The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I personally wish I never said anything about Kieran before he left, and have regretted it ever since. Anything I hear, see or find out now, I keep to myself.

@Rex and I had an avid debate about the way we speak about players & how it may affect their families, friends and themselves.

I'm ashamed of the things I said, and won't ever make those mistakes again.

I hope Kieran gets well, comes back with a vengeance, and if they want it, his family life is very, very happy, very, very soon.

Row over journalist Phil Rothfield's relationship with punter Eddie Hayson heats up

• Kate McClymont and Nick McKenzie
The controversy embroiling News Corp sports journalist Phil "Buzz' Rothfield over his relationship with notorious gambler and former brothel owner Eddie Hayson has escalated as the former partner of league star Kieran Foran attacks the journalist.

"If only you would report the actual 'truth' of the situation instead of doing favours for your good mate Eddy [sic] and Kieran," Rebecca Pope posted on Facebook on Sunday.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/row-over-...hip-with-punter-heats-up-20160731-gqhs6d.html

Wow this is getting nasty. This bird sounds like a cow

I don't quite get how people are forming that opinion TBH - she's actually kept out of it for the most part, can't blame anyone for sticking up for themselves in the face of the latest round of rumours and assorted rubbish.

I noticed when people were posting Instagram links a few months ago, someone had commented on one of her posts along the lines of Foran needing to grow up and realize he had a young family, and couldn't be screwing around all over the place just because he's a high profile athlete. Can't remember the exact wording, but the inference was pretty clear as to who'd been doing the cheating and that friends/acquaintances of the couple knew of it, and were encouraging Rebecca to keep her chin up and that the truth would come out eventually (this would've been when the 'not the daddy' rumours were in full swing).

Seems like she's probably got a fair bit of mud to sling, but has chosen to be a bit dignified and keep it out of the papers.

As fans we are entitled to get upset with Foran's performances and attitude in the last couple of years before he left. But having spent years struggling with bipolar issues, I can fully understand what he has been going through. I wish him well, I really do. Being completely true to yourself is a great start, but you need to make a conscious decision to stay vigilant. That is the hard part. It makes a mess of your head, when all you really want is to be happy, loved and admired. When he says he has a thick skin...that is a cover up. People with bipolar need love and adulation. People who do not understand sudden mood swings from euphoria to deep depression, will really never understand. It is unfair to trivialise his condition, but fair enough to bag him for his lack of dedication when he was playing last year.
I hope he manages these issues better from here on in, but if he doesn't, he will certainly not be the last mentally challenged person to sink back into the behaviour that damages you. It is a daily struggle
Having seen bipolar up close and personal, I agree with you Wombat that it is ridiculous to trivialise the condition. The euphoric highs are super high and the conflicted lows are super low. And anyone who thinks it is just a simple matter of pulling yourself together doesn't have a clue of what bipolar (1 or 2) is all about.

Bipolar naturally affects motivation significantly at times, and creates extra dramas even where no dramas really exist. The diagnosis helps explain a lot of the crazy behaviours he's been up to. I'm in no position to bag him and can only wish him (and you) well.

I know I personally wish I never said anything about Kieran before he left, and have regretted it ever since. Anything I hear, see or find out now, I keep to myself.

@Rex and I had an avid debate about the way we speak about players & how it may affect their families, friends and themselves.

I'm ashamed of the things I said, and won't ever make those mistakes again.

I hope Kieran gets well, comes back with a vengeance, and if they want it, his family life is very, very happy, very, very soon.
Emotions are funny beasts. It seems what we genuinely wish for others we give to ourselves. Guaranteed. Instantly.

After listening to the interview it appears that Foran really is in trouble.

The rant from his ex confirms how toxic things are between them and how that must be ripping him apart.

Rothfield is a sworn enemy of our club and her accusations are explosive. I just hope now that Keiran just fixes his life up and stays out of the media now. They whole episode is bloody sad to be honest.

