The plan , finally coming together!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I must admit like many of you I have wondered these last two years what the plan was, you know the one , the forward plan.

I was confused as any of you!!!

BUT, I can see it now slowly coming together.

Bozo knows full well that 2018 sees literally hundreds of players on the market with very few signed ( no doubt due to the unknown cap factor), AND he's prepared to wait, and wait 2 years if he has to ( remember this all started at the end of 2015).

So in 2015 we shed a bunch of players and gain Marty, Dylan , Myles and Brown as first graders with experience , adding livewires API and Matty to fight it out for the 9 position.

This was stage 1.

Let's not rehash 2016 as that's been done to death , but most of the above have been good to fair ( even Brown who if played in his preferred position probably isn't too bad ) ,with the exception of Myles who ( on field ) has been a dud. How and what they do with Myles over the next two years will be important and you can bet the pressure will be on him big time, I would not be surprised to see him gone in 2017 if this continues.

So then at the end of the 2016 season we release another number of plodders , journeymen and also rans and pick up what we do desperately need , a 5/8, PLUS due to cap issues a number of " players with potential " and some with a bit to prove, all for not huge dollars.

That's stage 2

Bozo knows he's gotta pay for the two retiring legends for the 2017 year but also knows he won't get a game out of them, so they have to be happy with their 5/8 and whomever can fill a spot for the dollars.

When you think about it, pretty smart recruiting considering the constraints.

He knows he can build a team around the Turbo's and Cherry, and now he has a pretty good 5/8 so it's all about who steps up into the 9 position now, ( and how they go might determine our 2017 position), but he knows he needs quality 1/6/7/9 to reach a GF, and don't worry if none of Api, Matt or even Brown step up into 9 he'll buy one for 2018.

During 2017 some players , like Kelly, and perhaps Locke, and now perhaps Kennedy have an opportunity to shine , if they do they'll be here in 2018, if they don't , Blacktown for a year and then **** off!!

All not on big dollars , unless they explode out of the blocks and take the opportunity, it's in their hands.

Then King Bonza sets himself for a big raid on the available talent , a strike centre and a test quality forward , and if the 9's don't work, a quality hooker as well, assisted by the end of the legends payments and budget buys and he knows he'll be able to afford the best of the best.

Like that old song, I can see clearly now ( the rain has gone), yes I can see where we are headed.

All along we have been thinking WTF, but all along there was indeed a plan , we just didn't know it.

Last edited:
Fulton will have a massive clean out in 2017 and buy a whole new team in 2018

No such thing as loyalty at manly any more

Sadly I agree, he'll keep the obvious core , the rest it will either be " shape up or ship out".

The good old days are long gone.

Yeah I have to agree MFB.

Also take into account Baz has this year to prove himself or else its the door for him aswell. The reality is Bozo likely has Hasler in his mind, or someone proven like Cleary.

I think we will spend big next year to fill any reamining gaps with solid players.

We will also start planning for life after B Green as he is only with us 2-3 years.

So then at the end of the 2016 season we release another number of plodders , journeymen and also rans and pick up what we do desperately need , a 5/8, PLUS due to cap issues a number of " players with potential " and some with a bit to prove, all for not huge dollars.
bit harsh on ferris there mark (insert 'tongue in cheek' emoticon)

I must admit like many of you I have wondered these last two years what the plan was, you know the one , the forward plan.

I was confused as any of you!!!

BUT, I can see it now slowly coming together.

Bozo knows full well that 2018 sees literally hundreds of players on the market with very few signed ( no doubt due to the unknown cap factor), AND he's prepared to wait, and wait 2 years if he has to ( remember this all started at the end of 2015).

So in 2015 we shed a bunch of players and gain Marty, Dylan , Myles and Brown as first graders with experience , adding livewires API and Matty to fight it out for the 9 position.

This was stage 1.

