1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Turbos

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, May 30, 2015.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    i love these two! Tommy no try was just brilliant to watch and his try was superbly taken. And he gets stuck in. As for Jake....some of his hits were just ball tearers! He did at least 3 hits that made me jump out of my seat. Go the Turbos!

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    Both fantastic. They are the reason I'm not completely upset about this year. Definitely not going to be challenging for the premiership this year but if we invest our spare cap well with Foran and possibly DCE leaving these guys make me pretty confident we can be competitive as soon as next year.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    These 2 are going to be great for both Manly & NSW for years to come.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    So far, these are two very exciting additions to our roster. Well done bro's!

• Like Like x 2
  5. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,081 / 27
    Not hard to see why so many clubs wanted their signatures.

The emergence of the Turbos has been a highlight in a fairly ordinary year so far.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    These boys are going to be the heart of our team for years to come, it so reminds me of 2004 when the Stewarts burst onto the scene, exciting times ahead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    We need the other one, too. Actually, I'd be happy with a team of 17 Turbos.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    When was the last time 3 brothers all played in the 1 team ? Oh yeah the Burgess boys. Before that the Mortimers 'n Hughes's Gary, Glen and ?

9. Wyllie Eagle

Wyllie Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 5
    Jake's tackling technique is superb. Out of the Beaver & Terry Randall textbook.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Graeme Hughes, he of the over the top commentating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,345 / 56
    Damn you Killer03 - everyone knows I love a good thread or 10 but this was definately on the agenda.....these boys are superstars in the making!!
    Sign them up for 5 more years each & build around them.
    Jakes full blooded tackles are up with the best technique since Trevor the Axe Gillmeister, plus he charges for massive metres & has a magic offload he does not over exploit.
    Young Turbo is a freak -the kid is 6'4 & wait till he fills out.
    He is a legitimate threat in the air - something we have lacked big time, plus he takes the hard runs in tough lanes, often winning a quick play the ball which will only improve with a natural gain of 6-7 kg.....the 90m run was super & imo only Morgan or Inglis have the pace & strength to have made that tackle - also very unlikely he would spill more than 1 out of 10 in that position again.
    These are the type of players that tell the rugby league world Manly may be down, but never out

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  12. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +652 / 6
    until the end of their careers both of these should never have less than 2 years left to run on a contract to keep others away, & i hope that they don't have dce's manager!

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  13. IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    Thought Jake Trbojevic was wasted on the bench maybe Toovey was giving him a rest.

14. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    And their attitude is just a breath of fresh air. In a season where we have all become a bit more jaded and cynical regarding player attitudes , these two seem genuinely excited to be playing first grade at Manly!

15. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    231 Tackles, 5 misses - averaging less than 0.5 missed tackles per game. The kid is technically sound in the defensive department and is putting some of his more experienced teammates to shame in this area. And this is in the trenches against the heavy armour coming through the middle, not on the fringes.

He hits with purpose and has a great technique, and such a calm head as well. Never gets up thumping his chest and trash talking like some of the other so called hit men in the league, just lets his shoulder do the talking. Scary to think he is only 23 and so much more improvement to come. He'll be a NSW and Australian bookend for many a year I feel.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +979 / 48
    Now my brain hurts.

17. Beaver boy

Beaver boy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +366 / 71
    Yes we know how good they are. Potentially as good if not better than anything the game has seen.

Tom reminds me of a young Inglis, with a bit more skill. Jake like Lazarus, Webke roled into one with a bit more skill. Remember we havent even scratch es The surface with his ball playing ability and skill set yet.
    But if the club doesnt have a dominant half pairing and continues to struggle , they may be tempted to look elswhere.

Manly can not be complacent and think because they are juniors they are guaranteed to stay.

18. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,407 / 257
    Good thing is, unlike say Inglis, Tom is also doing a double degree at uni. So he's a smart kid and not your typical league ****tard. Hopefully he can stay injury free and have the career he's destined for so he can also become a true role model and inspiration for the next gen of kids.

19. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    He's 21 not 23.

20. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I hope they never get in Zorbas bad books. Don't touch Zorbas pies boys.

• Funny Funny x 1