• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't believe that the DCE's poor performances are his fault. Sides that we oppose in matches, Target Cherry Evans because he is not partnered with a recognised half. E.g. 2017, When Chez was in the halves with Green he was less pressured from other teams because he had Green to complement and take the pressure off himself

DCE to be the best he can be. We need a forward leader to bring to the club like a BK we did for the young talent to inspire. Watmough, gifty, kite, king all grew in self belief as a result. Jake, Siro, Marty, AFB, Perrett need that guy. A James graham or burgess type with absolute passion and desire and to bring the other with him.

As a captain he’s not really a leader just a really great player to have on your side. Doesn’t need to responsibility of that as well just play your game.Jake whilst young has the passion and fire to bleed for the club and that’s out leader. Still lot to learn but he’ll develop.

Lastly we need to be chasing an organising, game managing half back I believe that DCE is more a 5/8 and I’d be more worried about him getting that ball 2 passes out and running toward me than first receiver as limiting his running game which is his strength. Great kick, great pass and more time to do it all. No brainer. Just my opinion to get the best out of our marquee player and value.

I am actually quite concerned about how this will all impact on DCE's mental health. There is only so much any individual can take, however resilient they are. He has been the whipping boy for the last few years now, everything from being banished from SOO, Aust team, blamed by some for us losing forme, slammed by every non-Manly supporter for the back flip, slammed for taking up too much of our cap, blamed for every loss when he has had little useful support from his numerous 5/8s, criticised for being too squeaky clean, for being too eloquent and well spoken. Geez I could go on all day, I am sure half of qld would hold him responsible for the state of the economy if they could find an angle.

I would like to see at least Manly supporters getting behind him, give him a break, or will some people not be happy until he has a total breakdown

Rant over but far out some people need to give it a break
Well said MissKate, agree with you.

DCE's poor performances really come down to TB imo. He's trying to do too much and he's not a natural leader. Last time I saw it was a team sport. So TB should swallow his pride and put Hastings on or at least come up with a game plan that doesn't see DCE running around like a headless chook.He should also grow some balls and get team discipline in order. Maybe punish players who are serial offenders in giving away penalties / backchatting. DCE is a great player but he aint Spartacus.

DCE's poor performances really come down to TB imo. He's trying to do too much and he's not a natural leader. Last time I saw it was a team sport. So TB should swallow his pride and put Hastings on or at least come up with a game plan that doesn't see DCE running around like a headless chook.He should also grow some balls and get team discipline in order. Maybe punish players who are serial offenders in giving away penalties / backchatting. DCE is a great player but he aint Spartacus.

Mate, with a squad of 29 or 30 players, it would be a pretty easy proposition for Barrett to discipline the blokes giving away too many penalties......drop them or at least threaten them with it.

As it stands - what's he threaten them with? Maybe 30 minutes in a room with Peter Peters could do the trick I gues....

Mate, with a squad of 29 or 30 players, it would be a pretty easy proposition for Barrett to discipline the blokes giving away too many penalties......drop them or at least threaten them with it.

As it stands - what's he threaten them with? Maybe 30 minutes in a room with Peter Peters could do the trick I gues....
That should do the trick .

We'll be equal last Brad. Cherry is not the problem. One bloke organizing the attack can only do so much, especially when the opposition know you've only got one go-to man.

Totally agree with you on this @wombatgc......!

Just want to add that in our first two or three games, when we had a team not decimated by injuries, Chez looked like an absolute star. Because he had some solid players around him, doing their job. Now he has not changed his game since then, but the players around him have changed.

And the opposition just smash him, because they know he is our attacking weapon.

He tries his guts out and he is a creative, off the cuff player and is incredibly talented.

However he does try too hard at times and I honestly can not fault him for that.

After watching JT tonight, it certainly shows that by not having some key players around him, he simply can not win games on his own. He made a number of mistakes tonight and had little impact. Will he get lamabasted for his performance. Probably not, because clearly he is not the single reason for the Cows loss tonight.

Honestly I am sick of the DCE vitriol, the media and commentators do enough of that. We as fans dont need to buy into that rubbish. Chez is our captain and a very, very good footballer. He is not the problem here and should not be used at the whipping boy.

