Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing to do with being childish over it.

We wont make the finals. Build for next season. Even if we are trying to make the fianls.. he is a youngster who hasnt done anything that special playing first grade in my opinion. Hes looked decent but for me will be a liability with his temper on the field. I would prefer to use a player who wants to be here. His head is not.
I don't think we will make the finals either but we are 1 point out of the 8 and stranger things have happened. If it's a 50/50 call then leave Sam out but if he is the best option available the coach would be negligent to leave him out for a worse option.

If, as you say, we should be building for next season then the biggest issue we need addressing now is our lack of pace, mobility, versatility and attacking skills of our 10 leading forwards. I excuse Froggy from this criticism because he is game-aware and does have a suite of skills.
But which of our other forwards has pace, a side-step and/or a clever offload?
Bully has pace, which is why I'd like him to be in our starting pack, but come 2024 The Shoe will replace him (or whoever is deemed Guacca's best second row partner). At least the Shoe has amazing attacking skills which will be welcomed, although he's going to need to do a lot more grunt work and it will further weaken our defence.
IMO we need to try Matterson at lock. He could be in the mould of Souffs' Cameron Murray and a skilful link between our forwards and backs.
Our current roster of forwards are similar in style: big, strong runners who try to bash their way through. It works when we have possession but we get scrambled in defence when the opposition has the ball for a period, tire quickly so we are slow off the line, and we look ponderous when the opposition are good off-loaders.
Definitely wanna see Matterson get some time at lock. I'd start Jurbo there and bring Matto on after 20 just like Walker last year.

Nothing to do with being childish over it.

We wont make the finals. Build for next season. Even if we are trying to make the fianls.. he is a youngster who hasnt done anything that special playing first grade in my opinion. Hes looked decent but for me will be a liability with his temper on the field. I would prefer to use a player who wants to be here. His head is not.

Your opinion of him as a player is valid ... and if you're not picking him on that basis ... then Goodo.

I Didn't say you were being childish ... but to not play a player because he is leaving would disqualify 20% of the players in the NRL... and is literally the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face

Whilst we still have a chance of making the semi's (and even if we didn't) .. we are a professional football club ...too not pick your best team is amateur hour and Daffy Duck would be better off running the place

I don't think we will make the finals either but we are 1 point out of the 8 and stranger things have happened. If it's a 50/50 call then leave Sam out but if he is the best option available the coach would be negligent to leave him out for a worse option.
I know this discussion is more about whether we should keep Fainu out coz he's leaving but that aside, I think Kelma has shown enough since his return from injury, that keeps him ahead of Fainu now. And I am a Fainu fan.

Last edited:
Number:Name:Brought to you by:
1Reuben Garrick
2Jason Saab
3Brad Parker
4Tolu Koula
5Christian Tuipulotu
6Josh Schuster
7Daly Cherry-Evans ©
8Toff Sipley
9Lachlan Croker
10Matt Lodge
11Haumole Olakau'atu
12Kelma Tuilagi
13Jake Trbojevic
Bench
14Dean Matterson
15Aaron Woods
16Sean Keppie
17Ethan Bullemor
Reserves
18Kaeo Weekes
19Ben Condon
20Jakob Arthur
21Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
22Gordon Chan Kum Tong

Your opinion of him as a player is valid ... and if you're not picking him on that basis ... then Goodo.

I Didn't say you were being childish ... but to not play a player because he is leaving would disqualify 20% of the players in the NRL... and is literally the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face

Whilst we still have a chance of making the semi's (and even if we didn't) .. we are a professional football club ...too not pick your best team is amateur hour and Daffy Duck would be better off running the place
Personally i would have kept him as he has big potential. Hes shown it in glimpses.. im sure he will go on to big things. But it is what it is now..regardless I still wouldnt pick a player if he doesnt want to be here..unless we had to. (whether we wanted to get rid in the first place).. he has committed elsewhere and his mind is elsewhere. I dont have a problem with Toff and Bullymoor returning before him.

he has committed elsewhere and his mind is elsewhere.
Who knows what the content of a player's mind is? I am sure Samuela gives his best every game & would love to play more NRL games for Manly. If we extended that line of reasoning to every player, we could speculate that Stephen Crichton (Dogs 2024), Herbie Farnworth (Dolphins 2024), Dom Young (Roosters 2024) and so on, should only be selected for their respective club's second string sides.

Who knows what the content of a player's mind is? I am sure Samuela gives his best every game & would love to play more NRL games for Manly. If we extended that line of reasoning to every player, we could speculate that Stephen Crichton (Dogs 2024), Herbie Farnworth (Dolphins 2024), Dom Young (Roosters 2024) and so on, should only be selected for their respective club's second string sides.
True.. but its only natural not to be thinking about your future. With respect to the other players.. they are fully established NRL players.. Samuela is not.. No point giving him a run infront of Bully and Toff imo. Woods probably.. but hes actually got a good winning record with us.. and actually wasnt half bad last week.

No point giving him a run infront of Bully and Toff imo. Woods probably.. but hes actually got a good winning record with us.. and actually wasnt half bad last week.
If a replacement backrower is needed, I think Samuela is the best choice until Burbo is fit. His work rate is high & he has good game awareness. Bullemor is most effective as a middle (IMO).

The most likely replacement for Tuipulotu is Vaega as he was 19th man last week. He would be marking Suaalii - it would be good to have a taller option.

Could be the most boring Tuesday .. Ever.
Good Morning Woodsie
The Brush that can colour our dull boring Tuesday is in our own capable hands
Lets use it and have a Bright day :)

1690768062543.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10