The Turbos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake is a gun, that hit he put on Linnett was amazing! Squared up to Scott and Tamou as well! Having a full year in 1st grade is gonna do him wonders for next year. Alongside Myles, Lussick - Our forward pack is looking good next year!

Should Tom keep his place in the team next week when DCE is back?
He should - Not sure he will though.

With Gutherson back next year it will be interesting to see how the backline will look if there are no injuries. Someone will have to miss out.

Last edited:
There was a moment in the second half where matt Scott was barnstorming towards the line and all of a sudden he's chopped down by Jake.
How many nrl players do you see diving straight at the legs of a full speed matt Scott? Jake has no fear, brilliant technique, along with tons of heart and talent.

Well if there is a change of coach, a change of coaching philosophy from Hasler Light to something else entirely, might ensue. That could see Hiku (for example) facing much greater scrutiny, as to whether he should enjoy a guaranteed start each week. At the moment he is a bit like a 21st Century Darrell Williams - sensational in a NZ jumper, sometimes frustrating to watch in a Manly one.

i love these two! Tommy no try was just brilliant to watch and his try was superbly taken. And he gets stuck in. As for Jake....some of his hits were just ball tearers! He did at least 3 hits that made me jump out of my seat. Go the Turbos!

I gottta say I thought he was quicker than that. I wouldn't have thought Morgan would be able to track him down from behind.

So if Morgan punched the ball out and Tom grounded it why wasn't it a try ???

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
So if Morgan punched the ball out and Tom grounded it why wasn't it a try ???

Exactly.

Not even any questions from the commentators although they mentioned a few times later in the match that Morgan knocked it out.

Not exactly sure that Tom did ground it afterwards but there was not even the hint that they were looking at that.

We stand upon the precipice of yet another golden age for Manly

Minus DCE and Foran's heart we had a top 4 team on the ropes with a piecemeal team, plus we have 2 new superstars in the making that love our club as much as the fans,another superstar out for the year with a long career ahead of him

Whose got it better than us?

Great point. Players punch/reef the ball out midfield and its called a knock on against the defender. Why not on the tryline too?

Players do need to be accountable for holding on to the ball so that was a no try..Tom T should have scored that intercept try and he will be a bigger threat in the air. Maybe Toovey is too conservative. It is a tough choice

If I was tooves I would Jorge to the bench to play 2nd row and drop hasson and leave Tom on the wing, he has to be there and I think Jorge would give us some good meters up the middle, thoughts everyone?

Players do need to be accountable for holding on to the ball so that was a no try..Tom T should have scored that intercept try and he will be a bigger threat in the air. Maybe Toovey is too conservative. It is a tough choice
And they don't need to be accountable for holding on to the ball when not scoring a try?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7