Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Blowfly said:
Do these damned PM's work?

I've asked too & still waiting!

Could someone PM with the 3.

Cheers!
Im done PM'ing people. Did about 30 today. If you are asking, look back 10 pages in the thread for the first 30 people who asked for one, because i messaged them and they know now. Hit them up. Im out

For the record, the info did not come from a young schmuck looking for an attention seeking kick. It came from a grown adult 'close to the board'. Although i will always have a small amount of skepticism less i hear the words actually coming out of a Manly officials mouth.

All 3 names are believable (pep's are not just about mass building, they are also great for injury rehab..). The 3rd name most didnt expect, well i dont think its that much of a surprise when you consider a few years ago pep's were not on the banned list, so hey why wouldnt he use them? They're ok to use if they arent on the list, arent they? You cant blame the straightest of people for thinking that, no rules are being broken. And what most people also dont understand is that they are actually a therapeutic supplement - they will improve your quality of life and health. If its not banned and improves your quality of life, why wouldnt you take it? They have been painted by our clueless media as being on the same level as anabolic steroids. Our media in reporting all this on peptides has been like the blind leading the blind - horribly inaccurate and out of their league.

Years ago, when the line concerning pep's had not been drawn by ASADA, how did players know not to cross that line? If they took them after ASADA added it to the banned list in '11, well then thats a situation i dont like at all

f
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/phone-taps-put-sharks-under-pressure-20130314-2g3mc.html

March 15, 2013
Brad Walter
Chief Rugby League Writer

A number of Manly players are also believed to be facing drugs bans, including one whose name Fairfax had been told was listed in the Australian Crime Commission report into doping and match-fixing with Darren Hibbitt, who has admitted supplying substances to players at three NRL clubs.

Hibbitt, an owner of Advanced Sports Nutrition, told the ABC 7.30 program on Wednesday that he had sold supplements to players at Cronulla and Manly in the car park of the club's training grounds. He also said his client list included at least one Cowboys player.

Fairfax understands ASADA's evidence against players includes credit card receipts for the purchase of banned substances and recorded phone conversations from phone taps.

With the ACC having conducted an investigation for more than 12 months before publicly releasing a report last month, it is believed that a lot of the evidence has already been collected and ASADA is now trying to gain confessions.

Lord Eagleton said:
Blowfly said:

Cheers!
Im done PM'ing people. Did about 30 today. If you are asking, look back 10 pages in the thread for the first 30 people who asked for one, because i messaged them and they know now. Hit them up. Im out

For the record, the info did not come from a young schmuck looking for an attention seeking kick. It came from a grown adult 'close to the board'. Although i will always have a small amount of skepticism less i hear the words actually coming out of a Manly officials mouth.

All 3 names are believable (pep's are not just about mass building, they are also great for injury rehab..). The 3rd name most didnt expect, well i dont think its that much of a surprise when you consider a few years ago pep's were not on the banned list, so hey why wouldnt he use them? They're ok to use if they arent on the list, arent they? You cant blame the straightest of people for thinking that, no rules are being broken. And what most people also dont understand is that they are actually a therapeutic supplement - they will improve your quality of life and health. If its not banned and improves your quality of life, why wouldnt you take it? They have been painted by our clueless media as being on the same level as anabolic steroids. Our media in reporting all this on peptides has been like the blind leading the blind - horribly inaccurate and out of their league.

Years ago, when the line concerning pep's had not been drawn by ASADA, how did players know not to cross that line? If they took them after ASADA added it to the banned list in '11, well then thats a situation i dont like at all

^this..... I cringe when I hear people talking about peptides as 'juice' and players getting ' bigger and stronger' peptides are mainly used for muscle recovery/ tissue repair and as said above quality of life and anti aging.....

Blowfly said:

Cheers!

Shouldn't you be telling us, you're the one with the connections ;) Haven't heard anything yourself ??

Lord Eagleton said:
Blowfly said:

Cheers!

He's phrowing in the towel!

Napper said:
voicefromthehill said:
bones said:
voicefromthehill said:
Napper said:
A phrankfurt is my limit.

Whatever tickles your phancy

I'm worried about Naphpher.

He seems to have a philthy phantasy. At least it doesn't involve a philly

Well you phuckers have well and truly hijacked this phread.

So it's all just a phishing expedition

sardine.gif

The PM that I got had these three:

smsmileys32.gif

Equine intervention: Sharks leave the stable door open
Date March 15, 2013
Brad Walter

SIN BIN

Rumours that Cronulla players were using so-called ''horse drugs'' began after one member of the squad allegedly asked what ''equine'' meant. Fairfax Media reported four weeks ago in an article headlined ''Bitter Pills'' that the Australian Crime Commission was believed to have investigated claims an NRL player had been given a substance labelled ''for equine use only'', and Sin Bin can confirm he played for Cronulla in 2011. Fairfax Media also reported last week that Sharks players faced doping bans over the use of CJC-1295 and Thymosin Beta-4, which is used with horses, and departed Cronulla chairman Damian Irvine confirmed the allegations last Sunday. Sin Bin has been told by several sources that the use of the substances in 2011 came to a head after one player, who is no longer at the club, asked what the word ''equine'' meant. Some in the Sharks' camp laughed at him for not knowing, but the incident is understood to have played a role in the departure of sports scientist Stephen Dank.

