Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nope, Cronulla players copped the ban handed out by ASADA which WADA also accepted so they are done with. Essendon & the AFL dismissed what ASADA handed out which prompted WADA to step in to force the issue. Tough luck on the players but the AFL gambled here and lost.

Correct. Cronulla basically played ball with ASADA, they copped their suspensions and are done with it. Essendon on the other hand have done nothing but deny deny deny and are now paying the price for it. The arrogance shown by both the Essendon Football Club and the AFL has come back to bite them on the arse with WADA handing out 12 month player suspensions.

And its not just Essendon who will be affected. The AFL are allowing them to recruit 10 players to 'top up' their list. Some will come from their reserves team in the VFL, but the rest are most likely to come from the SA and WA leagues (basically the VFL, SANFL and WAFL are far and away the strongest Aussie rules leagues outside the AFL so its logical they'll look there for players.....hell, they do anyway) and that is going to hurt those clubs there that lose players, especially only a couple of months out from the start of the 2016 season.

Don't get me wrong, if someone gets the chance to be on an AFL club list because of this and they end up making a go of it then seriously, good luck to them. But again its a case of the AFL making decisions about things that will potentially (and usually do) screw over the existing state leagues.

The sad thing for me is that when I bother to watch the AFL....I've been an Essendon fan since the early 80's. And while I do feel sorry for the players who have been suspended, part of me still thinks that they're grown men and had every right to refuse to take any pills or injections (injections which I might point out were fully authorised by the coach James Hird.....and he was one of the loudest in protesting innocence.....). But I have no sympathy for the club, they brought this on themselves and are going to pay the price....literally.

Last edited:
I'm just glad the arrogant AFL got what they deserve, i don't watch the sport nor care for it. So anything negative to them makes me happy. As for the players they'll be fine as the clubs have to honor their contracts as they didn't do anything against club policy and they'll be back.

Nope, Cronulla players copped the ban handed out by ASADA which WADA also accepted so they are done with. Essendon & the AFL dismissed what ASADA handed out which prompted WADA to step in to force the issue. Tough luck on the players but the AFL gambled here and lost.

yeah but....it's cronulla!

As for the players they'll be fine as the clubs have to honor their contracts as they didn't do anything against club policy and they'll be back.
They'll be fine?? Hardly.

To lose 12 months from a professional footballer's career is a huge blow, and probably very hard to come back from.

No doubt there will be a couple who will go off the rails in one way or another as a direct result.

According to the WADA sanctions, the players can attend AFL games, but they can not go into their teams dressing rooms, can't sit in the coaches box and can't sit with club officials (they are also banned from entering their teams club rooms and can only have 'social contact' with anyone from the club). And that's just part of it.

However (and this is where I laugh), they are allowed to get media accreditation and work at AFL games.....and there is talk that both Channel 7 and Foxtel are looking into making Jobe Watson part of their on-air team for 2016 (7 because his dad is already part of that on-air team). Honestly, neither network would be able to use him at Essendon games because any contact he has with them would be on a professional level and he can't go into their change rooms in any case, and in all seriousness (even for non Essendon games) what self respecting club would want him walking into their dressing room pre or post match with a microphone in hand and camera crew in tow? He may be suspended but he's still a contracted Essendon player. It just wouldn't work.

Here is what the players can and can not do according to WADA:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...o/news-story/69f4b470a62579550fcfb731270007c5

They'll be fine?? Hardly.

To lose 12 months from a professional footballer's career is a huge blow, and probably very hard to come back from.

No doubt there will be a couple who will go off the rails in one way or another as a direct result.

They are grown men and it's not like they are going to jail locked up away from any ability to train. Nothing stopping them training themselves or as a group to keep themselves in shape until they come back. If they want to take a break, let go etc that is their choice and probably would make it hard to come back. But for a professional footballer who has had many years of training they should know what the standard drills are and can attend all games in the stands to see what the coach is doing on the field. So yes i think they will be fine :)

The mindset of the AFL and Melbourne clubs in particular is truly mind boggling. The people that ran Essendon are fools. Fancy resigning Hird to a new long term contract while he was serving a ban for illegal drug administration. These idiots like Hird believe in the hype of their retarded one eyed fans so much, that they are ignorant of societies true values.

I rang my 50 year Bombers supporting uncle in Ringwood the other night to get his take. As we have always been pretty good having a one-eyed winge when it came to our respective clubs (not that I give a rat's about afl), but the politics is still the same.....fkn wrong!....they are fkn delusional!....now my old uncle is getting on, and can be forgiven for some of the rhetoric spewing from him. But not all of it. They would have you believe this is nothing short of an alien conspiracy against the greatest sporting team ever to grace a sporting paddock!....I had to use the no 2 excuse in the end...which was quite ironic in itself.
Thankgod I don't have to tune into that reality tv show crap for the rest of the year.

It was a political beat up. The "Blackest Day in Australian Sport" should have been announced yesterday when they actually had something tangible to show for it.
Yeah, right. Then they'd be damned for waiting, and accused of cover-ups.

The NRL and its clubs (well, some of them) have for a while now been a bit of a laughing stock for the way they run things. Its the AFL who always come out looking the more professional.

Not this time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6