The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Once again I watch the first session thinking I'll go to bed at lunch. Then things happen and I end up getting no sleep at all. Riveting watching all series. I've come this far so may as well watch the rain fall hoping we get another session in.

Same old rain...saving England!!!!!

Aust 0-135

Tea Break

Need 249 to win.

Weather will help the ball to swing.

"48 overs" left for today.

edit: Play called off...

Everyone go to bed.

Last edited:
Looks like a top day ahead, great spell from Woakes to start, will try and hang in the rest of the session

Marnus’ amazing run of kick to start his career, where only 14/29 catching opportunities were taken, is now correcting itself and his average is heading back to where it should be, which is probably mid 40s at best

Reminiscent of the World Cup for Steve Smith there (and one of the all time classic lines from Steve Waugh).

Stokes knew he’d dropped it too.

Will the rain stay away for long enough to get a result?

Reminiscent of the World Cup for Steve Smith there (and one of the all time classic lines from Steve Waugh).

Stokes knew he’d dropped it too.

Will the rain stay away for long enough to get a result?

Hopefully smithy anchors the innings and we can get some cameos from head, marsh and Carey to beat the whingers.

What a moronic review. He knew he dropped it so what other outcome did he expect ? And then to whinge about losing the review, the arrogance.

I didn't give us any hope of chasing this down. But we are in this now, despite them getting a special cherry out of the replacement ball box. What a farce that was too.

Be gold if Smudge bats this through and gets us home now. Hoping like all hope that Broad goes wicketless too, that would top off an unlikely victory just nicely.

But can't get ahead of ourselves, still 150 to get.

Early tea has been taken.

Isn't cricket funny that they 'have to go off' for lunch when it is nice 'n sunny only to be met with rain after it.

I know much will be said but what was up with that ball change? Like for like is the rule, not one dusty old worn one for another where you can still see the makers stamp.

then a few wickets, unbelievable

Play to start in 15 mins.

But first the umpires have to give England a brand new ball, go out and scuff the pitch up, turn the sprinklers in the outfield on, turn off the spotlights, and push the boundary ropes back as far as possible - in a totally nothing to see here, keeping it fair for both teams move.

In a surprise twist the umpires have also brought in the Duckworth-Lewis system for this match and Aust have to score 800 runs in 15 overs or England win the ashes 5-0 and the next 20 series.

Play to start in 15 mins.

But first the umpires have to give England a brand new ball, go out and scuff the pitch up, turn the sprinklers in the outfield on, turn off the spotlights, and push the boundary ropes back as far as possible - in a totally nothing to see here, keeping it fair for both teams move.

In a surprise twist the umpires have also brought in the Duckworth-Lewis system for this match and Aust have to score 800 runs in 15 overs or England win the ashes 5-0 and the next 20 series.

Was supposed to be the highlight of my nightshift, relaxing watching a thrilling final day but no bloody weather. I've been so bored I've had to do other stuff - namely my job! Not fair!

**** me

what is it about when I watch cricket.

Aust travelling well. 2 established batsmen, I go to watch, both gone within 15 minutes.

now marsh has gone while typing the above comment.

3 wickets in three overs.

Game over!

Series 2-2, Australia retain the ashes! woohoo.

Give me a retaining of the urn over a loss any time!

Though I feel that was a match Aust should have won, if the batting had a spine.

(I'll never understand how that ball change was legitimate. Aust going on nicely, scoring easily, next minute a ball change and the wickets start falling. )

I'm a bit over Cummings "clifford the big red dog" goofy assed captaincy... hyuck hyuck hyuck things aren't so bright...hyuck.

I want a captain like Border or Waugh who you know will tear strips off what was an insipid batting effort by Australia. Spinless and underperforming.

So 'probably' lucky, but then again 95% of the time Eng. were batting...bright clear blue skies.

Hard fought series, happy to keep the Urn.

2-2 is probably a fair reflection of the series. Some good cricket, tight finishes and two evenly matched sides.

Yep a fair result, rain probably helped the Poms this test. Halted Aussie momentum a couple of times. The changing of the ball was critical.

Close but no cigar. Our batting this series has lacked starch so that capitulation was on point. The inclusion of Woakes and Wood into pommy attack made a massive difference to last 3 tests though, they bowled well.

Of course that knob Broad would have to take the last wicket. Can't say I'll be sad to see the back of him. Absolute punish.

Close but no cigar. Our batting this series has lacked starch so that capitulation was on point. The inclusion of Woakes and Wood into pommy attack made a massive difference to last 3 tests though, they bowled well.

Of course that knob Broad would have to take the last wicket. Can't say I'll be sad to see the back of him. Absolute punish.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Also, our bowling attack badly missed Lyon. His ability to tie down one end whilst a quick was bowling from the other would have helped hamper England’s “bazball” approach and he is so good at working out a batsman’s weaknesses and bowling to a plan to get them out.

Disappointing series overall from Marnus and Smith when we needed one (or both) of them to stand up after the selectors yet again opted for an out of form Warner to open for the series (he needed to retire last summer to give the team time to blood a new opening partnership for the Ashes).

Still, we didn’t lose the series and we retained the Ashes. So got to be content with that.

Reflecting on the series England were the better team. Once Lyons calf went, we were pushing ****e uphill. Schu, Jake, Trell(nsw), Lyon(straya), Kerr (tillies). I'm drowning in a sea of weak calves. When did calves become a thing?

55088cab839fdad92781f1ee7616984a

Why do I have this feeling that Aust shoplifted the ashes like a thief in the night.
Yes, we retained the Ashes,.... but it really feels hollow to me.
Can't agree with that. Australia went into the Poms backyard to give them a chance to take the Ashes from us, they couldn't do it.

Not to mention - it's impossible to steal something you already own yourself!

In the end 2-2 was a fair result, I think after the long campaign with India and the World test championship Australia was flagging a little by the end.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8