The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Manly move to bring Foran home
By The Mole
July 3, 2016

SECRET talks are under way to get Kieran Foran back to Manly in 2018 on compassionate grounds.

With Foran having all sorts of problems off the field, some of those closest to him believe a return to the familiar surroundings at Manly – and his old mates – is the bet thing to get the star halfback’s life back on track.

Foran is torn because he’s extremely close to Eels coach Brad Arthur but his life and relationships have spiralled out of control over recent months, culminating in a stint in rehab in Queensland.

Injury problems, the revelation huge sums went missing from his TAB account and questions about his relationship with brothel owner Eddie Hayson have only added to his woes.

If Foran asks for a release on compassionate grounds, the Eels would be duty-bound to at least consider giving it to him.

Foran is in the first season of a four-year deal with Parra – but has an option to get out after two seasons.

The 25-year-old, who is sidelined for the rest of the season due to a shoulder injury, was stripped of the club captaincy at the Eels earlier in the week for failing to fulfil his club duties.
Wont be happening if we have just signed Blake Green

If he wrote that letter to the parra players himself then I'm William Shakespeare! It would would have been the same PR merchant who was doing the board's stupid statements at that time.

I always thought that Foran was a very difficult guy especially with all of those contract sagas in 2009 and in 2013 and the mid 2014 to mid 2015 was incredible. It almost wrecked the club and cost Toovs his job and we are still paying for it and will be paying for a long time.

However I never saw this stuff coming. Drinking gambling. Not turning up to rehab etc. I am absolutely stunned.
You reap what you sow

On the one hand the owners complain to G'berg about unsavoury elements in the dressing room, but then attempt to 'bring home' a player who is most in the thrall of said elements.

It would only make sense if they received a guarantee that he severs those links, or face the consequences. And isn't Foran's manager Mimis? Enough said.

I think the 'big news' is more likely the Green story.

If he wrote that letter to the parra players himself then I'm William Shakespeare! It would would have been the same PR merchant who was doing the board's stupid statements at that time.
Dalai asked him to update the Team in April, whilst in rehab,, and this is what he wrote.
Again I feel that he was being pressured to be a leader that it is just too overwhelming @:cool:
5f05c657c7b69c5355b05667fc5764ea.jpg

Certain
That's got to be a gee up hasn't it ? That looks like something straight out of the pages of Dolly magazine.
It was read out to the team at the time when he first went into Rehab. So OTT in both content and presentation that it makes you doubt whether it is fair dinkum.

Certain

It was read out to the team at the time when he first went into Rehab. So OTT in both content and presentation that it makes you doubt whether it is fair dinkum.
The 'writing' would be just a reproduction for legibility.
The kid's fragile state of mind, a few days after overdosing would explain the sentimentality.

The Coach imposing on Fiz to update the Team is absolutely plausible. Dalai just wants to win footy games, as he always states to each Parra crisis question :cool:

Making it public, was not in the best interest of the peson struggling with reposibilities :mad:

The more this story develops the clearer it is that those who run the game, much like many other sports, have no idea or a desire to help players suffering from mental illness.

I guess until something tragic happens to a high profile player (or a groundswell like concussion) things are not going to change

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8