Sorry but his ex sounds like a real bitch.
Yeah he loves his kids and wants them looked after but her taking 3 houses, a car and undisclosed amount of money and leaving him with $100,000 sounds like he has really been bent over and rammed.
Let the bloke at least keep one of their houses.
Yeah he has the potential to earn big money and get him self re-set up for life is there but at the moment it may not happen.
She's come out publicly yesterday and said that was all bull**** she hasn't been given 3 houses and money. Spin by Buzz to make Kieran more sympathetic. That's what you get from Buzz of you pay him $2000...... Sorry I forgot the $2000 was for tickets to a game not a pay off. I wish Eddie would buy tickets from me, that's a very healthy mark up.

Wow this is getting nasty. This bird sounds like a cow.
Foz Wil never get back on field sounds like big possibly. There more to this I believe
I didn't hear and Moos.
It sounds like she's telling her side of the story which she is entitled to and she doesn't have media personalities backing her up and making her sound a troubled Golden Girl.

Having seen bipolar up close and personal, I agree with you Wombat that it is ridiculous to trivialise the condition. The euphoric highs are super high and the conflicted lows are super low. And anyone who thinks it is just a simple matter of pulling yourself together doesn't have a clue of what bipolar (1 or 2) is all about.

Bipolar naturally affects motivation significantly at times, and creates extra dramas even where no dramas really exist. The diagnosis helps explain a lot of the crazy behaviours he's been up to. I'm in no position to bag him and can only wish him (and you) well.

Totally agree Rex.

The condition which primarily used to be called Manic-Depression, is a condition that I worked with throughout my career with people on the wrong side of the law. Untreated it can lead to wild behaviour followed by suicidal tendencies.

I would suggest that, though Foran looks to be an arrogant self seeking type, that he is probably quite lacking in confidence, given the condition and can be deeply affected by things that go wrong in his life. We criticised him for his delay in deciding upon his decision to move to Paramatta and the time it took, but I would suspect he has difficulty in his decision making, given his fluctuating emotions and dramatic mood swings, from wild behaviour, to depression to total disinterest and that makes decision making hard and often flawed. We seem to forget when he signed his earlier contract with Manly instead of going across to the Dogs with Hasler, how long it went for and the stress he seemed to feel. Do we not recall how apparently pained he felt in letting his mentor Hasler down by staying with Manly then.

Foran may seem the attractive, talented self centred character he is painted. Certainly he would be quite sensitive and self focused, looking for releases such as in gambling, alcohol, drug use maybe various trysts to make him feel good. Bipolar conditions often cause marital disharmony and breakups. He seems one troubled young man, who needs time out and an effective medication and therapy regime, before he returns to the game.

Totally agree Rex.

The condition which primarily used to be called Manic-Depression, is a condition that I worked with throughout my career with people on the wrong side of the law. Untreated it can lead to wild behaviour followed by suicidal tendencies.

I would suggest that, though Foran looks to be an arrogant self seeking type, that he is probably quite lacking in confidence, given the condition and can be deeply affected by things that go wrong in his life. We criticised him for his delay in deciding upon his decision to move to Paramatta and the time it took, but I would suspect he has difficulty in his decision making, given his fluctuating emotions and dramatic mood swings, from wild behaviour, to depression to total disinterest and that makes decision making hard and often flawed. We seem to forget when he signed his earlier contract with Manly instead of going across to the Dogs with Hasler, how long it went for and the stress he seemed to feel. Do we not recall how apparently pained he felt in letting his mentor Hasler down by staying with Manly then.

Foran may seem the attractive, talented self centred character he is painted. Certainly he would be quite sensitive and self focused, looking for releases such as in gambling, alcohol, drug use maybe various trysts to make him feel good. Bipolar conditions often cause marital disharmony and breakups. He seems one troubled young man, who needs time out and an effective medication and therapy regime, before he returns to the game.
It would not surprise anyone who has had experience with bipolar if he did or was abusing substances.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10