Let's not rehash 2016 as that's been done to death , but most of the above have been good to fair ( even Brown who if played in his preferred position probably isn't too bad ) ,with the exception of Myles who ( on field ) has been a dud. How and what they do with Myles over the next two years will be important and you can bet the pressure will be on him big time, I would not be surprised to see him gone in 2017 if this continues.

That's stage 2

Bozo knows he's gotta pay for the two retiring legends for the 2017 year but also knows he won't get a game out of them, so they have to be happy with their 5/8 and whomever can fill a spot for the dollars.

When you think about it, pretty smart recruiting considering the constraints.

He knows he can build a team around the Turbo's and Cherry, and now he has a pretty good 5/8 so it's all about who steps up into the 9 position now, ( and how they go might determine our 2017 position), but he knows he needs quality 1/6/7/9 to reach a GF, and don't worry if none of Api, Matt or even Brown step up into 9 he'll buy one for 2018.

During 2017 some players , like Kelly, and perhaps Locke, and now perhaps Kennedy have an opportunity to shine , if they do they'll be here in 2018, if they don't , Blacktown for a year and then **** off!!

All not on big dollars , unless they explode out of the blocks and take the opportunity, it's in their hands.

Then King Bonza sets himself for a big raid on the available talent , a strike centre and a test quality forward , and if the 9's don't work, a quality hooker as well, assisted by the end of the legends payments and budget buys and he knows he'll be able to afford the best of the best.

Like that old song, I can see clearly now ( the rain has gone), yes I can see where we are headed.

All along we have been thinking WTF, but all along there was indeed a plan , we just didn't know it.

Tend to agree here. Myles will need to come out of the blocks hard to avoid playing for blacktown in '18. I can see him playing next year and then being released to the super league. No NRL side will pick him up but he would be able to get 3 years + over there to finish off his career. Brown, I think people have been a little harsh. Plenty of the top sides have players of his class, we can't expect every player to be a superstar. For me, the 9 is the biggest question on our fate. We are building nicely for a solid recruitment drive for the '18 season and beyond. But the 9 there is no stand out. Api is a GREAT BACK UP 9. IMO I don't think he has what it takes to control the game for 80 mins. This is our biggest hole, I am convinced. Parcel looks like he has the class to be top 5/6 hookers in the comp but he certainly has not reached anywhere near that level. Is it just me or are there very few young hookers with big potential. The best ones are all getting a little long in the tooth... aside from Granville.

Phase one: steal all the underpants
Phase Two: ?
Phase Three: Profit

Don't you freeze your undies over there @Dan ??

Funny, it was 47 degrees today in Birdsville, when I saw that on the news I thought " wonder how hot it is in Amsterdam for Dan"!

Don't you freeze your undies over there @Dan ??

Funny, it was 47 degrees today in Birdsville, when I saw that on the news I thought " wonder how hot it is in Amsterdam for Dan"!
47 degrees sounds absolutely horrid, we had temperatures at night time of -6 the other night, my friend had -9 in Eindhoven. That day it only got to 2 degrees.

Last two days have been around 10 degrees which is more than bearable. However I have not been outside for more than a few minutes because of work. Currently pulling 7 - midnight or later for the next two weeks at least......approaching burnout at a rate of knots

Phase one: steal all the underpants
Phase Two: ?
Phase Three: Profit

Phase two: - get Dan outta hibernation!

Next Tuesday we have a predicted daytime high of MINUS 15 if anyone wants to come visit!!!

I still think we should have focused on youth like Hiku and Gutho andthe good-uns from the lower grades in 2016 and seen how they went knowing that if they fail the market will move at the end of 2017 as you say Mark.

Phase two: - get Dan outta hibernation!

Next Tuesday we have a predicted daytime high of MINUS 15 if anyone wants to come visit!!!
The temperature is not the issue, have you had snow or is it too dry?
We have had cold and dry days, which are marginally better than freezing rain days, but snow would be nice, it isnt fun de-icing the car in the mornings.

I was in Sweden last week in Uppsala and further north and it was freezing but no snow. I am there again in two weeks and on my list of requirements for my colleague and the meeting room I have requested snow.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6