The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Injury aside, Lodge is a good front rower.

I've never figured out how the media think Schuster is going back to 2nd row next year. He's definitely moving to lock with Jake going to the front row and Brooks to 5/8.
Well initially to lock.

Then five eighth at Blecktown.

Then out the door.

Still a big step up from all of Manly's current props , barring maybe Taniela
Sure, but he won't be 'on the field' to be a step up from all the current props. I am not suggesting we stick with what we have, just suggesting we look for another 'step up' somewhere else.

I never played in the halves but it was always taught for halves to
1 run
2 pass
3 kick
In that order.
Schuster seems to be pass- kick - run which I can't get
Has anyone actually told him how big he is? Seriously with his frame, and footy awareness, he should be causing havoc with his running game. Then, and only then, will his passing game become truly effective.

It is quite plain to see that he just doesn't have the right stuff - mentally. Hates the hard work, the gritty, competitive nature of contact. That doesn't come with age unfortunately. It's either in you or not.

Maybe, by some miracle, a move to the middle third where he will be forced to run and tackle like a demon will unlock a side to Shu we really haven't seen. If not, he won't survive NRL

Mate we have 1 more competition point than this time last year, at which point during last season, we were already 3 weeks in after jersey fiasco.

Turbo played 11 games this year, as opposed to 7 last year.

Last season we finished 11th and comfortably clear of 12th. We are currently sitting 11th with a couple of teams below us very likely to overtake us in the next fortnight.

All things considering, putting in Schuster instead of Foran was a shocking move. Des will take Foz and Titans to top 6 next year, guaranteed. Meanwhile, Seibold and Moses will bring us very close to our first spoon. The writing's on the wall
I guess Foran and Des were always destined to finish up together, similar to Bennett and Darius Boyd.

While his mindset and consistency can be frustrating. I'm willing to give Schu a pass more than most when considering he is routinely the only player that looks threatening to actually create something. Especially when you consider he's playing behind 1 of the worst packs in the comp, a hooker that stifles the attack, a winger filling in at fullback (love ya Reubs but your positional play is terrible), and Kelma and Parker as the 2 players outside him that aren't going to worry any defence. Things would look a whole lot different if he had Ola and Koula on his side, and if Tom was available

While his mindset and consistency can be frustrating. I'm willing to give Schu a pass more than most when considering he is routinely the only player that looks threatening to actually create something. Especially when you consider he's playing behind 1 of the worst packs in the comp, a hooker that stifles the attack, a winger filling in at fullback (love ya Reubs but your positional play is terrible), and Kelma and Parker as the 2 players outside him that aren't going to worry any defence. Things would look a whole lot different if he had Ola and Koula on his side, and if Tom was available
yeah, shame we haven't got Paseka, Lodge and Turbo for this game. Add these 3 and it's a totally different ball game.

yeah, shame we haven't got Paseka, Lodge and Turbo for this game. Add these 3 and it's a totally different ball game.
We had 2 of those 3 players in a totally different ball game in R6 - the result was 44-12… Lodge ain’t worth 30 points…

Yes we had Weekes at 6 instead of Schuster but Im not sure that would make any difference based on Schu’s first hour against Rooters (and the 3 weeks prior)…

This could be a cricket score tonight even with Luai out…

Don't bother trying to make sense. These old blokes have made their mind up they don't like Schuster because he tries silly passes and has natural gifts that apparently he doesn't deserve because he has these gifts and decides to use them instead of using his body like a battering ram (which some might call smart but) here at silvertails we call that having no ticker.

Don't bother trying to make sense. These old blokes have made their mind up they don't like Schuster because he tries silly passes and has natural gifts that apparently he doesn't deserve because he has these gifts and decides to use them instead of using his body like a battering ram (which some might call smart but) here at silvertails we call that having no ticker.
I do agree although there must be something else if seibs came out publicly saying the shoe needs to own his career. its either seibs feeling a pressure or he is trying to light a fire underneath him. i just dont know why it needed to be said publicly TBH

his combo with burbo looks promising and he really is our best attacking option without Tom, but he is not in Toms league. As @BenR34 stated above he hasnt been blessed with kelma and parks to feed and when he has drifted to the other side has lit up koula and saab to an extent

he seems to be everyones punching bag . no doubt his manager, his lip service and his fitness draws attention but if he is 600k next season the only crazy thing is who gave him 800 this season and why we punted fozzie. the signing of brooks though makes that bearable

But season seems all but done with him moving back to the forwards, what are we trying to create. if we lose this week , then surely we try him in the forwards and give arthur a run. but wasnt arthur signed as apotential 13 with back up opportunities in the halves

nothing seems to makes sense to me

Penrith started that game at a hectic rate & blew us off the park early. No team would have matched them that night. To have any hope in this game, we need to start faster than them & score early points.
That’s the thing with the riff… if they are on it does not matter who they are playing…

they were good last week (as in VERY good) and I will be amazed (and overjoyed) if we are even competitive tonight…

You are not concerned that he goes missing for large parts of games TEE? or that his tackling technique resembles a turnstile at times?

We all love the flashy plays but the problem is that they are few and the 3-step shuffle and off-load before the line is commonplace…

last week was a perfect example of the Schu’s career thus far at 6. Personally I don’t reckon the 2 good plays against 12 men when the game was over made up for the previous 65 min of nothing burger… just as 1 good game does not make up for the 6 poor ones…

Kid has talent no doubt but I don’t reckon he is value-for-money and we already carry Tom (who actually wins games)…

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8