[Resurrected] The 'General' Cust

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Awesome game,but just might have cost us an extra couple of hundred grand to re-sign him now ;) .Was on a bargain basement deal and everyone is looking for the next big thing.Need to do what we did with Garrick and get his signature quick smart....
Agreed. All this talk about needing to spend big bucks to recruit a half to partner chez. I think we've seen this yr so far with Cust Croker and Elgey we have enough options and good depth in that position. Id be re signing Waddell, Cust and the rest of the young squad before looking at recruiting. One position that needs to be filled to be genuine contenders is a strike outside back. Bring up olokauatu keppie and schuster, buy a couple handy forwards in the waddell mould and a strike back and continue to bring in these young guns within our squad.

2017 NYC GF with Cade, Nase etc

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/10/02/grand-final-eels-v-sea-eagles-1st-half/

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/10/02/grand-final-eels-v-sea-eagles-2nd-half/

Sea Eagles Holden Cup team

1 Jade Anderson

2 Alfred Smalley

3 Tevita Funa

4 Semisi Kioa

5 Bilal Maarbani

6 Tom Wright

7 Cade Cust

8 Jaiden Tarrant

9 Manase Fainu (C)

10 Elia Faatui

11 Blake Andrews

12 Josh Martin

13 Haumole Olakauátu

Interchange

14 Kurtis Preece

15 Jesse Martin

16 Zaan Weatherall

17 John Tuivati

I honestly look at this side now...and the potential that has been realised this season through Des and co....and I really don’t want to recruit anyone to replace them! It is amazing what some positive coaching can do. If any of them got dropped for a prized recruit I would be upset about it...and that goes for rank outsiders and players we bemoaned as reserve graders not long ago.

Remarkable state of affairs. Loving it.

Last edited:
He did quite well...it is tough playing in the halves, let alone a debut...but I thought Elgey looked better.
Only because LG was fed 80% by both our hookers :confused:

Not sure if it was a directive from Des to save on Cade's workload in his first game or what :think:

Agreed. All this talk about needing to spend big bucks to recruit a half to partner chez. I think we've seen this yr so far with Cust Croker and Elgey we have enough options and good depth in that position. Id be re signing Waddell, Cust and the rest of the young squad before looking at recruiting. One position that needs to be filled to be genuine contenders is a strike outside back. Bring up olokauatu keppie and schuster, buy a couple handy forwards in the waddell mould and a strike back and continue to bring in these young guns within our squad.
Corey Oates would look ok on the end of a Manly backline, wouldn’t he?

I agree with you, if we had a winger capable of scoring 15-20 tries a season, look out!!

Corey Oates would look ok on the end of a Manly backline, wouldn’t he?

I agree with you, if we had a winger capable of scoring 15-20 tries a season, look out!!
But then, even Jorge looked sharp tonight! didn’t get much ball, but he looked switched on apart from the Sharks first try.

But then, even Jorge looked sharp tonight! didn’t get much ball, but he looked switched on apart from the Sharks first try.
Tell me about it! I felt bad even thinking about how to improve the team after today’s performance (and this year’s performances). But, we can’t sit still.

I am a MASSIVE CC fan and I am absolutely STOKED to see the kid get his chance and take it with both hands PLUS I have not been overly impressed with LG to this point BUT...
LG's kicking game was a 10/+0 today and most of our tries were a direct result of his kicking... I am sticking with LG at this point when DCE comes back because of the way he is growing into the role... it's a happy situation tho that I would be happy if Des went with LG, CC or LC next to DCE...
Elgeys defense has been tested all year as well, and he has been solid in that area every game thus far. Has come on leaps and bounds from last year. Well done Kane

Actually had that thought this morning...where does Elliott go when Turbo comes in? Sadly, he’s done a most excellent job, but stands to be dropped for a true superstar. But then, that’s footy.
Is a very handy backup.. but that's prob as good as it gets unfortunately. Just doesn't have the speed or strength to trouble defenses in the outside backs. Has alot of heart and effort though, and he can thank those qualities for getting him into first grade. Would of made a good winger 10 years ago..

I honestly look at this side now...and the potential that has been realised this season through Des and co....and I really don’t want to recruit anyone to replace them! It is amazing what some positive coaching can do. If any of them got dropped for a prized recruit I would be upset about it...and that goes for rank outsiders and players we bemoaned as reserve graders not long ago.

Remarkable state of affairs. Loving it.
I think the back end of the year will identify where we need strengthening

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8