The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad Rebecca Pope made a comment. We do not know the truth, to us it is like soap box theatre. To her it is her and her childrens life.

As I have said before a distorted truth will come out at some time. Maybe will we find out what the karma statement was about, why would Foz walk away from a massive contract for $200,000? Could the Buzz story be bigger than the Foz story? That could be interesting.

Would having a real job help?

Bi-polar conditions, like many mental health conditions, tend to be life sentences and not well understood. It is recognised that certain medications work but it tends to vary from person to person. Having a 'real job' as you call it, may change certain elements but in general the problem would remain. Its little wonder that his partner has had enough, if he has not been effectively treated. Their relationship would be potentially chaotic and unpredictable. Personally I feel sorry for Foran, his wife and their family. As I indicated mental health issues can be seriously damaging to a marriage.

Sorry but his ex sounds like a real bitch.
Yeah he loves his kids and wants them looked after but her taking 3 houses, a car and undisclosed amount of money and leaving him with $100,000 sounds like he has really been bent over and rammed.
Let the bloke at least keep one of their houses.
Yeah he has the potential to earn big money and get him self re-set up for life is there but at the moment it may not happen.
His old man is rolling in the stuff, I don't think his financial future is looking too bad

From Danny the Worms column today in Sun Herald

It's a long way back for Foran

If you haven't sat down and read the jaw-dropping exclusive story by Fairfax Media's investigative reporter Kate McClymont regarding the Manly-Parramatta game in round seven, I suggest you do. She broke the yarn wide open on Friday after months of rumours about an $18,000 bet placed by an associate of an NRL player.

Her report forced Manly to reveal their findings about two other matches that were mired in fixing allegations. Manly were going to release that report today.

The detail in McClymont's story is staggering and it paints a picture of Kieran Foran that will be very hard to erase; simply because of the circles he is mixing in.

When I put it to Foran via text that he had somehow benefited from the trail of bets on horse racing and football by some of his associates he texted back: "Not true".

The issue now for Foran is clearing his name, which has been smeared. And it's not just the public who would want answers. The NRL is now on high alert. They will want answers IF Foran ever hopes to play football again. His now very public relationship with Eddie Hayson and others has placed him on the radar of the NRL.

Foran's immediate future doesn't look like it contains professional sport. He has been investigating other employment options, including a goat's milk business and working in retail. He has to find a way to support his two young kids and former partner, all while battling mental illness.

This column wishes him the best as he tries to turn his life around. His ex-partner, Rebecca Pope, clearly feels the same way about the company he is keeping, posting a picture on Instagram of a passage from a book. It read: "The people we surround ourselves with either raise or lower our standards. They either help us to become the best version of ourselves or encourage us to become lesser versions of ourselves ... No man becomes great on his own. No woman becomes great on her own. The people around them help to make them great."

Gee he must be savage on the punt if he is in such dire financial straits that he needs to get straight back to work after a $200K payout plus 10 years of very healthy salaries. As for a goats milk business ?? I don't know about that, but I do know a very good coconut milk business looking for investors

A worthy point there Woodsie. My comments on bipolar conditions are dependent upon him actually suffering that disorder. If not then its a totally different scenario. And quite frankly I would like to hear from a psychiatrist who knew him before this issue was raised. I have no trust whatsoever in psychiatrists diagnosing such conditions after the damage is done and legal action is being taken. I've known of too many psychiatric analyses being made on behalf of defence counsels that seem just a little too convenient.

A worthy point there Woodsie. My comments on bipolar conditions are dependent upon him actually suffering that disorder. If not then its a totally different scenario. And quite frankly I would like to hear from a psychiatrist who knew him before this issue was raised. I have no trust whatsoever in psychiatrists diagnosing such conditions after the damage is done and legal action is being taken. I've known of too many psychiatric analyses being made on behalf of defence counsels that seem just a little too convenient.
What about Obeid's mild stroke that has occurred post conviction but pre-sentence, and pre the coal deal trial.

Apart from Foran saying he was "depressed" in his story, and mentions of an unnamed rehab facilility and Physciatrist, has any body actually confirmed that he has been diagnosed as bi-polar?
Maybe @Bearfax leaked it. He's a polar bear and might have taken offence when he was drinking Canadian Club in a bar and Kieran threw a snowball in his face then winked at him.:p
Apparently Bearfax was livid and declared - I'm not that kind of bear!

I am not being insensitive or negative here, it is a genuine question.

Apart from Foran saying he was "depressed" in his story, and mentions of an unnamed rehab facilility and Physciatrist, has any body actually confirmed that he has been diagnosed as bi-polar?
During Kierans interview with Roth tool he admitted that he had officially been diagnosed with bi polar.

He is in big trouble right now. I hope he gets the best support to learn to cope with this condition. Learning about this really explains the behaviour we saw in 14 and currently.

I am just glad that he is away from that he is away from that cesspit of a club.

Ball is in your court Keiran.

I have not seen anything to really confirm why he would walk away from his contract. This is probably the biggest contract signed in NRL history and he asked for $200,000 for a release.

My immediate feeling is that he believes this betting thing could implicate him directly or even just indirectly. This would give Parra grounds to cancel the contract with no payout at all. Maybe he cut his losses (big time), collected this years money (?) plus an extra $200,000. hmmm.

If it was just health issues he could have ridden it out for a lot longer.

Parra may have put the squeeze on him especially at the time he missed the rehab session. I still think the whole truth would be a sad story, no winners here.

I have not seen anything to really confirm why he would walk away from his contract. This is probably the biggest contract signed in NRL history and he asked for $200,000 for a release.

My immediate feeling is that he believes this betting thing could implicate him directly or even just indirectly. This would give Parra grounds to cancel the contract with no payout at all. Maybe he cut his losses (big time), collected this years money (?) plus an extra $200,000. hmmm.

If it was just health issues he could have ridden it out for a lot longer.

Parra may have put the squeeze on him especially at the time he missed the rehab session. I still think the whole truth would be a sad story, no winners here.
The 200k was just the balance of his first year's contract. As Fiz was ruled out with a season ending injury, he rightly claimed the balance for 2016.

It seems that his lifestyle is more important than the limelight of professional sport, or his indeed his young family - sad, but not unheard of @:cool:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8