The plan , finally coming together!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The temperature is not the issue, have you had snow or is it too dry?
We have had cold and dry days, which are marginally better than freezing rain days, but snow would be nice, it isnt fun de-icing the car in the mornings.

I was in Sweden last week in Uppsala and further north and it was freezing but no snow. I am there again in two weeks and on my list of requirements for my colleague and the meeting room I have requested snow.

Let's just face it, extreme heat AND extreme cold are ****ty!!

Give me Spring / Autumn anytime.

I must admit like many of you I have wondered these last two years what the plan was, you know the one , the forward plan.

I was confused as any of you!!!

BUT, I can see it now slowly coming together.

Bozo knows full well that 2018 sees literally hundreds of players on the market with very few signed ( no doubt due to the unknown cap factor), AND he's prepared to wait, and wait 2 years if he has to ( remember this all started at the end of 2015).

So in 2015 we shed a bunch of players and gain Marty, Dylan , Myles and Brown as first graders with experience , adding livewires API and Matty to fight it out for the 9 position.

This was stage 1.

Let's not rehash 2016 as that's been done to death , but most of the above have been good to fair ( even Brown who if played in his preferred position probably isn't too bad ) ,with the exception of Myles who ( on field ) has been a dud. How and what they do with Myles over the next two years will be important and you can bet the pressure will be on him big time, I would not be surprised to see him gone in 2017 if this continues.

So then at the end of the 2016 season we release another number of plodders , journeymen and also rans and pick up what we do desperately need , a 5/8, PLUS due to cap issues a number of " players with potential " and some with a bit to prove, all for not huge dollars.

That's stage 2

Bozo knows he's gotta pay for the two retiring legends for the 2017 year but also knows he won't get a game out of them, so they have to be happy with their 5/8 and whomever can fill a spot for the dollars.

When you think about it, pretty smart recruiting considering the constraints.

He knows he can build a team around the Turbo's and Cherry, and now he has a pretty good 5/8 so it's all about who steps up into the 9 position now, ( and how they go might determine our 2017 position), but he knows he needs quality 1/6/7/9 to reach a GF, and don't worry if none of Api, Matt or even Brown step up into 9 he'll buy one for 2018.

During 2017 some players , like Kelly, and perhaps Locke, and now perhaps Kennedy have an opportunity to shine , if they do they'll be here in 2018, if they don't , Blacktown for a year and then **** off!!

All not on big dollars , unless they explode out of the blocks and take the opportunity, it's in their hands.

Then King Bonza sets himself for a big raid on the available talent , a strike centre and a test quality forward , and if the 9's don't work, a quality hooker as well, assisted by the end of the legends payments and budget buys and he knows he'll be able to afford the best of the best.

Like that old song, I can see clearly now ( the rain has gone), yes I can see where we are headed.

All along we have been thinking WTF, but all along there was indeed a plan , we just didn't know it.
Dads-Army-Frazier-doomed.png

The temperature is not the issue, have you had snow or is it too dry?
We have had cold and dry days, which are marginally better than freezing rain days, but snow would be nice, it isnt fun de-icing the car in the mornings.

I was in Sweden last week in Uppsala and further north and it was freezing but no snow. I am there again in two weeks and on my list of requirements for my colleague and the meeting room I have requested snow.

Well...by hibernation I meant getting you to post on here more! (and not worry about that pesky job, footy off season, and delightful family.)

We've had snow, heaps of it; which is handy seeing as it's a ski resort.....not handy in the fact lots of Americans flood the area. The roads are still ok...but the mountains are copping it (good.)

This has unfortunately meant that we've 'had' our first tragic fatality when a snowboarder fell into a tree well. The snow base just isn't packed hard enough and in he went and suffocated.

De-icing sucks, thank goodness for garages!

I'd dispute DCE being the man that would deliver the goods regardless of how much talent he had around him.

I never doubted that they had a plan but I don't think it's the right plan.

I would never have signed Barrett for a start. I also don't think dismantling the culture in the playing group was the way to go either.

We should have a team for next year with Hiku, Gutherson, Knight and co. All these old washed up players are not going to bring about a premiership.

I'm fairly certain Blake Green's signing is to hold us over while the salary cap space clears as Stewart and Matai retire, and then we'll field an offer to bring Kieran back home where he belongs.

Also it's fairly obvious Des will coach Manly again at some point, pending Barrett's progression as head coach.

Honestly no plan at all Mark....All on the run and over the past 2 seasons with Bozo pulling strings, could easily had another 2 major signings....
If there's not as much stubborn play behind the squad as it stands today, there would be a further 1-2 signings in the backline for 2017.
Bozo is the same as everyone on here, wants success today and though the players coming off contract for next season (2018) have much more appeal...the hierarchy would have the very best players to compete that is possible....in 2017....not a plan....make do with what is available.

Honestly no plan at all Mark....All on the run and over the past 2 seasons with Bozo pulling strings, could easily had another 2 major signings....
If there's not as much stubborn play behind the squad as it stands today, there would be a further 1-2 signings in the backline for 2017.
Bozo is the same as everyone on here, wants success today and though the players coming off contract for next season (2018) have much more appeal...the hierarchy would have the very best players to compete that is possible....in 2017....not a plan....make do with what is available.
Agree, our owners tell us that not making the finals in 2015 was unacceptable and we were having a rebuild to bring instant success. ofcourse we havnt heard from them at the end of a worse 2016 to tell us that 2016 was enen worse.

Wonder if this is part of the plan? From Buzz's column today.

SHOOSH

THE timing of Manly chairman Scott Penn‘s announcement that he has poured $10 million into the Sea Eagles is interesting given the recent rumours out of Brookvale that the family wants to
slash its spending on the footy team.

Over how many years? Does he include the Penn jersey sponsorship? Is that a net figure after what he has recieved including the LC sale?

Over how many years? Does he include the Penn jersey sponsorship? Is that a net figure after what he has recieved including the LC sale?

Dunno...but you can read it about it here!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/4988af429ce5a7cabbf96093d44ab527

MANLY chairman Scott Penn has revealed his family has tipped in more than $10 million to the Sea Eagles but warned club owners will desert the NRL unless they can be certain on funding from head office.

Penn’s family became major shareholders at Brookvale in 2006 and they have spent a million dollars per year ensuring the club is a force.

Their massive outlay shows why club chairmen are desperately fighting for the NRL funding package secured last December — a deal which the NRL has now reneged on.

Penn and his father, Rick, have been saviours for the club — businessmen whose passion has enabled the Sea Eagles to survive and thrive.

“We have gone past the $10m mark,” Penn told The Daily Telegraph. “That is the money we have put in. From a Penn family perspective, we love the Sea Eagles, we love the northern beaches, we love the fans and we love being involved in community. We love seeing the involvement and we love seeing how happy everyone is when we win.”

I agree with Penn for once. He is keeping the pressure up on
the NRL to release the funding details. Gotta keep the pressure on John Grant also, he has to go.

And take that tool Turdburger with him when he goes.

We need an independent CEO, as long as Turdburger is there every single fan will think the Scumdogs get everything their way, so he's gotta go!!

Plus he's a dickhead anyway!!

I'm fairly certain Blake Green's signing is to hold us over while the salary cap space clears as Stewart and Matai retire, and then we'll field an offer to bring Kieran back home where he belongs.

Also it's fairly obvious Des will coach Manly again at some point, pending Barrett's progression as head coach.
There is as much chance of Foran and Hasler coming back to manly as Ryan and Woodsie becoming best mates!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6