time to go tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In my opinion it is obvious what is wrong with the team,apart from injuries. It is not the coach, who is an absolute legend, smart as they come whare coaching record speaks for itself, or the forwards, who more than hold their own and play with guts and enthusiasm, and skill. Not sure if the halves are injured, but they are certainly playing like that. Very disappointing. Need to take a long hard look at themselves if they are not injured. How do they want to be remembered in their last season with Manly? As legends who made legitimate commercial decisions under pressure of overwhelming financial inducements, but left with dignity intact and without blame, or as flashy lightweights, never, ever to be mentioned in the same breath as Lyon, Kite, Gifty, Ballin or Snake by any Manly supporter? The choice is now theirs. Theirs alone. Their play is just not up to scratch at present and it is letting themselves, the team and its tens of thousands of supporters down. They also need to know this. Tens of thousands of supporters pay hard earned money to watch the team and invest time and emotional capital in it - they are well entitled to give their opinion on players in the team if they are think they are not up to standard. Hope they buck up and play like they mean it, if they are not injured. Or give their jerseys back. They will forever belong to the memory of Gibbsy and Thommo, Blake, Hasler,Toovey and Lyons, not them, ever, unless they start playing with heart.

This is one of the crappiest post ever.
I can't understand why a troll's post be allowed to flourish.

These kind of anti-Manly posts are designed with one purpose ONLY:
1. To destabilize our club and
2. To take us down by attempting to bad mouth one of our greatest and truest of Manly men.

These subversive tactics are indicative of how effective they are as they have been conducive with certain fickle fans.
-

Mate, don't know how you can judge him on this year so far? Toove's has got a team that is busted with injuries every week and the two halves have their minds on next year and couldn't give a **** about Manly. Be hard for any coach to be getting wins with all that.
It isn't just this season. It's the back half of last season. Its the team selections, the bench rotation, the one dimensional game plans, hell it's the vibe.

Last edited:
Mate, don't know how you can judge him on this year so far? Toove's has got a team that is busted with injuries every week and the two halves have their minds on next year and couldn't give a **** about Manly. Be hard for any coach to be getting wins with all that.
Mate you replied to my post back in April.Has anyrhing changed since then we were almost full strength last night & still last.Surely even you must agree now we need a change of coach.

So 1 game where we were only missing 4 players against a side on fire...

There wouldn't be a coach left after 3 years with you turncoats

I was on here calling for toovs head after listening to game after watching it wow.
no one is putting in.
A few points
* this smells like 99 the end of great era, our leaders playing busted and simply look past it. This has been happening for 12 months now.
* DALY has a lot on weight on his shoulders now give how much of cap he takes up.
* our pack is pathetic worst I have seen since bad old days of 99 to 03.
* thus season is a write off and don't expect anything to change.
* bozo and Warrick have some tough calls to make at season end. I really believe most of the pack will be cut Mateo and Mason terrible.
* is there enough in cap if we cut most of pack for going at bird.

I was on here calling for toovs head after listening to game after watching it wow.
no one is putting in.
A few points
* this smells like 99 the end of great era, our leaders playing busted and simply look past it. This has been happening for 12 months now.
* DALY has a lot on weight on his shoulders now give how much of cap he takes up.
* our pack is pathetic worst I have seen since bad old days of 99 to 03.
* thus season is a write off and don't expect anything to change.
* bozo and Warrick have some tough calls to make at season end. I really believe most of the pack will be cut Mateo and Mason terrible.
* is there enough in cap if we cut most of pack for going at bird.

I think next season could be different:-
08. Jake Trbojevic (best of our current crop)
09. Matt Ballin (hopefully with Hodges off the bench)
10. Darcy Lussick (new - different to this season)
11. Nate Mylers (new - different to this season)
12. Tom Symonds (should always be a starter)
13. Jamie Buhrer (have not had him this season - different to this season)

14. Jayden Hodges (will provide the spark we need - different to this season)
15. Brenton Lawrence (back - different to this season)
16. Ligi Sao (had enough of Burgess - he's garbage)
17. Feleti Mateo (bench impact)

So that's vastly different to what we are seeing right now. Hopefully whoever is coach doesn't make the same dumb mistakes Toovey does.

I think next season could be different:-
08. Jake Trbojevic (best of our current crop)
09. Matt Ballin (hopefully with Hodges off the bench)
10. Darcy Lussick (new - different to this season)
11. Nate Mylers (new - different to this season)
12. Tom Symonds (should always be a starter)
13. Jamie Buhrer (have not had him this season - different to this season)

14. Jayden Hodges (will provide the spark we need - different to this season)
15. Brenton Lawrence (back - different to this season)
16. Ligi Sao (had enough of Burgess - he's garbage)
17. Feleti Mateo (bench impact)

So that's vastly different to what we are seeing right now. Hopefully whoever is coach doesn't make the same dumb mistakes Toovey does.
Our tactics have not changed since Des in attack, too predictable. Should have little plays in and around ruck utilize space in behind markers. The shift to killer is simply way too predictable. This comes from a 9 who simply never has defence thinking at all this needs to change.

This season has been wrecked by injuries and off field drama. It is a write off and I will consider not getting the spoon a successful year.

But next year we will have a better pack and hopefully more stability. Also hopefully a more complete coaching staff, whatever that might end up meaning.

It seems like Tooves has just been riding on the coat tails of Hasler's innovation and we are regressing under him. I hope he gets a new position from the club but it looks like he can't continue as our coach.

I see barrett and anybody else who wants a successful career turning the job down unfortunately we are stuck with Toovey.

Most of our core players are over the hill Ballin,Snake,Matai,Lyon and hell we even signed Myles to add to dad's army.

If I'm a young coach I wouldn't sign because the team if we are honest is on the slide and the new coach would destroy his career. Sad because tooves should be sacked but if no one else wants the job we are stuck with him.

Any young coach would give his left nut to coach Manly........top of the table or bottom

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8