The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Having Foran available in a Manly jumper this year probably would have led to more consistent results (and more competition points) - taking pressure off DCE - something that Schuster has not consistently achieved to date.

Looking at how things are panning out with Brooks arriving next year, I imagine there are people in the organisation who wish they had retained Foran and ditched Schuster. And Schuster is no ‘sure bet’ in the forwards department.

With Turbo missing for much of last season, we were still in with a shot at a finals birth partly on the back of Foran’s direct, uptempo style of play, until Pennseygate destroyed our season.

We already have more points than last year when Foran was playing and there are 4 rounds to go. Turbo is not playing this year either - Schu and Turbo only played a couple of matches together this season.
We still have a chance of making the finals, a thin chance admittedly but still better than last year.

We have to wait and see how Schu performs moving forward and if Seibold and the coaching staff is interested in coaching or just saving their jobs with short term choices.

We already have more points than last year when Foran was playing and there are 4 rounds to go. Turbo is not playing this year either - Schu and Turbo only played a couple of matches together this season.
We still have a chance of making the finals, a thin chance admittedly but still better than last year.

We have to wait and see how Schu performs moving forward and if Seibold and the coaching staff is interested in coaching or just saving their jobs with short term choices.
Mate we have 1 more competition point than this time last year, at which point during last season, we were already 3 weeks in after jersey fiasco.

Turbo played 11 games this year, as opposed to 7 last year.

Last season we finished 11th and comfortably clear of 12th. We are currently sitting 11th with a couple of teams below us very likely to overtake us in the next fortnight.

All things considering, putting in Schuster instead of Foran was a shocking move. Des will take Foz and Titans to top 6 next year, guaranteed. Meanwhile, Seibold and Moses will bring us very close to our first spoon. The writing's on the wall

Mate we have 1 more competition point than this time last year, at which point during last season, we were already 3 weeks in after jersey fiasco.

Turbo played 11 games this year, as opposed to 7 last year.

Last season we finished 11th and comfortably clear of 12th. We are currently sitting 11th with a couple of teams below us very likely to overtake us in the next fortnight.

All things considering, putting in Schuster instead of Foran was a shocking move. Des will take Foz and Titans to top 6 next year, guaranteed. Meanwhile, Seibold and Moses will bring us very close to our first spoon. The writing's on the wall
agree pete. when you consider the contracts manly have where the ROI is poor foran was a dead set bargain. not just his play, but experience, leadership was outstanding. he had timing

was this the fulton/des/tartak tug or war in play or were we just not too bright

that single decision shows how the manly set up isnt necessarily geared toward footy game results, cough cough in a results driven business

do you reckon Penn regrets that comment. it will haunt him forever, or at least should

agree pete. when you consider the contracts manly have where the ROI is poor foran was a dead set bargain. not just his play, but experience, leadership was outstanding. he had timing

was this the fulton/des/tartak tug or war in play or were we just not too bright

that single decision shows how the manly set up isnt necessarily geared toward footy game results, cough cough in a results driven business

do you reckon Penn regrets that comment. it will haunt him forever, or at least should
I’m sure he’ll regret that comment but in relation to Foran, I can see where they were making a play based on the future ( thinking Schuster was going to kill it ) and so let Foran go.

Hindsight is a great card to play , but at the time I concurred with their decision.

I’ve been proven wrong and so are they but I can at least see the logic.

I’m sure he’ll regret that comment but in relation to Foran, I can see where they were making a play based on the future ( thinking Schuster was going to kill it ) and so let Foran go.

Hindsight is a great card to play , but at the time I concurred with their decision.

I’ve been proven wrong and so are they but I can at least see the logic.
yeah can see that also

des was the footy man and he wanted foran

360 keep harping on about Schuster being on 800k, sure for this season but 600k reportedly next season. And Lodge, he'll be out for 9mths not a year, love how they like to increase the drama.
They are both stupid signings that the 360 panel are right to criticise/question…

The ridiculous thing is the club explained we couldn't fit 400k for Foz under the cap, yet we can afford 600k for Brooks and 600k-800k for Schuster, plus whatever we paid for Johns and Arthur.

