The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All depends on the first session tomorrow it'll be massive. Looking at it with a neutral point of view, shame it's not 2 all with last test wins, can you imagine the drama..
A lot of sporting contests I can imagine from a neutral point of view - but not Aus v England at cricket! @:D @:D@:D

Yep the chance that smith dropped was a really tough one however there were a couple of easy ones put down. Warner dropped an easy one off brook very early in his innings. Looking like Warners last test it has been a great career.
yeah, not sure Warner now has the luxury of picking his test to retire on, to many low scores have now hampered this prospect.

Oh My God

Eng: No matter the situation we're going to play Bazball, get 250 to 500 an inning and bowl our best.

Aust: No matter the situation we're going to do everything possible to make the game the absolute hardest we possibly can for ourselves either with crap batting, rubbish field placements or wayward bowling. Yay us ~eats crayons~

aust 7- 186 at tea

Marnus put me to sleep when 9 from 81, woke up this morning to see he went for 9 from 82 lol

It’s been hilarious for me reading the Australian media trying to criticise non stop the way England have been playing their cricket with this new approach, determined to say it is a failure

The facts are 18 months ago England were absolutely destroyed in the last Ashes with no sign of a decent future in front of them anytime soon. A short time later they are at a point where every match bar the washed out one which they dominated, has been even all the way through with just a moment here and there deciding games

Yep England have been very good. Bazball would be a total flop though unless they had the batters to carry out the plan. Blokes like Brook and Crawley often look top shelf and could go on to long careers.

Marnus put me to sleep when 9 from 81, woke up this morning to see he went for 9 from 82 lol

It’s been hilarious for me reading the Australian media trying to criticise non stop the way England have been playing their cricket with this new approach, determined to say it is a failure

The facts are 18 months ago England were absolutely destroyed in the last Ashes with no sign of a decent future in front of them anytime soon. A short time later they are at a point where every match bar the washed out one which they dominated, has been even all the way through with just a moment here and there deciding games

Can’t disagree KE however the proof will be in the pudding when they travel to aust for the next ashes out here. Bigger grounds on bouncy pitches they will still struggle. Bazball or not. They always have as we have over there.

I think the common misconception is that guys are just told to go out there and flog it, the McCullum method is all about no fear and trusting your ability

In reality the theory behind it is just giving the guys enough belief to trust their ability without worrying about the consequences of what happens if something goes wrong, players have a bit of security with their spot in the team and know that they have a captain and coach behind them and playing without the fear of being dropped, that can change your mindset from defending a half volley to putting it away

England were a team that would play not to lose, now they play to win

Can’t disagree KE however the proof will be in the pudding when they travel to aust for the next ashes out here. Bigger grounds on bouncy pitches they will still struggle. Bazball or not. They always have as we have over there.

Perhaps, will be an interesting watch

Look at the Pakistan tour for example, everyone said it could never work over there, and they scored 500 in a day at 1 point, and won the series, where all other series over there the past few years had been borefests

It has made tuning in to watch England play something that I want to do

We haven't dominated England in England for a long Time! They struggle in Australia we struggle over there!

Just sayin’

We haven't dominated England in England for a long Time! They struggle in Australia we struggle over there!

Just sayin’
Don’t think that’s ever been due to a bowling attack though, generally the last 20 years the Australian pitches have been highways and your batsmen have struggled when the ball actually does something. Warner probably the prime example of that

A lot of time left to chase the runs, but will it be too many ? Presuming there was no weather or bad light involved and they played an extra half hour, getting through 80 overs in the day is a disgrace

There is no way we are chasing down 380 on current form. We've only gone past 300 three times this series from memory and none of those in second innings. They will roll us comfortably

It'll be 2-2 and the whining will escalate about how the rain robbed them of the Ashes. I think if I'm being honest they are probably right. They have played the better cricket over the 5 tests

Our batting has being disappointing on the whole, Ussie the only one to really knuckle down. We came into series with 3 out of the top 5 ranked batsmen I think, and they have failed to produce. England's bowling attack is solid, but we made it look world class.

Losing Lyon at Lords hurt us a lot. But our bowling with the new ball since Headingly has been crap. You can't tell me Englands top 3 are quality test batsmen, but we consistently bowled poorly to them and allowed them to get starts.

Anyway we retain the urn, so I'll definitely take that. Whether we deserved it or not is something Piers Morgan can whinge about.

There is no way we are chasing down 380 on current form. We've only gone past 300 three times this series from memory and none of those in second innings. They will roll us comfortably

It'll be 2-2 and the whining will escalate about how the rain robbed them of the Ashes. I think if I'm being honest they are probably right. They have played the better cricket over the 5 tests

Our batting has being disappointing on the whole, Ussie the only one to really knuckle down. We came into series with 3 out of the top 5 ranked batsmen I think, and they have failed to produce. England's bowling attack is solid, but we made it look world class.

Losing Lyon at Lords hurt us a lot. But our bowling with the new ball since Headingly has been crap. You can't tell me Englands top 3 are quality test batsmen, but we consistently bowled poorly to them and allowed them to get starts.

Anyway we retain the urn, so I'll definitely take that. Whether we deserved it or not is something Piers Morgan can whinge about.
I'm not too sure you can use Piers Morgan as the barometer for what a nation thinks. The man is universally thought of as an irrelevant wanker who just feels like he has to be controversial. If a team has come out in front (or not being beaten) in a 5 match series then they deserve it. Sure the weather was a factor in the last game but that's cricket. It's been a really good series with close finishes and that's what you want. England have probably been the better team but it's the results that count so unless they turn the better play into winning the series it counts for nothing.

I'm not too sure you can use Piers Morgan as the barometer for what a nation thinks. The man is universally thought of as an irrelevant wanker who just feels like he has to be controversial. If a team has come out in front (or not being beaten) in a 5 match series then they deserve it. Sure the weather was a factor in the last game but that's cricket. It's been a really good series with close finishes and that's what you want. England have probably been the better team but it's the results that count so unless they turn the better play into winning the series it counts for nothing.

Be a miracle if the Aussies win this test however I would love to see us going down swinging. 🤞

Be a miracle if the Aussies win this test however I would love to see us going down swinging. 🤞
Horses for courses mate. England have found a way and the players to play in that way. They can win a game in 3 days. It doesn't mean everyone else has to copy it. Same as any sport, you play the way you need to to win.

Stuart Broad has announced that he will retire from cricket after this test
I say this somewhat sheepishly, but I am a huge Broad fan. People talk about Anderson being England’s best quick, but I have Broad a fair way ahead of Anderson. Anderson has been ultra consistent, but Broad has X factor and that little bit of sh.. in him that I love

You can't tell me Englands top 3 are quality test batsmen, but we consistently bowled poorly to them and allowed them to get starts.
Absolutely gifted them starts having boundary riders out from ball 1 of the series. Not backing the bowling attack that they talked up heavily for months before the series to take wickets in their fashion doesn’t show faith in them to me

Could you imagine what McGraths response would have been if Waugh walked up to him and said that there’d be a cover sweeper from ball 1 ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8