• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not necessarily. He played Api at 7 two years ago when Chez was injured. He may bring up Tom Wright to cover the 6.

That worked out well....5 games, 1 win and in that win (against the Warriors at Mt Smart - remember the day Turbo and Skivy carved them up??), he barely seemed to touch the ball.

He did play one other game in the halves in 2016.....played 5/8 alongside Cherry at Penrith the day they toweled us up 36-6.

That's a 1-5 record with Api in the halves.

With Api in the halves (all games in 2016).....

Halfback:
Rd.5 - Lost to Souffs 16-12 @ Brookvale (5/8 Dylan Walker)*
Rd.6 - Won 36-18 over the Warriors @ Mt Smart (5/8 Dylan Walker)
Rd.7 - Lost to the Eels 22-10 @ Brookvale (5/8 Dylan Walker)
Rd.14 - Lost to Penrith 31-24 @ Brookvale (5/8 Dylan Walker)
Rd.15 - Lost to Gold Coast 30-10 @ Robina (5/8 Pita Godinet)

* Somehow Ch.9 gave Api the MoM for the Souffs loss.

Five-Eight:
Rd.26 - Lost to Penrith 36-6 @ Penrith (HB Daly Cherry-Evans)

I honestly wish people would get over this 'Api can play in the halves' crap.

Last edited:
He is his own worst enemy; when you demand such a large chunk of the pie it's hard to assemble a reasonable team around him.
I dont know mate , it doesn't seem to be an issue when we win easy . Weve hammered some over the last 3 years with similar teams and Dce usualy stands tall.

I reckon DCE had a go - his defence was driving big forwards onto their backs.
He is playing very frustrated atm.
He was never a 1 million dollar player and the unfair pressure on him is not his fault.
If any of us were offered more than we are worth at our workplace, we accept right ?
His no try after players again don’t run through the line after last week, was mind boggling.
In simple terms- he tried hard in an ordinary, lacklustre team...also gave away some dumb penalties and made bad decisions with the ball including kicking game, but was 1 of a few that had a go.

DCE is in his 8th season of first grade I cut Tommy and Jake a bit more slack but agree that they are below par also. Like it all not he will be judged by his pay packet and at the moment he is not close to earning his dollars. The truth is Foran carried him and when he left DCE went backwards Green shows up DCE is great again Green leaves we are back to mediocre DCE.
Yes Foran carried him, that’s why Foran took Parra, the Warriors and Bulldogs to the promised land.

They worked well together because their skill set complemented each other. Not hard to work out.

Thurston couldn’t get the Cowboys near a GF until the right halves pairing was found in Morgan.

Was a deadest eye gauge, whats going on with this guy at the moment? fights, strippers, eye gauging and form.

Maybe his advisers have concluded that the scripted, carefully thought out approach isn’t working and he’s better off being a “loose unit” if he wants a post footy media careeer - if you do the numbers the Andrew Johns, Matty Johns, Bryan Fletcher types outnumber the Cooper Cronk types by a large margin. Even Hoppa gets the odd media gig.

I reckon DCE had a go - his defence was driving big forwards onto their backs.
He is playing very frustrated atm.
He was never a 1 million dollar player and the unfair pressure on him is not his fault.
If any of us were offered more than we are worth at our workplace, we accept right ?
His no try after players again don’t run through the line after last week, was mind boggling.
In simple terms- he tried hard in an ordinary, lacklustre team...also gave away some dumb penalties and made bad decisions with the ball including kicking game, but was 1 of a few that had a go.
I just don't see enough talk or passion from him on the field and man oh man do we need that from our Captain. I was frankly stunned he got the gig over Jake this year. I thought that was a real kick in the guts to our spiritual leader. Jake might be young, he might get in strife occasionally with the refs when he loses it - but he's Manly through and through and will be an all time legend with this club. DCE really just needs to focus on his game atm. Clearly the pressure of captaincy isn't helping.

I just don't see enough talk or passion from him on the field and man oh man do we need that from our Captain. I was frankly stunned he got the gig over Jake this year. I thought that was a real kick in the guts to our spiritual leader. Jake might be young, he might get in strife occasionally with the refs when he loses it - but he's Manly through and through and will be an all time legend with this club. DCE really just needs to focus on his game atm. Clearly the pressure of captaincy isn't helping.
Agree that DCE lacks inspiration through his talk, but not the passion.
If anything he is a bloke not as good as his price tag who is trying so hard to live up to it, is bleeding mistakes and bad decisions...acts cool but is playing very, very frustrated.
Unfortunately Jake as good as he is, leads by actions and is also not much of a talker.
A leader like big Sammy, BK in a time capsule would be the dream addition, but unfortunately that's a pipe dream.....
Just another reason to bring in Hastings - the bloke is not a World beater overnight answer, but he has plenty of passion and mongrel and would do more talking than the entire Manly 13 on the field at any point last night.

DCE is not in a good headspace at the moment. He is struggling to lead the team and we lack cohesion and a plan. Barrett has to get in Hastings to give him options and time to create.

DCE continues to not finish sets consistently, too many mistakes with his kicking and it's hurting the team. Please ditch the short kickoffs because they are just compounding things!!

Literally with a squad of 20. We can't compete. It's almost against player health that we play.
But we have to and we will.
The other side will be a good day.
Not sure what the cries of player welfare are about with all our injuries. 17 players take the field each week who are presumably fit . Those players are part of a 30 man first grade list.

Unless we get to a stage where halves are playing prop the players play each week as they are paid to do. The results will be awful but player welfare is not an issue.

Last edited:
I am actually quite concerned about how this will all impact on DCE's mental health. There is only so much any individual can take, however resilient they are. He has been the whipping boy for the last few years now, everything from being banished from SOO, Aust team, blamed by some for us losing forme, slammed by every non-Manly supporter for the back flip, slammed for taking up too much of our cap, blamed for every loss when he has had little useful support from his numerous 5/8s, criticised for being too squeaky clean, for being too eloquent and well spoken. Geez I could go on all day, I am sure half of qld would hold him responsible for the state of the economy if they could find an angle.

I would like to see at least Manly supporters getting behind him, give him a break, or will some people not be happy until he has a total breakdown

Rant over but far out some people need to give it a break

Hastings needs to play, according to DCE it was a lovers tiff....geez these two blokes used to hate each other now they need a bucket of water tossed over them to separate them
63933630.jpg

Not sure what the cries of player welfare are about with all our injuries. 17 players take the field each week who are presumably fit . Those players are part of a 30 man first grade list.

Unless we get to a stage where halves are playing prop the players play each week as they are paid to do. The results will be awful but player welfare is not an issue.
With lack of choice there's no time to heal injuries properly. Players will have to be rushed back like Tommy was.
We've only got 20/21 now. It could be below 17 soon. Four ACLs in a the first 8 rounds is incredibly bad luck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10