I don't think it's a coincedence that Cherry has been at the centre of some of our recent player dramas. Whilst I agree he is a fine player, he's not a leader. The problem is, Barrett can't just sack him now. All he can do is establish a "leadership group" of senior players with co-captains, one of which needs to be Jake. The players are more likely to get behind Jake & to have any chance of getting this season back on track, the playing group needs to be united. Something they aren't at the moment & probably won't be as long as Cherry remains Captain.,

I am actually quite concerned about how this will all impact on DCE's mental health. There is only so much any individual can take, however resilient they are. He has been the whipping boy for the last few years now, everything from being banished from SOO, Aust team, blamed by some for us losing forme, slammed by every non-Manly supporter for the back flip, slammed for taking up too much of our cap, blamed for every loss when he has had little useful support from his numerous 5/8s, criticised for being too squeaky clean, for being too eloquent and well spoken. Geez I could go on all day, I am sure half of qld would hold him responsible for the state of the economy if they could find an angle.

I would like to see at least Manly supporters getting behind him, give him a break, or will some people not be happy until he has a total breakdown

Rant over but far out some people need to give it a break
More of this please

Totally agree with you on this @wombatgc......!

Just want to add that in our first two or three games, when we had a team not decimated by injuries, Chez looked like an absolute star. Because he had some solid players around him, doing their job. Now he has not changed his game since then, but the players around him have changed.

And the opposition just smash him, because they know he is our attacking weapon.

He tries his guts out and he is a creative, off the cuff player and is incredibly talented.

However he does try too hard at times and I honestly can not fault him for that.

After watching JT tonight, it certainly shows that by not having some key players around him, he simply can not win games on his own. He made a number of mistakes tonight and had little impact. Will he get lamabasted for his performance. Probably not, because clearly he is not the single reason for the Cows loss tonight.

Honestly I am sick of the DCE vitriol, the media and commentators do enough of that. We as fans dont need to buy into that rubbish. Chez is our captain and a very, very good footballer. He is not the problem here and should not be used at the whipping boy.
As far as I could see, Thurston has all his big guns on board. I'm pretty sure their at or close to full strength. But you don't see the media tearing down the great JT.

I’m a big DCE fan as a player. He is what he is. If you want him to be a master organiser he will disappoint you. But if you judge him as a hard tackling running brilliant half ( which We knew we were getting when we paid for him) then he is fine. No doubt we paid too much but that ain’t his fault.When you buy a player like that you need to consider who you put inside him. We haven’t done that properly.

On JT he gets cut more slack because he has walked the walk for Cowboys, Queensland and Australia for a decade. Chez hasn’t. It’s not a conspiracy.
Manly is news. Always have been. Nothing new here.

I wonder if DCE is considering pulling the pin on the club if things don't improve.

Surely he must rue the day he flipped.

He could put out the old 'want to go back to Queersland' and end up a Titan. Play second grade behind Taylor and life would be stress free.

10 year contract

what happens if he has a long term form slump ?

What if you found a better player than Dce on a quarter of the money ? Through recruitment

DCE won a comp as a rookie with us it does happen

Chad Townsend for Cronulla is another example

I’m sorry but this is the craziest thing that has happened in Manly history

Together with all this other bull crap

Since the Penns have taken full control this club has become a circus and a laughing stock of NRL

Reap what u sow

Last edited:
DCE is all at sea when he does not have a five-eighth who guides the team around the park, his worst seasons were 16 and this season when there has been no established pivot. I think that DCE is not in a good head space at the moment, some of the errors from him are truly schoolboy, the goal kick miss today is ridiculous and cost the team dearly.

The decision to sign him to an 8-year contract was made in a desperate attempt to not lose him and signing guys like Myles to keep him.

I said at the time that no player is bigger than the club and now we see DCE as a Captain and leader who no doubt tries but has not improved his game in relation to managing one in clutch situations consistently.

Manly need a stable pivot to compliment DCE and you will see him bounce back to form.

I think this is a crucial time for DCE and if things dont improve he will be forced to deal with the real possibility that the captaincy will be gone and that other up and coming players will be looking for an opportunity.

I really hope that DCE can turn around his slump cause his team needs him more than ever right now!!

10 year contract

what happens if he has a long term form slump ?

What if you found a better player than Dce on a quarter of the money ? Through recruitment

DCE won a comp as a rookie with us it does happen

Chad Townsend for Cronulla is another example

I’m sorry but this is the craziest thing that has happened in Manly history

Together with all this other bull crap

Since the Penns have taken full control this club has become a circus and a laughing stock of NRL

Reap what u sow

8 year contract.

Why do people continually use 10 years?????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8