Sponsors jittery

Cronulla's decision to reject a sponsorship deal with Tynan Motors comes amid revelations that some smaller sponsors are getting cold feet. Sin Bin is aware of one sponsor who has been questioning whether the Sharks were aware of the fallout from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority investigation before the company agreed to a six-figure deal with the club, and others are believed to also be jittery.

Gallen feels the heat

Advertisement The toll of the drugs scandal at Cronulla can be seen on Paul Gallen. The NSW Origin star was clearly exhausted after Sunday night's match against Gold Coast - and it was not because of the 31 tackles and 25 runs for 202 metres he made. Acting Sharks coach Peter Sharp gave Gallen two days off training and he was too mentally fatigued to make his regular Tuesday appearance on Sky Sports Radio.

Wildcats worried

Wakefield Wildcats officials are bracing for the doping scandal to reach Super League, as the club has three members of Cronulla's 2011 squad. The trio, Paul Aiton, Dean Collis and Tim Smith, have told Wildcats coach Richard Agar they are yet to hear from ASADA.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/equine-intervention-sharks-leave-the-stable-door-open-20130314-2g3mb.html#ixzz2NW6PCqgZ

Phone taps put Sharks under pressure
Date March 15, 2013 (0) Read later
Brad Walter

Credit card receipts and recorded phone conversations may be tabled as evidence when Cronulla players begin meeting Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority investigators next week.

Despite complaints from federal Sports Minister Kate Lundy that the Sharks had not made any of their players available to be interviewed, Fairfax Media understands that ASADA and legal representatives for the players had agreed last week to a process and time frame for that to occur.

Further talk between ASADA and the player representatives, who Cronulla officials insist have been operating at arm's length from the club since their appointment, are set to continue next week.

Up to 14 Sharks players are then expected to become the first from the NRL to be interviewed by ASADA over the doping scandal that threatens to destroy Cronulla's season.

Advertisement A number of Manly players are also believed to be facing drugs bans, including one whose name Fairfax had been told was listed in the Australian Crime Commission report into doping and match-fixing with Darren Hibbitt, who has admitted supplying substances to players at three NRL clubs.

Hibbitt, an owner of Advanced Sports Nutrition, told the ABC 7.30 program on Wednesday that he had sold supplements to players at Cronulla and Manly in the car park of the club's training grounds. He also said his client list included at least one Cowboys player.

Fairfax understands ASADA's evidence against players includes credit card receipts for the purchase of banned substances and recorded phone conversations from phone taps.

With the ACC having conducted an investigation for more than 12 months before publicly releasing a report last month, it is believed that a lot of the evidence has already been collected and ASADA is now trying to gain confessions.

Sharks players last week rejected an offer of a six-month ban if they plead guilty to taking performance enhancing substances but some may change their minds after

meeting ASADA investigators. The deal was negotiated by former ASADA chief counsel Richard Redman, who was appointed by the club to represent the players, and he had initially indicated that they had little to worry about. But after learning of the evidence against them, he advised the players to accept the six-month bans.

''What the players need to ask themselves is whether they were told what the substances were, did they know it was illegal, are there phone taps of them discussing it, are there credit card receipts of them buying it, are there any witnesses who have given evidence that they knew what they were doing was illegal. If they answer yes to any of those questions then six months could be seen as a good deal for them,'' a source close to the investigation told Fairfax.

''On the other hand, if it was provided for them, they were assured it was legal and they accepted what they were told then they should stand up for themselves. They are decisions each player has to make for themselves.''

After the termination of controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank's involvement with the club on May 29, 2011, Cronulla players were told not to have any further contact with him, but there are suspicions that three players did maintain a relationship.

However Dank said he had not stayed in contact with players he knew from his stints at Manly and the Sharks. ''Once I left an NRL team I had no contact with any of their players in any capacity,'' he said in a statement to Channel Nine.

Dank also denied supplying players at Cronulla with any ''horse drugs'', saying: ''I don't know where that has come from. I have never advised a single player to use them or, worse, told them to take them.''

Channel Nine reported that Dank said he had a close working relationship with former Manly coach Des Hasler during his five years at the club from 2006 to 2010.

He also said Cronulla's high-performance staff knew about the club's use of peptides.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/phone-taps-put-sharks-under-pressure-20130314-2g3mc.html#ixzz2NW6oMYUq

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8