Post-Game Discussion Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Broncos
12 Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 20:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's just more toxic positivity.

After last years meltdown by the anointed few over too much negativity, I'm convinced that, as you so rightly put it, toxic positivity is the new normal around here.

People must just love constantly losing.

I'm pretty damn sick of it personally.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Yep same. Good to see a close one in the Friday for once. Yep side def better than last year. But we still have brain explosions. I mean the Garrick break and kick ahead on 2nd was inexcusable. We would have def scored next play if he takes the tackle. Put that guy back on the wing, where ironically he was positioned when he made the break.
Yeah,Garricks decision making on the fly can be ordinary.
Think he is better on the wing,probably a tricky situation with him being on big money and preferring to be fullback or centre.
Coach might have to take him aside at some point to discuss what is best for the team.
Right now with injuries my 1-5 would be
Koula
Garrick right wing
Talau
Faulolo
Vaega left wing

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's just more toxic positivity.
Ouch!
We agree on how many games Manly has won and lost over the years, but I disagree that this is the fans' fault! It wasn't me that gave up that last penalty it was bloody Paulo!

manly al

First Grader
Think he is better on the wing,probably a tricky situation with him being on big money and preferring to be fullback or centre.
Coach might have to take him aside at some point to discuss what is best for the team.
Koula
Garrick right wing
Talau
Faulolo
Vaega left wing
Talau and Faulolo were the cebtre pairing in that trial match against the Roosters and did O K
Think that Garrick would still offer more then Faulolo in the centres
Paulo was safe under the high ball , looks like not the best of defenders ,maybe Faulolo could push him for a wing spot .
Still a worthwhile suggestion with Faulolo as a centre , though not sure how he has been currently going at Blacktown .
Garrick still has the knack of kicking clear as a centre which should not be underestimated , can be a pretty rugged competitor in defence when he gets it right , maybe not the best reader of play but those other attributes , should be still in his favor playing centre
Vagea certainly has a crack and most times does get things right

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
from last night as disappointed as I am
Koula fantastic 1 error that he didn't let ruin the rest of his game ,does anyone know if he is ok ?
Talalu really good,played straight and if we can someone inside of him to straighten a bit then we could find some space
Burbo needs to be in centers with Talu next week
BR -need someone else in that starting BR position
Paulo--- sorry he is not up to it at the moment, give Falalou? from BWSE a go on the wing, should not have given the red head a chance to gift the broncos the game
Garrick --he needs to think a bit ,and go back to wing
Brooks --ok but the sidestep doesn't work 10 mtrs away from the defense, just focus on straightening the attack
DCE-ok but need more in game management from him
Jurbo -defensive demon but long term we need a replacement
Oka -fantastic, but again needs to run onto the ball not amble into the line
Paseka -very good, hard done by on the bin, and lost ball call why we didn't challenge DCE ??
Josh A -he has been pretty good, but can see he didn't want another week suspension on the charge down
Lawton -ok Croker is better but similar, we need a proper 9 from somewhere ( Mamazoulous would be a start or Smoothie , whatever we need to go 9 shopping)
Vega -did ok didn't let anyone down, and is ahead of Paulo for mine, just not very fast (when is SAAB back ?)
GKT -bit disappointed with him last night didn't run at all, maybe he needs more time and thought the service was slightly slow like he holds the ball a bit as it passes thru the feet of the ball player
Bully -was good last night and made a difference, but I thought was pulled off prematurely, (so to speak).
Waddell -tried hard and went well, but we need more
Lodge -someone said he has torn bicep and out for 3 months ???, hopefully Brown and Sippers are good to go next week
As a team terrible in the 1st 12 minutes but focused and regrouped in the next 60-70 with a few dumb decisions by both us and the officials leading to us not getting the 2 points .
Anyways Go Manly

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
This is the 3rd game we've been dudded by piss poor bullsht refereeing decisions. Take these fuking clown decisions away and we're sitting on 16 points. We've lost one game by 8 points and the others by less than 6. We've been in every game bar one , the Dragons game. Maybe last night saw us turn the corner on defense. We did defend pretty well compared to lately. Surely we can't keep getting arse reemed by these fuking whistle/bunker clowns.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Koula
Garrick right wing
Talau
Faulolo
Vaega left wing
Problem was Garrick was on the wing on that play. A pass to DCE who had Ray inside him and it was under the posts.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is the 3rd game we've been dudded by piss poor bullsht refereeing decisions. Take these fuking clown decisions away and we're sitting on 16 points. We've lost one game by 8 points and the others by less than 6. We've been in every game bar one , the Dragons game. Maybe last night saw us turn the corner on defense. We did defend pretty well compared to lately. Surely we can't keep getting arse reemed by these fuking whistle/bunker clowns.
Yep, but everyone’s a myth too ( apparently).