Lol so instead of retaining Foz and improving our forward pack, we went out and bought 3× five eighths, and upgraded a rookie on playmaker money to give backrow another shot!

360 keep harping on about Schuster being on 800k, sure for this season but 600k reportedly next season. And Lodge, he'll be out for 9mths not a year, love how they like to increase the drama.
It may as well be a year that he is out due to how long it takes to get back to full capacity after an ACL injury

The ridiculous thing is the club explained we couldn't fit 400k for Foz under the cap, yet we can afford 600k for Brooks and 600k-800k for Schuster, plus whatever we paid for Johns and Arthur.

Lol so instead of retaining Foz and improving our forward pack, we went out and bought 3× five eighths, and upgraded a rookie on playmaker money to give backrow another shot!
yeah the depths perspective was crazy. As you mention johns, arthur probably for close to same coin

The first thing 360 are wrong about is Schuster’s position for next year. He is not going to be posted on edge. He will play 13. If (it’s a big if) he is signed for 600k, that’s not too much money tied up in a vital position.

They’re right to ask why we’d sign Lodge though…that’ll be a really stupid signature and pretty much give us no chance next year. We’ve all seen how ineffective our middles are. They’re not gonna be any more effective with a guy sitting on the sidelines. If we wanna compete next year, we need to move heaven and earth to get a quality middle that can play from rd1.

If we wanna compete next year, we need to move heaven and earth to get a quality middle that can play from rd1.
Looking through this list of off contract players, Wiremu Greig (Eels) appears to be the best front row prospect (maybe resigned already?). I notice that Ravalawa (wing) is off contract, but I assume the Dragons would make every effort to resign him.

The first thing 360 are wrong about is Schuster’s position for next year. He is not going to be posted on edge. He will play 13. If (it’s a big if) he is signed for 600k, that’s not too much money tied up in a vital position.

They’re right to ask why we’d sign Lodge though…that’ll be a really stupid signature and pretty much give us no chance next year. We’ve all seen how ineffective our middles are. They’re not gonna be any more effective with a guy sitting on the sidelines. If we wanna compete next year, we need to move heaven and earth to get a quality middle that can play from rd1.

Injury aside, Lodge is a good front rower.

I've never figured out how the media think Schuster is going back to 2nd row next year. He's definitely moving to lock with Jake going to the front row and Brooks to 5/8.

Did anyone read the click bait today regarding a coach who apparently gave it to one of his star players after his game on the weekend, with said players performance the last two weeks seeing the team in danger of missing the 8?

May not be, but the shoe seems to fit.

And when it gets followed by Seibold today saying shoe needs to take control of his career? Hmmm it's seeming more plausible.

Has the Seibold picked and stuck hoping that a little faith and love would see the shoe come good? Personally when the shoe hardly touched the ball for a couple of games in a row a fair while back. I thought there was only one change to make, and that's at least not the shoe at 6.

Did anyone read the click bait today regarding a coach who apparently gave it to one of his star players after his game on the weekend, with said players performance the last two weeks seeing the team in danger of missing the 8?

And when it gets followed by Seibold today saying shoe needs to take control of his career? Hmmm it's seeming more plausible.

Has the Seibold picked and stuck hoping that a little faith and love would see the shoe come good? Personally when the shoe hardly touched the ball for a couple of games in a row a fair while back. I thought there was only one change to make, and that's at least not the shoe at 6.

Shoe ain't a star player and he's been crap longer than the last two weeks.

And would have a real sook if anyone said anything to him

Not Manly,according to a source.In fact strong rumour it’s Payton/Taumalolo

All very plausible...can't disagree with you.

There was a suggestion of will the coach and said player be able to reconcile. Sounds like a good spray. But the media would never talk it up either.

Looking through this list of off contract players, Wiremu Greig (Eels) appears to be the best front row prospect (maybe resigned already?). I notice that Ravalawa (wing) is off contract, but I assume the Dragons would make every effort to resign him.

I don't think we should invest anything in outside backs. I was initially against the Greig idea but he started to impress me and wouldn't be the worst pick up.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8