The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As fans we are entitled to get upset with Foran's performances and attitude in the last couple of years before he left. But having spent years struggling with bipolar issues, I can fully understand what he has been going through. I wish him well, I really do. Being completely true to yourself is a great start, but you need to make a conscious decision to stay vigilant. That is the hard part. It makes a mess of your head, when all you really want is to be happy, loved and admired. When he says he has a thick skin...that is a cover up. People with bipolar need love and adulation. People who do not understand sudden mood swings from euphoria to deep depression, will really never understand. It is unfair to trivialise his condition, but fair enough to bag him for his lack of dedication when he was playing last year.
I hope he manages these issues better from here on in, but if he doesn't, he will certainly not be the last mentally challenged person to sink back into the behaviour that damages you. It is a daily struggle

Sorry but his ex sounds like a real bitch.
Yeah he loves his kids and wants them looked after but her taking 3 houses, a car and undisclosed amount of money and leaving him with $100,000 sounds like he has really been bent over and rammed.
Let the bloke at least keep one of their houses.
Yeah he has the potential to earn big money and get him self re-set up for life is there but at the moment it may not happen.

So, I agree with a few on here that the interview contained , at best a few half truths, and at worst, a few untruths.

I do, however, believe Foz when he stated that no player at Manly would run out on the field with the intention of not winning.

It did seem at times last year though that some players... might have been intent on not losing, but weren't intent on winning either.

So glad our club sacked Andrew Johns.
Are you being sarcastic ?

Have a look at our statistics while Joey was in our staff apart from 2015...

The best footy mind in the game . I could not care if he acts like a clown ! It is the result that matters

2014 sf against the dogs with 6 starting 1st graders injured ! We get robbed by a field goal

Johns knowledge was instrumental

Wow, you came to these conclusions from your years of training in this field?

I come to the conclusion that he is lying because he sounds evasive and is choosing his words carefully on the fly, which someone who is telling the truth wouldn't do.

I come to the conclusion he is in denial about his recovery because nobody who has problems that severe would say they have them under control only 3 months later.

First observation from me was just a couple of minutes in when he said he'd pull over and have a sleep because he didn't want to kill himself on the M1. I travel it every day and occasionally have a nasty night of insomnia. My main concern when I can't get to sleep is that I don't want to kill anyone else on the M1.
Completely different perspective and one which I think says a great deal about Mr Foran.
Good luck to him with his recovery, but I've really had enough of him.
Completely staged and rehearsed interview - and even then, Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz was rubbish.

First observation from me was just a couple of minutes in when he said he'd pull over and have a sleep because he didn't want to kill himself on the M1. I travel it every day and occasionally have a nasty night of insomnia. My main concern when I can't get to sleep is that I don't want to kill anyone else on the M1.
Completely different perspective and one which I think says a great deal about Mr Foran.
Good luck to him with his recovery, but I've really had enough of him.
Completely staged and rehearsed interview - and even then, Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz was rubbish.
Has he been to budgewoi?

Just listening now - if Arthur knew back in December how much Foran was struggling, why on earth add to the pressure on him by making him captain of a club in turmoil, and to which he was a newcomer?? Arthur must have a very dark side.
Good question - or he's selectively blind.

Is there any wonder there is a stigma attached to mental health after reading some of the opinions here. Good on him for doing the interview and talking about whatever he felt comfortable with addressing and to the depth he felt was appropriate. I wish him well in getting better, it's not going to be an easy road.

Doesn't excuse Rothfield though, how annoying is his voice ? I can see why he restricts himself to print media.

My nephew has HDADD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does, it is crystal clear - Steven Wright.

With all this bipolar talk, I really miss DSM5. I wish he was still around to give his views on topics like this one. One thing about DSM5, he didn't mollycoddle. If someone has a problem, and god there are a plethora to choose from these days, it is up to the individual to sort it. Privately. I don't give a rats if you're a well known sports star or a toilet cleaner from Hobart, it's pretty simple.

Turn your phone off Foz and don't return calls to the media. Close your social borders and realise you don't have an obligation to anyone other than yourself and your immediate family. Tell the rest of us to piss off and get yourself better. You have the opportunity for a completely fresh start, which is more than a lot of other people get in this life. Get off the grog, stick to your medications, choose your mates carefully and get back to what you're good at. Footy!

This is a massive opportunity for you, Foz! Grab it and run, mate. At the end of the day, what happens from this very second is completely up to you and your life will unfold before you based on the choices and decisions you make.

It's your life. Own it, mistakes and all. Move forward with dignity.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Sorry but his ex sounds like a real bitch.
Yeah he loves his kids and wants them looked after but her taking 3 houses, a car and undisclosed amount of money and leaving him with $100,000 sounds like he has really been bent over and rammed.
Let the bloke at least keep one of their houses.
Yeah he has the potential to earn big money and get him self re-set up for life is there but at the moment it may not happen.
IMG_20160731_180125.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10