Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Brookie said:
born and raised in the ACT bud, i'm a public servant too :p
did a block release uni course in Sydney :angel:

i'm a bit like GI, i studied Qld in geography once at school which qualifies me...lol!

Haha - my sincere apologies for smearing your fine name!

wombatgc said:
Mental note...don't take on SER8.Susan,and VFTH ...
some fine intellectual tennis going on!;)

Wombat, did you not see my argument pertaining to the topic of fat weighing more than muscle?

Dank associate questioned as net widens in NRL doping probe
Date March 23, 2013
Brad Walter
Chief Rugby League Writer

THE NRL doping scandal has moved beyond the period controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank was involved in the game, with several players who were at clubs not among the six named in the Australian Crime Commission report now believed to be under investigation.

While the 31 players to be interviewed by Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority investigators in coming weeks are understood to have either played for Cronulla in 2011 or be from one of the other five clubs, Fairfax Media has been told at least two moved last year from other clubs.

Until now, it had been assumed the investigation centred on links between Dank, who maintains he has done nothing wrong, and the Sharks, Manly, Newcastle, Canberra, North Queensland and Penrith, or players or staff at those clubs at the time of his involvement.

However, Dank has not been associated with an NRL club since parting company with Cronulla on May 29, 2011 and he was employed by AFL club Essendon last year.

Advertisement It has been alleged that some players at the Sharks and Manly, where he worked between 2006 and 2010, maintained contact with Dank against the advice of club officials.

Some players who moved to other clubs are also suspected of doing so, and may have introduced new teammates to Dank.

Players from Cronulla, the Sea Eagles and Cowboys are also alleged to have a relationship with Darren Hibbert, who has been described as an associate of Dank's.

Fairfax Media was told last month that Hibbert's name featured in the ACC report into doping and match fixing in Australian sport but was unable to identify who he was or details of his involvement in the NRL. Hibbert, who is nicknamed ''The Gazelle'', has also denied any wrongdoing.

He is the owner of Advanced Sports Nutrition and supplied supplements through his company to Dank's anti-ageing clinic at Bondi Junction.

He told ABC's 7.30 Report that he had a client list of 20 players from the Sharks, Manly and North Queensland to whom he sold supplements, including peptides - sometimes from the boot of his car at training grounds.

Both Dank and Hibbert have been interviewed by the ACC but ASADA does not have the power to compel them to attend an interview.

However, NRL players are required to co-operate or face sanctions and it was announced on Wednesday that 31 players would be interviewed by ASADA from next week, with one Canberra player and one Cronulla player believed to be the first notified.

Fairfax Media was told that 34 current NRL players and 19 former players, including some who are now in Super League, were named in the ACC report released on February 7.

NRL chief executive Dave Smith confirmed on Wednesday that ASADA wanted to interview about 10 former players and said he had been in contact with officials from Super League.

Not all players required for interviews are under suspicion and ASADA may believe they are able to provide information to enable others to be charged.

It is believed the ASADA investigators will table credit card receipts and phone records to convince players of the evidence they have already gathered.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dank-associate-questioned-as-net-widens-in-nrl-doping-probe-20130322-2glbd.html#ixzz2OGgWqspK

Darren Hibbert, the man known as the ''Gazelle'' in the drugs-in-sport investigation, is considering his legal options after ASADA turned up at his house last week.

Hibbert has been mentioned in reports as being a man who sold supplements to rugby league players from the back of his car. He's also been linked with sports scientist Stephen Dank. Hibbert called me on Monday to set several things straight and expressed his anger at ASADA for turning up at his home.

''It really took me by complete surprise,'' he said. ''I'd just got out of the shower and there they were at my front door.''

Hibbert would not go into detail about exactly what they had said to him - that will be for another day - but it's fair to say he was unimpressed with their appearance and their line of questioning.

''I will be talking to my lawyer about all of this and I will have more information for you then,'' he said. ''Having ASADA bang on my door like they were ASIO was pretty bad.''

