Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Des will want to keep Walker in his current role and Suli will get a run. Walker's impact was evident again last night and I think he has found his permanent role in the team. The rule changes mean he is an asset in the middle now.
Yes if only he didn't get steamrolled in defence, miss 20 tackles per game, stifle the attack, wasn't a pain off the field, "stares" according to one Silvertail which apparently meant he doesn't know what he is doing, maybe doesn't stare (although I haven't heard this one) which means he doesn't know what he is doing, holds on to the ball too long, doesn't hold onto the ball at all ....... I know I have missed most of these issues besides the odd missed tackle which I have seen and the jersey grabbing in his early games after the injury which I did see and the one poor game he had after his injury which I also did see but the rest I have missed. I certainly missed the staring. I thought he has been playing great off the bench. I need to obviously watch more closely to see how poor he supposedly is......

Adrian Proszenko reporting Moses Suli will be joining Dragons next season on 500-600k a year for 3 seasons after Manly granted him permission to find another club.

Unreal money for his current status can't blame him for taking the opportunity wish him all the best

Apologies forgot to include source for anyone who wants to listen:

Adrian Proszenko reporting Moses Suli will be joining Dragons next season on 500-600k a year for 3 seasons after Manly granted him permission to find another club.

Unreal money for his current status can't blame him for taking the opportunity wish him all the best

Mate, he is on 550k at the moment!

To be honest, would rather use that money on retention and even keeping Marty, as earlier talk he could be squeezed out but he has been very good and consistent this year, great game last week against Parra when we had plenty of props out

Can’t blame him at all , especially if that money is true !!

Big incentive for Suli to have a big game on Friday. I reckon now that he’s playing he will want to stay.

Wish him all the best at the Dragons then. Suli's departure may never have happened if it wasn't for that injury he picked at the start of the season, witch led to Harper taking his spot. Funny how thing turn out, anyway lets get the best out of him for the remaining games he has left.

Interesting talk on SEN today regarding Suli to Dragons.

None of them a glowing endorsement from Dragons fans - ranging from we’d prefer Harper, he played one great game v Souths in ‘19 finals

He says they've tabled an offer but didn't say he's agreed to terms or accepted, he's assuming Suli accepts just because.....

Interesting that with all the talk about it on SEN this arvo ( like it was a given ) there wasn't really any glowing endorsements of him signing with the Dragons, especially for the money talked about.
Some listeners brought up his great game v Souths in the '19 semi but hadn't seen anything like it since, one saying they'd prefer Harper and rated him the best defensive centre in the game, another said where will they play him as they have Bird and Lomax.

Clearly Suli wants to play alongside legends of the game like Mybe, Burgess, Beale and Molo and be coached by master coach Griffin

Sure bet the dragons will be May premiers again in 2022 like they have the last 6 seasons

Maybe Suli will go, maybe this is just a re-hash of the previous offer they made him prior to Manly re-signing him in 2020 to generate rumour and conjecture...

With that said, here are some things that don't stack up for me:
  • Suli is (purportedly) on good coin now, this isn't a massive upgrade if rumours of his contract value are true
  • He has a support network and close friends around him at Manly that has helped him move past a troubled part of his life, where he almost squandered his NRL career
  • Des has stuck by him and mentored him through relapses in his time at Manly, and semi-serious injury layoffs at Manly
  • He is playing in a team that looks super happy, vs a team that at present looks quite the opposite
  • He has the chance to play alongside a player who will - in my opinion - become one of the greatest players the game has seen in Turbo
  • He is leaving to get more 1st grade time, but in truth he isn't improving his 1st-grade chances - The offer is from a club with arguably better centres than Manly 'on paper' (Lomax/Bird would likely be a more popular pick than Parker/Harper in most punters teams...likely only Manly fans see that different, and only after sustained performance in 2021)
  • He is going to a club that suggested making a BBQ-busting, under-the-bed hiding alleged rapist their captain - rather than cleanskin, articulate, game-winning head of the RLPA - who are you going to want to play for?
He can still play a part in this team with an off-season to re-align where he fits, and maybe he leaves for greener pastures for 2023 if that doesn't eventuate.

Conflicted.

If he goes with us paying no freight then that certainly makes sense on paper, and we certainly have more important positions (and especially junior talent) to invest money into right now.

Still makes me feel sad that he would want to move to a different team on a speculative promise of more 1st-grade time given how Des developed him. I admit the Dragons could shuffle Bird into a number of other positions to accommodate Suli in their backline as a starter. However, if he underperforms at the Dragons, i can see the guy looking back with regret as Manly kill it over the next 5 years with the potential dynasty we have on the boil right now.

Staying for a couple of years longer with Manly - even as a fringe 1st-grader - would likely give him something that the Dragons won't: a winning mentality and a taste of deep progress into many a Finals season in years to come. Then again as a fringe 1st-grader, we can't even consider giving him the coin Dragons are said to be waving around.

Best news I have heard this week.

Suli will enjoy being the NRL's most expensive 18th man as Bird and Lomax are lot better centres.

His price is based on the idea he was a certain starter. Now he is outside our best 17, the chance to free up 500k+ by releasing a reserve is too good to pass up. He has potential out the wazoo but has failed to show the consistency required to justify the coin he is on. Wish him well and we may rue releasing him but we've given him every chance and he hasn't lived up to the hype.

Great move for him. Though I hope we have some more depth. I can't see him getting a permanent spot on our squad, he was handy for some utility value

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8