performances from in the holden cup before calling him the next big thing. And stop compairing him to established NRL players because the players you mentioned beside Kelly all played well all season. Rarely had a bad gam

Turbo, I realise you are young although when you make statements like your first 2 sentences and add "thats the truth and no one can deny it" you leave yourself open. I can only assume that you have only see Wright play on 5 occasions this year. To give you some insight into his season Im happy to provide with some more stats freely available before you make these comment from nrl.com and see if in the "rest well he wasnt noticed".

Wright scored in 12 games this season scoring 2 or more in 5 games. In games he didn't score he had try assists in 9 games with 2 or more ta's in 3 games he didn't score a try. He ran for over 100m in 9 games and over 90m in a further 4 games. to put that into comparison against the top halves in NYC young Flanagan from the sharks managed 100m once. Adam Douehi from Souths and Lebanon managed it twice and Lachlan Lam, Adrians son from Roosters and PNG managed it 6 times. DCE managed it twice. Wright also had Line breaks in 17 games with 2 or more in 6 games.

Long story short it wasnt 4-5 games and then not noticed. And quite obviously based on his influence in so many games I can deny it. Did he have quiet games, absolutely. DCE's 1run for 4 metres against the dogs in the rd 24 loss shows everyone has them. Please refrain in your arguments from making blanket statements. By all means put in a IMO because everyone is entitled to theirs especially when we are on forums like this.

Ultimately I like to be positive I think Wright, Paseka, Fainu and Olakau'atu can have huge futures for us and sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
and you can add Jade Anderson, Tevita Funa and 'Fred' Titmuss ... and a few others ie Blake Andrews, Bilal Maarbani, Jaiden Tarrant ... yes the future looks bright
Nightsar my good man - you pulled my pants down with a good call - all “Huge Potential”.
The centre Vuna is a gun and the other centre from that U20’s side was a bloke with huge ability also - needs a bit of prodding, but a Kata from NZ bustling type player...Jade Anderson - pure speed and evasion - similar to the Storm type wingers.
Well played mate - you are on the money!

Turbo, I realise you are young although when you make statements like your first 2 sentences and add "thats the truth and no one can deny it" you leave yourself open. I can only assume that you have only see Wright play on 5 occasions this year. To give you some insight into his season Im happy to provide with some more stats freely available before you make these comment from nrl.com and see if in the "rest well he wasnt noticed".

Wright scored in 12 games this season scoring 2 or more in 5 games. In games he didn't score he had try assists in 9 games with 2 or more ta's in 3 games he didn't score a try. He ran for over 100m in 9 games and over 90m in a further 4 games. to put that into comparison against the top halves in NYC young Flanagan from the sharks managed 100m once. Adam Douehi from Souths and Lebanon managed it twice and Lachlan Lam, Adrians son from Roosters and PNG managed it 6 times. DCE managed it twice. Wright also had Line breaks in 17 games with 2 or more in 6 games.

Long story short it wasnt 4-5 games and then not noticed. And quite obviously based on his influence in so many games I can deny it. Did he have quiet games, absolutely. DCE's 1run for 4 metres against the dogs in the rd 24 loss shows everyone has them. Please refrain in your arguments from making blanket statements. By all means put in a IMO because everyone is entitled to theirs especially when we are on forums like this.

Ultimately I like to be positive I think Wright, Paseka, Fainu and Olakau'atu can have huge futures for us and sooner rather than later.
Now compairing Wright a running 6 to halfbacks is silly. And saying an nrl player who plays 1 or 2 bad games a year is inconsistent is off the mark. Wright is very similar to Shaun johnson, not only in ability but also workrate and consistency. Plays 1 good game every 4 games and floats in and out of games. I love Tom wright for sure has a future at the club. 3 years is a stretch but he still has a little bit to go in my opinion. Especially to play 6 this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8