Hertera

Reserve Grader
This is the 3rd game we've been dudded by piss poor bullsht refereeing decisions.

Conveniently forget about the nfl pass for the Garrick try? we are really scrapping the barrel these days every loss is the refs fault. We won the penalty count and the set restarts were equal on the broncos home ground to suggest we were dudded is laughable.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Conveniently forget about the nfl pass for the Garrick try? we are really scrapping the barrel these days every loss is the refs fault. We won the penalty count and the set restarts were equal on the broncos home ground to suggest we were dudded is laughable.
The ref helped them greatly in the last 20 mins when they were titring

Hertera

Reserve Grader
The ref helped them greatly in the last 20 mins when they were titring

Disagree broncos were there for the taking but when it mattered we were not good enough. Blaming refs lets the club, coach and players never look in the mirror.

Facts are for the last decade we have done nothing in the comp all we do is complain about the refs or say every club that beats us are cheating the cap.

Time for us fans to hold the club accountable I'm not letting them escape from the decade of mediocrity they have dished up with no chance of a premiership on the horizon.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Yeah the late hit shoulder charge on Koula , no action , the late hit high shot shoulder charge on DCE no action , now on report , the high shot that was not by Paulo that gave them the field goal position , the Paseka sin bin 40 meters out for offside at marker not remotely a try scoring opportunity and how many other times have non markers made a tackle. Yeah definitely didn't have a bearing on a 1 point game. Seriously !!!!

Hertera

Reserve Grader
Yeah the late hit shoulder charge on Koula , no action , the late hit high shot shoulder charge on DCE no action , now on report , the high shot that was not by Paulo that gave them the field goal position , the Paseka sin bin 40 meters out for offside at marker not remotely a try scoring opportunity and how many other times have non markers made a tackle. Yeah definitely didn't have a bearing on a 1 point game. Seriously !!!!

Nobody is saying some decisions went against us that's sport some for some against but if you told me before the game we win penalty count and set restarts were equal on their home ground I would take it.

No way we were ripped off as the last decade has shown when it matters we are not good enough. Broncos were average last night we should have beaten them yet the coach and some fans go for the low hanging fruit as always and you wonder why we have become such a mediocre club?

Time to stop complaining sign a decent coach, a recruitment manager, new owners and rebuild the club.

Or we can be here with the losers blaming the ref, blaming the salary cap cheaters for the next decade if we exist.

God

Bencher
Put the players they had out back in their squad and they win by 20 on last nights effort, being positive is one thing but we we're massively off the pace, this week and have been basically since the Penrith win.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nobody is saying some decisions went against us that's sport some for some against but if you told me before the game we win penalty count and set restarts were equal on their home ground I would take it.

No way we were ripped off as the last decade has shown when it matters we are not good enough. Broncos were average last night we should have beaten them yet the coach and some fans go for the low hanging fruit as always and you wonder why we have become such a mediocre club?

Time to stop complaining sign a decent coach, a recruitment manager, new owners and rebuild the club.

Or we can be here with the losers blaming the ref, blaming the salary cap cheaters for the next decade if we exist.
So, where are these new owners you talk about “ signing “.

A Nick Politis with unlimited funds would be great , so who are they and when are you signing them up ??

Oh and it’s a serious question , you may well be right , but who is stepping up to buy a very marginally profitable football club.

Everyone hate us BUT WE HATE U MORE, if that was played at Brookvale we would have won by 13+. That actress was the worse actor I've ever seen, anyone caught acting like that should be fine $10000 or missed 1game. I'm sure we won't see anymore soccer players in the NRL again, only if they've a spare $10000.

Also Berbo is not a Menzies, Kosef or Awatmough he needs to go.

double hoops

First Grader
BULL Sh#t

That's not on Seibs that's totally Garrick getting ahead of himself.. he thinks he's a superstar center without earning his stripes

SEIBS NEEDS to put him on the wing and put him in his place
Wing. I think Reubs was running next to that side line when he made that break and again when he kicked it into touch?

Not the no on his back changes that one.

If he does it again, Hopoate or Faulalo taking his place might make him see the light.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14