Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Maybe Suli will go, maybe this is just a re-hash of the previous offer they made him prior to Manly re-signing him in 2020 to generate rumour and conjecture...

With that said, here are some things that don't stack up for me:
  • Suli is (purportedly) on good coin now, this isn't a massive upgrade if rumours of his contract value are true
  • He has a support network and close friends around him at Manly that has helped him move past a troubled part of his life, where he almost squandered his NRL career
  • Des has stuck by him and mentored him through relapses in his time at Manly, and semi-serious injury layoffs at Manly
  • He is playing in a team that looks super happy, vs a team that at present looks quite the opposite
  • He has the chance to play alongside a player who will - in my opinion - become one of the greatest players the game has seen in Turbo
  • He is leaving to get more 1st grade time, but in truth he isn't improving his 1st-grade chances - The offer is from a club with arguably better centres than Manly 'on paper' (Lomax/Bird would likely be a more popular pick than Parker/Harper in most punters teams...likely only Manly fans see that different, and only after sustained performance in 2021)
  • He is going to a club that suggested making a BBQ-busting, under-the-bed hiding alleged rapist their captain - rather than cleanskin, articulate, game-winning head of the RLPA - who are you going to want to play for?
He can still play a part in this team with an off-season to re-align where he fits, and maybe he leaves for greener pastures for 2023 if that doesn't eventuate.

Conflicted.

If he goes with us paying no freight then that certainly makes sense on paper, and we certainly have more important positions (and especially junior talent) to invest money into right now.

Still makes me feel sad that he would want to move to a different team on a speculative promise of more 1st-grade time given how Des developed him. I admit the Dragons could shuffle Bird into a number of other positions to accommodate Suli in their backline as a starter. However, if he underperforms at the Dragons, i can see the guy looking back with regret as Manly kill it over the next 5 years with the potential dynasty we have on the boil right now.

Staying for a couple of years longer with Manly - even as a fringe 1st-grader - would likely give him something that the Dragons won't: a winning mentality and a taste of deep progress into many a Finals season in years to come. Then again as a fringe 1st-grader, we can't even consider giving him the coin Dragons are said to be waving around.
You forgot1 very important fact. His BIG money contract with us ends next year and apparently the red V have offered him the same or more money for 3 years.

I think being with his very close mates will be a big factor on what he chooses to do...it's a very Polynesian thing.

Wait so, he's gone to another club on around the same amount of money we paying him, to still be a depth player. Coz I don't see him playing centre over lomax and Bird.

Look, ide love to see suli stay . He's huge for a centre and he's great when he's interested in playing... If you could put Parker's heart in sulis body you would have a dally m centre of the year for the next 3 or 4 seasons...

The problem is, about half the time he's on the park he really couldn't be bothered.. more than happy to stand and let a kick bounce instead of going for it if he's the closest... And when it does bounce, shows zero urgency ever to be the first one on the ball, usually happy to just stand there while opponents jump on it, or worse, just stands and watches as they scoop it up and Waltz over the try line... Its the 1% things that he just couldn't be arsed doing... It's great to be a wrecking ball in attack, but when your happy to chill while players streak past you to score time and time again, his money would be well spent elsewhere.

Wait so, he's gone to another club on around the same amount of money we paying him, to still be a depth player. Coz I don't see him playing centre over lomax and Bird.
Lomax wants out of Saints to join Chooks.

either way, Bird is no lock at centre. Every chance Hook will use him on an edge next year anyway. The Dragons basket case need to buy whatever they can get and work out where to play em in order to fit em all in later lol

He's got a lot of mates in the side, for that reason alone he's worth keeping around, happiness within the group is everything
I know what you are saying about mate ship but a club only wins a premiership by great performance on the field and not by great mate ships off the field .

Suli has not given the club 500k value and unless he turns things around our club can better invest the money else where

There is a border line between mates ship and premiership winning moral

The moral of the story
No one is bigger than the Glory of our Legendary club and we must always strive to honour it with success on the field

download.jpg

either way, Bird is no lock at centre. Every chance Hook will use him on an edge next year anyway. The Dragons basket case need to buy whatever they can get and work out where to play em in order to fit em all in later lol
I thought Lomax had signed on till the end of 2026. Not that contracts are worth anything these days but something must not be right after bbqgate.

I know what you are saying about mate ship but a club only wins a premiership by great performance on the field and not by great mate ships off the field .

Suli has not given the club 500k value and unless he turns things around our club can better invest the money else where

There is a border line between mates ship and premiership winning moral

The moral of the story
No one is bigger than the Glory of our Legendary club and we must always strive to honour it with success on the field

View attachment 19049
You're right of course, I've spent Suli's years with us hoping that he reaches the incredible potential he came to us with and like everyone else I've been left disappointed especially after seeing glimpses of what he could be but I accept that it's probably better for both parties to go their separate ways as disappointing as it is, I just hope he doesn't play a blinder against us in St merge colours 🙂

You're right of course, I've spent Suli's years with us hoping that he reaches the incredible potential he came to us with and like everyone else I've been left disappointed especially after seeing glimpses of what he could be but I accept that it's probably better for both parties to go their separate ways as disappointing as it is, I just hope he doesn't play a blinder against us in St merge colours 🙂
I hope he unleashes his potential and not waste it

That’s an interesting one with Lomax wanting out of the Dragons and join the Rorters.

Rorters have some good depth in the centre’s with Manu, Sualli, Billy Smith and Morris (maybe retiring).

Pretty well sums up my thoughts on Suli also ER, he showed last season what he was capable of had the crowd on their feet every time he handled the ball. Was looking for a break out year from Mosses this year, but the football gods weren't kind, got injured in our bad start to the season. And the rest is now history, with Harper deservedly taking his place. I hope he stays, as I know he is a rough diamond in the rough waiting to be polished up again.

Meanwhile, St George Illawarra have tabled Moses Suli a three-year deal after Manly granted the Tongan centre permission to speak to rival clubs.
The Dragons are seeking to bolster their back line and have tabled Suli an offer in excess of $500,000 a season.
The 23-year-old has struggled to break into the Sea Eagles starting side, stuck behind form three-quarters Morgan Harper and Brad Parker.
Suli came on to replace Parker after he was concussed in the win over the Eels, scoring two tries virtually untouched late in the game.
He has been named to start against Canberra after Parker was given time to fully recover from the head knock.
Suli has shown glimpses of the form that resulted in him signing a seven-figure contract before he had even played first grade. After ill-fated stints at the Tigers and Bulldogs, Suli has shown what he is capable of during 61 first-grade appearances for the Sea Eagles.
However, he is frustrated by his lack of recent opportunity and Sea Eagles officials, knowing they also have a representative centre in Dylan Walker, are likely to release him to pursue another opportunity.
The Dragons have just signed Moses Mbye from next year and are confident that Suli will be another key recruit for Griffin.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8