Hibbert wanted to clear up the story that he was selling supplements - or worse, peptides - to players. ''That's completely untrue,'' he said. ''Those who said I have been selling peptides are so wrong. What I was doing was delivering supplements to players - legal supplements.

''In some cases, they were supplements that my company [Advanced Sports Nutrition] would supply and they were not the supplements that the teams are being sponsored by, so that was an issue for the players and the club and that is why there was some, if you want to call it, secrecy involved. It was done to protect the sponsors of the club and for no other reason. I wasn't dealing anything out the back of my boot, as has been implied. If we were to give guys performance-enhancing drugs, there are a lot better undetectable things out there than peptides. Peptides are more for injury repair than enhancing performance.''

Hibbert went on to explain his relationship with Dank. ''I never officially worked with him but because of our love for sport science and anti-ageing we would share our research. Steve would also get me to research certain topics for him and because of his limited time we would pass information to each other. He also did this with Dean Robinson before joining him at Essendon. He's also enlisted my help on research projects he was conducting such as high-altitude training.

''Myself and Steve are very cautious when it comes to providing supplements. We believe we have done nothing wrong and we want to clear our names. The ACC report is disturbing in relation to untrue assumptions they are asserting.''

Hibbert also revealed how he got his nickname of the Gazelle.''My nickname came from my running style and, yes, it was a bit of fun between the staff of Manly at the captain's run before the 2008 grand final,'' he said.

''Previously, while working with Manly, they learnt through my discussions about the old days when both myself and Clayton Kearney were running that I was a junior champion at sprinting. Clayton and myself had discussions about performance-enhancing drug use and who we suspected back in the day. It's always been around in Australian sport and it first started offe in professional running but I am not sure why we are being made scapegoats for it now - especially when the alleged peptides are not performance enhancing by definition.

It seems to me there's nothing to see here!!!!!!!!

lsz said:
I am still waiting for Dank to sue everyone....

It's ok Isz, you may yet get your wish for someone..........anyone to be charged by ASADA after this blackest day in Australian sport.

Realy......it could happen..........it could!!!!:p

Stevo said:
wombatgc said:
Mental note...don't take on SER8.Susan,and VFTH ...
some fine intellectual tennis going on!;)

Wombat, did you not see my argument pertaining to the topic of fat weighing more than muscle?

haha - classic. Nice work Stevo. ;)

lsz said:
I am still waiting for Dank to sue everyone....
I understand your point by I'm waiting to see when they are going to charge Dank.
The bloke has been hung out to dry and really no one knows if he's even guilty of anything.

Fair enough Gronk

I should have elaborated more...

How often do you hear "i am going to sue" as a first response....and then nothing

lsz said:
Fair enough Gronk

I should have elaborated more...

How often do you hear "i am going to sue" as a first response....and then nothing
I guess he has to clear his name first. Bit like Brett did before he sued the harlots at news ltd mate. But I agree he was quick to call legal action.

We are getting close to the truth. Dank was just a smokescreen. The real link between Cronulla and Manly is Jye Mullane. He was so good there were always rumours he was on PEDs. It's only a matter of time before ASADA finds the evidence.

MadMarcus said:
We are getting close to the truth. Dank was just a smokescreen. The real link between Cronulla and Manly is Jye Mullane. He was so good there were always rumours he was on PEDs. It's only a matter of time before ASADA finds the evidence.

Just be careful what you're saying here.

Shocking news.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/police-linked-to-outlaw-motorcycle-gangs/story-fn3dxiwe-1226607228462

Clearly another political stunt. Bloody liberals. There could be no other explanation. So many reputations damaged - with every innocent policeman's name slurred, not to mention the poor bikie gangs and criminals. There could be no possible reason for taking this action, except to divert attention from the failings of a government.

That's the logic isn't it?

Just saw that Gronk!

I stand corrected - and am very interested to see how it plays out

lsz said:
Just saw that Gronk!

I stand corrected - and am very interested to see how it plays out

I wasn't correcting you I just found the timing amusing after discussing it yesterday

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10