• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He is a great talent and proved this again last season. The problem isn't DCE, it's people's expectations of him to change based solely on his salary. We are paying him for his talent and ability knowing that he isn't an organiser. He makes up for it in his attacking flair and brilliant defence for a half.

The recruitment is to blame. We just need a simple, cheap player who can boss the team around, tackle a bit and put the odd kick in at 5/8. Is there someone in England? Surely. If you find the guy, the combined salary of the halves combination won't need to be any higher than the better clubs around and we will benefit from having perhaps the best ad-lib halfback in the game.

8 year contract.

Why do people continually use 10 years?????
Pretty sure it was a "lifetime" contract meaning his contract goes when he can no longer play through injury or retirement, not a 10 year contract.
Also it's not so much $1m a year but a percentage of the cap

We should renegotiate / downgrade his contract. At the end of his career he'll be eligible for a testimonial where gate takings + "memorabilia sales" *cough cough* will net him a cool $5million.:D

Pretty sure it was a "lifetime" contract meaning his contract goes when he can no longer play through injury or retirement, not a 10 year contract.
Also it's not so much $1m a year but a percentage of the cap

I'm sure it is 8 years. 6 with a 2 year option.

I think they used the term "lifetime contract" because, effectively an 8 year deal is the lifetime of his NRL career (given he will be 34 when that 8 years expires).

Is $1.3m too much for 1 player? Maybe. Maybe not.

I am a fan of DCE's and I believe that given even a decent (as opposed to good) 5/8, or if Barrett actually picked the one we do have at the club.....then his form would rise accordingly. Right now he is one man playing the role of 2 and that is doomed to failure, just like we're seeing.

But to answer your question......giving 3.3% of your playing roster 13.8% of the salary cap doesn't make much financial sense.

But it is what it is and unless DCE ever re-negotiates for a lower salary to help Manly, its what we have until his career is basically done. At least we know that we're not likely to lose him to rep footy so what he does play will be in the maroon and white.

Last edited:
I'm sure it is 8 years. 6 with a 2 year option.

I think they used the term "lifetime contract" because, effectively an 8 year deal is the lifetime of his NRL career (given he will be 34 when that 8 years expires).
Can u imagine Silvertails blowing up when his 34 and paying him all this money!! We will be up **** creek with no paddle

a message to the forum D**heads who contributed to my suspension for 3 days.
this forum is about expressing opinions.
we are fans with passion.
fans who have been loyal for 40 yrs (in my case)
fans who want to help bring back our manly spirit
fans who pay to watch games
fans who look forward to cheering our boys to a win
fans who are dissented with recent experiences
we can voice our opinion without prejudiced

so here's to u , for the silence treatment
middle-finger-3.jpg

a message to the forum D**heads who contributed to my suspension by the forum for 3 days.
this forum is about expressing opinions.
we are fans with passion.
fans who have been loyal for 40 yrs (in my case)
fans who want to help bring back our manly spirit
fans who pay to watch games
fans who look forward to cheering our boys to a win
fans who are dissented with recent experiences
we can voice our opinion without prejudiced

so here to u , for the silence treatment View attachment 8288

And that kind of attitude may just earn you a longer ban!

Please read the terms of service, you are in breach of several rules

I’m kind of giving you every chance here to go read the rules of the site.

I’m kind of giving you every chance here to go read the rules of the site.

ive read much worse reviews and opinions, its called expression of views in painful times.
ive simply summarized point that many others have expressed,
please point out to me the exact breach ? and reference to it in the rules

ive read much worse reviews and opinions, its called expression of views in painful times.
ive simply summarized point that many others have expressed,
please point out to me the exact breach ? and reference to it in the rules
First and foremost abusing the moderators and staff. That’s number one.

i dont believe u should have suspended me for the 3 days, a message pointing out where i stepped over the line would have sufficed.

Dan
are you any different to the refs of today?
are u really endorsing the true significance of the forum by suspending people without explanation. ?
give me a break mate.

Dan
are you any different to the refs of today?
are u really endorsing the true significance of the forum by suspending people without explanation. ?
give me a break mate.
Do not abuse people, respect other people even if you do not agree with them.

As a guiding principle would you say what you post to someone in “real life”. If you can safely say that is the case then this might not be the place for you.

It is not that hard really. It is amazing some people have posted on here for years and years (including some massive blowups - many of which I have been involved with) without ever being suspended

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10