The plan , finally coming together!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I never doubted that they had a plan but I don't think it's the right plan.

I would never have signed Barrett for a start. I also don't think dismantling the culture in the playing group was the way to go either.

We should have a team for next year with Hiku, Gutherson, Knight and co. All these old washed up players are not going to bring about a premiership.

To be fair Snake, walker is a much better center than hiku and will be playing in his preferred position in 2017. gutherson is nothing special and we have Tom a super star in the making and knight? only played one nrl game and was very ordinary . not fussed we let him go one bit. also think barret will prove he is a good coach. players absolutely love him and he has all their respect . he will go much better in his second year

My issue with the "plan" is that it has no interest for continuing our era of success. It's about building a new era out of spite for what has gone before.
The new era may be successful, it may not be. A continuation may have been successful and also may not have been. That's not really the point. I'd rather the club be itself and we all succeed or fail together.
Instead of assessing what we had and devising a plan to best make that work, they came up with a plan and altered the club to fit that. This is simply the wrong way of doing it. Successfully or not.

also think barret will prove he is a good coach. players absolutely love him and he has all their respect . he will go much better in his second year
Players love him because he's more interested in being one of the boys than a head coach. It was upsetting listening to him in press conferences last season, complimenting the team after getting smacked by 30 points. He's a pretender, got the gig by charming our big heads, not because of his credentials. He was an overrated player and he's had an abysmal coaching career so far. I can't wait to see him go.

Players love him because he's more interested in being one of the boys than a head coach. It was upsetting listening to him in press conferences last season, complimenting the team after getting smacked by 30 points. He's a pretender, got the gig by charming our big heads, not because of his credentials. He was an overrated player and he's had an abysmal coaching career so far. I can't wait to see him go.
I hope your wrong but I think your right

To be fair Snake, walker is a much better center than hiku and will be playing in his preferred position in 2017. gutherson is nothing special and we have Tom a super star in the making and knight? only played one nrl game and was very ordinary . not fussed we let him go one bit. also think barret will prove he is a good coach. players absolutely love him and he has all their respect . he will go much better in his second year
Likeable coaches Like Barret unite a team .
Innovative coaches Ignite a team and get them winning
That's the difference feathered friend.
I hope you prove me wrong for Manly sake

Totally agree you can see it a mile off, Des coming back was always the plan!!

If the Penn's are concerned with how much cash they are stumping up, and want to cut back ...(recent article) I would suggest that Des would be the last coach in the world they would want back. He does have a reputation of spending big on the football dept.

If the Penn's are concerned with how much cash they are stumping up, and want to cut back ...(recent article) I would suggest that Des would be the last coach in the world they would want back. He does have a reputation of spending big on the football dept.
Not to mention his salary would be triple that of Barrett's one would suspect.

I felt repulsed reading that article stating Penn had invested $10-Million into the club and wanted a financial return.
If it's just about the money Penn then pisss-orf and let the club be funded by the NRL. That ownership blueprint has done wonders for the Titans.
I expect any private owner - such as Max - to love the club and treat the financial losses as inevitable. Reward comes from ensuring the on-going survival of the Mighty Sea Eagles.
I'm sure all of us, if we were wealthy enough, to have this attitude.

So lets sign him up of one year

I'd very much suggest if he's coming it would be for I me year only, King Bonza wants as many dollars in the kitty for his launch into the 2018 season.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Ben

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8